Speed Hackers in 31st century now???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KiraDanvers, Mar 4, 2021.

1. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

So I was just doing my dailies in New Earth and jumped into the Cosmic Boy fight just to get the weekly bounty done, and he melted in seconds.

There was a speed hacker in the open world!

I mean, seriously?? In 7 years on this game I had never run into a speed hacker before, but I've run into at least 3 in the past month! Now they're roaming the open worlds too?? Something seriously needs to be done about them now. They're starting to get out of hand! It's not even like we can really report them because they always have no visible name.

It's annoying enough when you get paired with one in a raid, but at least you still get some currency when the bosses go down (and you can leave when you notice what's happening), but with farming open world bosses? With a speed hacker around you don't even get enough time to contribute to the fight!

It can be tricky enough to get into a decent phase as it is sometimes, but if we also have to try avoiding phases where speed hacking is occurring it's gonna make it even harder. Luckily the one I encountered ran off when I called him out in chat, but he's probably just gone off to another phase to keep doing it.
    • Like x 4
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Unfortunately unless you can identify who is actually doing it there is little to no hope of anything actually being done about the open world ones. It's far easier to identify them in a raid when you only have to watch 7 others... but in an open world where you have 20-30 people around it's a lot harder.

Bountyverse was supposed to be a way to slow down progression and make the DLC last a little longer. In reality it only encouraged more speed hackers (one of the problems it was trying to solve), caused people to stop playing alts as much as they did in BOP and earlier, and caused a lot of smaller leagues to die off or become a lot less active because the grind to get everything was just too much. Fortunately they have already come out and said that the next DLC will not have Bountyverse... but I really and truly feel sorry for the newer players who are going to have to go back and run boss cycles in order to complete the feats.
  3. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I'm fairly sure I identified who it was (there was a guy nearby with no name - usually a big give-away), but you're right. Without a scoreboard it's hard to actually prove that it was actually him doing it.

And, yeah....I had mentioned on here back when Wonderverse launched that these boss farming open worlds are ok when they're still relevant, but I'd hate to get anything done in them in a year or two when they've been out of relevancy for a while. It's almost impossible to get things done on my low levels alts, like the Brine Hulk and Trench Mother in Atlantis, I dread to think how hard it'll be to beat Hydra or Validus when those DLCs are as old as Atlantis is!
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There have been speed hackers in open world content since 2011, welcome to DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not on PS3...till the merge. Just saying can't hack a console.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did I say PS3?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, but you implied it's all DCUO with 'welcome to DCUO'. It's not. It's the DCUO with PC in it (meaning the PC/PS servers now). I'd guess DCUO does not have this issue in Xbox or Switch either, although as there are only 23 switch users, I'd guess we'd never hear about it if there were.o_O

Maybe better to have said 'Welcome to PC gaming'....which would be accurate as most PC games have had or still have varying levels of hackery.
    • Like x 4
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

being a cheating %$£&hole is the new meta.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm going to stop you right there because what I said was:
    DCUO has been on PC since 2011. Cheating programs in general have existed since long before 2011. That was the gist of my comment to the OP. If you read anything further into that, that's on you.

I didn't say anything about speed hackers on PS3. I didn't imply speed hackers were on XB and NS which didn't even launch until 2016 and 2019 respectively.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

100% false, yes you can
    • Like x 3
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Correction...it's been meta for as long as gaming has been around.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

fair enough. it seems to be a lot more on-show & brazen at the moment in this game, though.
    • Like x 2
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

No, you cannot. You cannot install an external program on a console that does not originate from the console's app store. On a Playstation, if the app does not come from the Playstation Store the only way you can install it is if you jailbreak your console... and if you jailbreak your console, PSN will not permit you to sign in which means you won't get your license information. This is why you only have test server clients on PC. The required checks by Playstation Store or their equivalents on Xbox or Switch make it time prohibitive to issue test clients for the consoles.

Speed hacking requires the installation of an external program to execute the action operations for you.

Do not confuse speed hacking with glitching a la the money glitch.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think Proxy is referring to something similar, something external that I'm not comfortable discussing here. What you're saying is true, however there's more than one way to skin a cat.
    • Like x 5
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

With the SM coming, there's no shortage of speedhackers, again... ;)
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

money and currency farmer, its how it use to be in wow, they have tons of characters/accounts running at once in a full room of pcs, thats why all those spatials u see in the HOD and WT are for, they farm as much as they can, account gets popped, and they log in another and rince repeat, trade to several safe accounts, that don't get banned or their customers
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m so tired of the legion bounties I can’t say I blame them.
  18. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Yeah, but we’re tired for VALID reasons. I was one of those who banged out the Bounty Requirements for Wonderverse and Legion in the first month. Mainly because I knew that once they announced the next round of bounties and the DLCs started aging, there would be fewer people to do them with. I still pop on for the special events, but I use the rest of the time for other stuff. Either way, we actually ground out the stuff so we SHOULD and have the RIGHT to be tired. Those who are speed hacking don’t get any sympathy or empathy here.
    • Like x 3
  19. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I'm not saying YOU are giving speed hackers an excuse, but there's no excuse for speed hacking in my opinion.

No one should be doing this.

No matter how tired of content they are.
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, y’all got a point. It’s not right really. I certainly wouldn’t do it myself.