Special Source Marks Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RahRah Active Player

"instanced, relevant content"... Meaning on-duty content that's CR relevant. If you usually get source marks for it, then it will be doubled. If you're at end game, then that's probably only from Metal pt2 and BoP now. Open world missions will not get you double source marks.
  2. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Open world missions will give you double marks. It always has during the previous double marks events. Also the reason NUTTA didn't get any marks is because the reset did not happen yet... It's usually at 4am EST from my understanding.

If you're at endgame you should be able to get marks from any content above episode 34.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Check the start date
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

They give double event currency during such an event. The daily reset already happened for me (europe) and open world does not give double source marks.

Usually for Episode Double/Triple events, the phrase "instanced content" isn't used.
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wow I might actually have to level up another alt. This would actually help with to give me another toon to farm the canary cry’s with
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I appreciate bonuses. But why limit them to instances only? The bonus marks should be for all content, instance, journal, lock boxes. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

This is pretty cool, not just the double Source Marks, but the half-price on the Mechanical Vendor. That really does make leveling an alt pretty speedy.

It's just a shame that it really doesn't do a lot for Switch players, because it only works for instanced content in the relevant range, which pretty much just means 1 challenge and 1 duo. Hopefully we can get four people to log on today.
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Reading some of these comments about speed leveling alts makes me shudder lol. As if we dont already have enough high cr skipping and low artifact/Aug toons out there being carried, causing wipes, disbands, and turning 10 minute alerts into hour long marathons lol
    • Like x 1
  9. August Moon Well-Known Player

At this point ive started vetting my elite raid groups like a dang job interview.

cr 303 looks good , artifacts up to 120 seems decent , skill points at 99....cant have that now can we, next application
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed. The only things I'll be buying with source are gear for missed styles on alt accounts. 52 marks for a full style set, not shabby even without the 1/2 'already owned' reduction if it applies. It does sound like those 3 or 4 toons I've got hovering at 113-116 CR will be getting a workout this week though.

Now...put vendor 22 on 1/2 price as well...that's something many can get behind.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, they stack. The cost has been reduced by 50% during the sale, and then the feat discount reduces that by another 50%. (75% total discount)
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And does it only apply at the single universal vendor, or at each Tier/Episode vendor where the gear shows up regardless of your current CR?
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, it is only at the supply vendor. (For getting this event whipped up on short notice, this was what was feasible.)
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Er....so toons that are at endgame CR but need all those previous styles? Not so much? Well 2x source is always appreciated anyway.

That begs a question? Why not have all of the leveling gear in the vendor, regardless of your level? Like PVP gear, where I can scroll back to older sets even if I'm at 101 PVP CR? I get not having stuff that is too high, but once you are over the one Tier, it would be beneficial to have one-stop shopping for your old missed styles/gear...especially with Vendor 00 now not in use.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

With our current vendor UI, this would be a nightmare. The intent with this vendor is to offer you just what you need simply, without having to either run around to all the other vendors in the game or scroll for hours.

We would definitely like to improve this.
    • Like x 4
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: To correct the above and be more exact, any items that appear on the Mechanical Supply Officer (ever), will also be discounted wherever else they are sold in the game. So many items, but not all, will be discounted on the episode vendors.
    • Like x 4
  17. Jensu Well-Known Player

i can't see anything in that vender is it just for low cr's or am i glitched?
  18. Clawed Active Player

I just done the BOP dailies and weeklies. No doubles so far. Is it only in raids and alerts?
  19. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Right. "Instanced" means raids, alerts, solos - everything you go in via the "On Duty" Menu.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That sounds better, I'll take a look at a few where I have styles missing and see.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.