Spoon is a curse word?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, May 21, 2016.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

So yeah... "spoon" is apparently a curse word. So is "spicy". Not that it's a major concern though even though I have my censor off it still applies it.
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think you can figure out why both words are lol
    • Like x 2
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol I kinda want someone to say the reasons though:p
    • Like x 1
  4. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Probably because almost everything about this game is outdated. Outdated anti-hack, outdated graphics, everything down to the profanity filter that will filter out words like spicy because it detects "spic" and not the y at the end.
  5. SuperBell Loyal Player

I spoon my spicy hot lover.
    • Like x 6
  6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

So you have to eat cereal with a fork now?
    • Like x 2
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

I've forked my cereal lover.
    • Like x 4
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The filter, though named "profanity filter" isn't just about curse words. It encompasses a wide range of words that could be of an inappropriate nature.

The filters are mostly about broad spectrum protection for a company.
  9. VV Dedicated Player

Chosen is a very very very bad word.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Today I ate my breakfast with a [REDACTED]
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

I thought spooning would have been a curse word lol.
  12. kentasaiba Well-Known Player

13. Pults Loyal Player

It might be but forking isn't.
  14. Sivulla Dedicated Player

does knight assassin turn into k***ht ******in?
    • Like x 1
  15. megamanzero Loyal Player

me too cause i dont get it
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

Then please explain why the NPC can say a ss and if your on a PS4 the word a ss is spelled out correctly ??.... LOL

Bottom line is too many whiny a ss, crybabies complain non stop about "bad" words being used in shout chats now, you can't even type in damn, groin, spoon and bunch of other non-objectionable words..

Many people wanted and kept asking for censorship, well enjoy it now I guess....
    • Like x 2
  17. megamanzero Loyal Player

i don't think they blacklist those words specifically. i imagine they have a list of words and then using regular expressions they try to censor a number of variations of those words.

for example:

\b.*poon.*\b

would block out
    spoon
    harpoon
    larpoon
    warpoon
    mumbowumbopoon
    splatoonspoon

programmers should know. :)
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just found that out with Blacquelight: 'cho' is acceptable, 'sen' is acceptable, but 'cho...sen' is not
  19. megamanzero Loyal Player

hmm that's a pretty weird one.
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I am not sure where you get the idea that people complaining about ill mannered twits recently affected the filter.

This is the same filter that has been apart of the game since it launched, the only difference is the presumed bug that keeps turning it back on.
    • Like x 1