Speedhacker teleporting in Gotham...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, Apr 5, 2021.

1. King Bakes Well-Known Player

A few days ago I reported a speedhacker who was teleporting around Gotham to exo-material nodes. I was trying to farm them myself which is how I come across them. The account the speedhacker is on is level 4 and has no skill points - so I'm assuming they know the account is likely to be banned hence why they're not on their 'main'.

My issue is, I reported them days ago and yet they are still teleporting around Gotham!! I would've thought there would be a system in place where it flags up if someone is teleporting non stop to places you shouldn't even be able to teleport to?

I've got video evidence of them teleporting. Clearly reporting them in game doesn't do much so how am I meant to go about this?
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did you report them via help desk? Reporting in-game only flags the chat log, you have to follow up by submitting a ticket to customer service with all the required information.
  3. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Yeah i've reported them via help desk. Fingers crossed they'll be banned asap
  4. Kilbane Active Player

I've reported speed hackers in the past without any follow up. They're still playing and hacking to this day. The same names are spamming gold for weeks, the same folks are boldly selling speed hacking SM Carries in LFG and the same scammers are selling DB Cash + 10% or whatever. It's crazy how poorly these things are handled in DCUO. This is the only MMO I've played that does not have a in-game function to report people, and a handful of minimum wage front line CSR employees to deal with this stuff. I'm sure the devs know it's an issue.. but it's hard to feel like it is being taken very seriously when you see the same names spamming for weeks.

Ignore is a poor substitution for trying to deal with the issue really, but making Ignore account wide would help lessen the annoyance. It would also help strangle out the spammers and hackers since they would have a very reduced market. This means ignore would block all characters on that account from ever being seen or heard from on any of my characters. As it is.. I ignore a spammer and their 4 back to back spam characters. Things are quiet for a bit. Log onto another character and boom they're back again. *sigh*

I know gold spammers are a plague of whack a mole, but really, this system could probably be automated for the most part. If a name is put on more than 50 ignore lists within 12hrs (or a proper in-game "Report for Spam" option which also adds the to account wide ignore), that account should be banned from public chats and a email sent to the account as a warning and they remain banned from chat until it is acknowledged. If it happens again, email the account again and block them for 1 week after the acknowledgment. If it happens again block the account pending actual review and some explaining from the account holder.
    • Like x 1
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

The last time I logged into the game regularly, I would continuously take screenshot of all gold spammer accounts and then mass report them daily/weekly via a support ticket. But I got extremely ticked off when a gold spammer account I had reported somehow resurfaced.

I queried about that via support ticket, got no response and then proceeded to stop my gold spammer mass reporting spree since Daybreak didn't seem to care about my genuine effort to rid the game of the gold spammer virus.

Did you try to submit a report ticket for speed hackers you encountered? The way I reported speed hackers last time is either a capturing a screenshot (or video if you stream) and then submitting the report ticket, along with the combat log, specifically the portion that shows the continuous amount of damage output by the speed hacker before I can even retaliate.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The gold bots would leave if players just simply stopped buying from their websites or if players stopped farming gold for them to sell.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've actually noticed the 'carry' posts have gone down...way down seemingly. I was on for a few hours last night in LFG and don't remember seeing one. The last few weeks they were coming up every 30 seconds at least. Maybe a few got zonked and the rest got the message...don't post in open chat?
  8. LightningEl_ Level 30

They say after submitting your ticket thanks for caring ye cause you don't care there still actually running around smh and its obvious. Is there even an in-game GM they would see it right in front of there eyes if they teleported to one of them especially in SM
  9. Shalayah Committed Player

I don’t like the last idea. That could be abused by people. Lets say you get into some pointless argument in chat and a participant convinces his league to mass ignore you until you’re banned. That kinda situation is very unlikely but if someone has a reputation on this game. It’s very possible.
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Heres an idea, close your eyes and you wont see them doing it. Problem solved.
  11. Kilbane Active Player

The idea of "If people don't use the service they go away" is a red herring really. Yes, if literally everyone on the planet stopped Pay2Win from all games then you are correct. Much like if everyone just stopped doing Meth it'd also go away. But in reality.. humans do human things.

Now specific to DCUO... The gold seller services operate on many different MMO's at the same time so a sale in WoW, UO, Warhammer, EQ, EQ2, Eve, GW, GW2, SWTOR, NWN, STO, ESO, FF14, and pretty much any MMO in existence supports the Spam in DCUO. Spam bots will exist even if they never make a sell in that game simply because they might make a sale. Even if they never made a single dollar from DCUO players (which I'm sure they have made money), the cost of operation is just too low to not throw the baited hook it out there.

I was just spit-balling the idea. Yeah, there is a small chance it could be abused by a league of Jerks and Friends, but that could also be dealt with. Some well known "Content Creator" accounts or even some active folks on this forum would probably need to be exempted. I have a feeling this situation would be fairly rare though and could be dealt with by a CSR review. Make it so if someone is found abusing the system their account gets a hefty temporary account ban.. not just from public chat..
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I saw a Hero on US PC teleporting to Exo Nodes weeks ago in Gotham. Moved so fast i could not see a name. I didn't think to try F4/nearby to see a name.

I've been opposed to the move to free-to-play that DCUO did years ago. I thought the original launch plan from SOE of having to buy the game might have limited the willingness of cheaters/gold spammers/ne'er-do-wells from populating the game. Like GW2 did. Yet, I've seen teleporting bots in GW2 and DCUO over the years. A free-to-play game allows for a banned account to be replaced easily and cheaply. IMHO, I think the studios get a kickback from the ones doing the gold selling.

Why have they not made or use a KickBot??

[IMG]
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I have found a few myself in Gotham. I opened a ticket as well. It is kinda interesting watching the mini-map and seeing a (hero) square pop up for a second..poof..now jumped a little bit to next node..poof..in front of me now..poof..at next node already..poof..off the mini-map. They are pc players that do this and you gotta get the nearby tab opened fast otherwise they already be gone!
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Going F2P and building micro-transactions on top of it is kinda the name of the game now. A game like Warframe allows a helluva lot for F2P but people are still willing to shell out enough $ to skip the grind. The game is still earning $.

As for F2P making DCUO too casual, well gaming companies focus on paying customers and enticing ppl to open their wallets. They don't have to care about catering equally towards both the casual gaming population and the more serious/dedicated gaming population.
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Thats exploitable, because you could get like some of your friends or alts to ban someone who trolled on trade chat, who you know from the forums or someone you dont like for example. On US Demon, Wanda, Obsidian and Proxystar are some people who would get ignore/report abused.