Sparring Targets in War Room of League Hall

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Clothez, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Clothez Active Player

So I don't know why the sparring targets are spread out the way they are on the group of 8 in the league hall, but would it be possible to move them together? Some damage loadouts I'm testing don't even reach all 8, because they are just so far spread apart and it's quite annoying. Also, I'd like a reason that the sparring targets dont return power anymore? I have no idea why that was taken away, but it's also very annoying that I can do 1-2 rotations before being out of power. Thanks for any help!
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

No more power from the sparring targets? Welcome to Stats Revamp. Need more than one sparring target together? Create your own league hall or join a league with a league hall. Need more power when using powers that look cool on the sparring target? Bring a controller or two along to the sparring target. Crisis adverted.
  3. Clothez Active Player

All fair points, except I already said the 8 in the league hall were the ones i was talking about. Also, I dont have any friends or know anyone that actually that play on test server, that would be willing to sit there and give me power lol. You're welcome to come be my personal battery if youd like:)
    • Like x 1
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

That starts by asking nicely if you are a hero or demand coercively if you are a villain.
    • Like x 1
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

The return of power was taken out from test dummies because dps players are now also responsible for their own power management, basically to not rely 100% on a controllers power out, basically if ur loadout is so power hungry that u cant perform a 30sec rotation something is wrong, powerpool to low or /and the loadout cost to much power etc...

also some powers dont hit in large aoe only in a cone aoe thats why u are not supposed to hit all targets with all powers.
    • Like x 1
  6. Clothez Active Player

My friend, I'm sorry, but that's not how that works lol I've had and tested many loadouts that run out of power easily within 30 seconds, that with a troll in content I never have power issues with. There's a difference when you have a troll giving power back, and then using your power and getting actually nothing back. Secondly, if I'm looking to test powers on group damage, such as frost blast on ice, or plague on celestial,, I can't hit them all because they are spread SO far. If the ads are that far spread apart, then your tank is not doing its job correctly.
    • Like x 1
  7. Clothez Active Player

are you a hero?
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

I gave u the reason why dummies do not give power back and u tell me thats not how its working ? wait what ? btw u can do a 30 sec rotation with a power hungry loadout with just 250 sp into might/power while soda cola is part of the rotation.
  9. Clothez Active Player

No you told me if I can't do a rotation in 30 seconds, then the loadout is too power hungry. That's just not true, if I do the simple earth rotation, that everyone uses, I'll not even be able to run a 30 second parcer. In a raid or something, I can easily do it. Or that I can't hit those I targets because abilties don't reach, most abilties in the game can't hit all 8 of those and I can't test true aoe loadouts because they are too far spread, which they shouldn't be in a raid if your tank is tanking correctly. I understand you on why they took it off, but theres no reason they shouldn't put it back. It's just annoying to have to sit there and wait for cola cooldowns every rotation of a parcer. Sorry I didn't mean to sound rude in the last response btw.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

Sounds like a lot of jack hammering... I wouldn't wanna be a battery for that.
  11. Clothez Active Player

LOL, my point exactly. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

In a raid with a person playing ur loadout one would be always at 10% power and that with a troller in group, devs added a 1.5 sec cooldown on power recharge for a reason, a well geared/specced troller can give u around 5k/sec power but ur loadout probably consumes 10k+ power per second so the rest of the power management is on the player and thats why the devs made the decision to not let dummies giving power back... to sensibilize players with their power hungry loadouts in that matter.
  13. Clothez Active Player

Alright, i guess just disregard my comment about me testing plenty of my loadouts on test that run out of power, but do perfectly fine in content with a troll. Another example besides the earth example, my celestial loadout can just barely get by on test, but I literally never have power problems in content. Its not accurate.
  14. Clothez Active Player

A decent troll can keep even the most power hungry powers up, powers like electricity or rage, but even powers that are not at all power hungry, struggle to run a 30 second parcer on test with NO power being returned, which is just not accurate in any way.
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

what's the super-secret super-power-hungry earth rotation you're trying to test? i cannot get jackhammer off my mind since you claim you need a troll.
  16. Clothez Active Player

It's not any super secret loadout. As I stated before, the earth rotation everyone knows and uses(with jackhammer if you truly do not know), cannot get through 30 second parcers without having to drink colas. I've been earth for quite a while and I have zero power troubles in content with a troll. Testing rotations with any loadout getting absolutely zero power back is so inaccurate when testing, even if you are testing how power hungry it is. Honestly, at least give a minimum PoT or something. ANYTHING is welcome and better than zero power back.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know what would be cool? A non-combat pet that gives power.
    • Like x 1
  18. Clothez Active Player

I 100% agree. That would be really cool for trolls, or anyone running solo stuff. There's death blossom that throws pretty great healing, why not have a pet trinket that throws power. Sidekick does, but meh.:p Something else that would be great is a supercharge generator of some sort near the sparring targets. That would be AMAZING. So we don't have to sit there for 3 hours building one, just to dc in a raid lol. Would also help testing supers!
    • Like x 1
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

It may seem like a silly question, but ...
    When you went to spend your skill points, did you choose the right option? The power option?
    Or did you choose the middle option? Which is normally used for tanks, healers, and trolls? Because if you chose this you will have to use a "mixed" option between weapon and power, in order to have a return of power.
    Now imagining that you did everything right, another option would be to look at the "values of each attack"!
    With Revamp now each attack has a power expenditure value, some lower, others extremely high! If you do not know how to balance this, you will have a huge expense, causing a "burst" of power, causing you to quickly lose your power bar, regardless of the option you chose when placing your skill points ...
  20. Clothez Active Player

Yes everything is might (Superpower) specced. I test loadouts and powers all the time. There's no problem with the SP or trees im specced into. When you have zero power back when you're using powers for an entire 30 seconds, you're going to run out of power. I know why they did it, I just don't understand it. The least it could do is throw a normal average PoT. It would be way more accurate, and way more helpful when testing loadouts.
    • Like x 1