Speedster Lightning Trail

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CorruptFlash, Feb 14, 2023.

1. CorruptFlash New Player

I would like to incorporate an idea where people can change the color of the Trail of Lightning for speedsters to what color they want, If people want the same thing, Please back me up and get the developers to get this done. I feel like if we can change the color of our Styles, Eyes, etc, We should be able to change what our lightning trail looks as well. The Lightstream feature is only cool for Flight characters, not Speedsters. Make an Item for Speedsters to be able to change the color of the lightning trail in our Styles.
    • Like x 3
  2. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

Yes!

3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

While we're at it, make the colors of the hard light power set changeable to any of the various corps.

But the devs have zero interest in either of these ideas, sorry.
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

This is a great idea
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

It's not so much the devs not being interested in the idea of letting us change the HL power's color for different Corps. It's more that DC/WB is just..... not very inclined to agree to that, unfortunately. Probably also why we can't turn the ring glow off for toons that have rage or light based powers but aren't necessarily intended to be Lanterns or are Lanterns but just aren't actively using their rings at a particular moment, but that's just a guess. It's much like with the Superman emblem stuff.

If DC/WB were to agree to some way of doing it, though, I'd also be very happy and switch my Lantern characters to it in a heartbeat (I have several Lantern Girls, one for each Corps except White and Black because of their special nature, but for the ones that aren't Green, Red, or Yellow I've substituted a power of an appropriate color for now like my Blue Lantern using the Water power or my Indigo Lantern using the cursed loadouts for Celestial). It's one of the handful of things DC/WB is especially protective over and picky about, but that could change at any moment. It's definitely notable that they agreed to us being able to use Lantern powers at all, let alone for three Corps (almost four since I've heard there was at some point work on a Blue Lantern power that wound up getting scrapped but I forget why, though I don't think it was a licensing thing in that case). I won't hold my breath, but I certainly would love to see it happen!
    • Like x 1
  6. Daitoso0317 Active Player

Honestly one of the biggest changes needed for speedsters, it makes it so hard to do blue or red lightning for villians
  7. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

Suggestions belong in general gameplay forum not here.
    Testing Feedback
    Discuss changes and feedback on new features currently being evaluated on the public Test Server.