Special Test Server Weekend! Test Cross Faction PvE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Test Server Weekend!

The PC Test server usually requires a PC Membership for access, but not this weekend! All players are invited to join us this Friday-Monday, regardless of your account status, to help test upcoming Cross Faction PvE. All you need is a Daybreak account (free) and the test server installed.

To get started, download the PC Test client here:http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/DCUO_Test_setup.exe
    Sign up for a Daybreak account here: https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/register

What Is Cross Faction PvE?

Taskforce X and Suicide Squad are making the jump from PvP to PvE, inviting Heroes and Villains to play together in On Duty Duos, Alerts, and Raids! Playing with more people means your On Duty queues will pop faster, PLUS you will have the chance to see the other side of the story when you play the opposite faction's version of shared content.

Just as in PvP, players will receive the collar effects when placed in an opposite faction instance. Simply queue up for any instance that displays the Suicide Squad red target symbol. To opt out, open the Settings menu and turn off the “Enable Suicide Squad” option under the Gameplay tab.

For more information, look here.

How To Test Cross Faction PvE

Here are a few tips to make the most of your time testing:
    • Organize with other players in the global, server wide chat channels
    • Queue up for content at the same time as players of the opposite faction
      • Look for the red target symbol that denotes which content is enabled for Cross Faction PvE
    • Once in an instance, confirm with the other players that both Heroes and Villains are represented, and note if you are in a Hero or Villain version of the instance
    • Then, play through looking for anything out of the ordinary!
    We are specifically looking to make sure these things are working properly:
    • Does chat work (group text and voice)?
    • Does loot drop and lock correctly?
    • Do group dynamics (healing, power back, etc) work properly?
    • Do group buffs work properly?
    • Does voting work, including kicking and excuses?
    • Does link death work?
    • Can you be placed into instances already in progress?
    • Can you reset your loot locks and/or others' loot locks?
    • Do pets function correctly with players of the opposite faction?
    • Can you obtain feats?
    • Can you obtain collections/briefings/investigations?
    • Does opting out prevent you from going into the opposite faction's content?
      • Note, opting out does not prevent others of the opposite faction joining our faction's content
    • Does the red bomb collar effect appear when you join an instance of the other faction?
    • Can you invite other players to join your instance?
    • Like x 9
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is also worth noting that we have added the ability for groups to vote-invite players of the opposite faction to all instances where Cross Faction PvE is enabled.
    • Like x 18
  3. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

[IMG]

#excited
    • Like x 2
  4. Wellens Well-Known Player

5. Hemmy Committed Player

Finally, more people! Looking forward to seeing you all here! (there? then? Whatever.)
  6. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

I will be there!!!
  7. Dibrie Committed Player

Good things :)
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Is that going to be only a possibility in test server? Or in Live server too?
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

i thought i was the only one that loved that dance in your sig she does
    • Like x 1
  10. Hemmy Committed Player

By far the best dance ever done by a DC character.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Quickster Well-Known Player

B....But PC doesn't have a villain side :( :( :(
    oh well, i'll give the test a shot.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Link death, in my experience, is sketchy. Last week if you had asked me I would have sworn you'd disabled it completely. This weekend it started working again. Today, I disconnected from Intergang Crime Wave during the final boss fight and didn't get the link dead flag.

How can we test this? I'll gladly get into an alert and randomly kill my client if it will help you all improve this feature.
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

My laptop can't held it.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Live as well.
    • Like x 5
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Literally removed the test server off of my PC last weekend because I didn't think this would ever happen again.
  16. TheBossManDJ New Player

BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M IN YOUR LEAGUE!!!! AND YES IT'S ME >:D
  17. TheBossManDJ New Player

yes the PC does have a villain side on both live and test. I know this because i have villains on both live and test servers
  18. BigAl Devoted Player

I don't expect to be on test this weekend then.....oh the terrible lag to come......
  19. Gwalir Loyal Player

Which is exactly why they're doing this, of course. :p
  20. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

For everyone ? o:

I'll be there ^^

How does this work ?
    When I create an account to use there, will it be with the items and CR I want or what ?