Spam in in-game email!!!??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RealTegan, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In game mods...yes. Sell cash, no. First off, lest anyone forget, the gold sellers do not MAKE money....well a bit... but the money they have is from trades among other players or money glitches. They aren't out there running content to generate the cash except maybe vault and stabilizers. There is too much money in game already. Printing new money will only make it worse and serve to jack up prices more. No offense but if the only way to get rid of spammers is to further screw up the economy, I'll take the spammers and ignore still.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...yeah...

That is one of the more disturbing aspects to this game; you actually have to friend someone you don't know to get into a desirable phase. I literally log in and out to get into a good phase, I refuse to *friend* someone I don't know just to get into a phase. I would definitely sacrifice this aspect in favor of global account ignore or any other solution.

There are games that use a phase/instance window when you go into one; you get a choice of which phases to enter and a short time to make that decision (usually 10 seconds). If you dont make a choice, the game sends you to the least populated phase. If a phase is full, you either cannot see it or you cannot select it. This would be a good addition to the game in the future.

Good Points.
    DCUO could also make it a toggle choice, such as "prompt Friend Invite" on/off and "Block Friend Invite" on/off.
    Champions Online currently has the feature of a Friend List prompt for approval. The game also has an updated version of COH's global addressing system, which works very well against bots and spammers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm down with the change that I couldn't get mail from someone not on my friends/league. I've probably gotten 2 or 3 mails ever from someone who would not fall under these categories. Better yet if it's a toggle 'only accept mail from friend/league' and have it turned on by default. I don't get your 2nd point though. As long as you now can't send me stuff or chat harrass me and I still can ignore you if that does happen, why would it matter if someone wanted you as a 'friend'? Example...let's say someone 'bad' friends me because every time I'm on he wants to send me tells, inv to group, inv to private chat...or whatever to annoy me....I ignore him....we're done. I doubt it would happen much, but sure...it could. Now, you add the 'confirm friend' prompt and every time someone wants to add you to their friends list you are going to get a prompt? I find that way more intrusive as it's likely to happen a lot more....like potentially every day, multiple times a day. Likely they'd also have to add a 'block friend request' like 'block group' and 'block league inv' toggles we have now, which is further a hassle because you'd have to turn it on and off for those people you would like to friend.

I don't add people to phase as some others have said, but I do add them (especially on alts i'm bringing up) if I see them working on the same stuff, like bounty hunting or outdoor missions....I hit them up if I see them in again and think a teamup might move things along.

Reinheld
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

perhaps they should ban those psn code traders while they're at it. it's a real-life cash trade for game cash also. then trade chat would be endlessly clear and free of scammer accusations.
    • Like x 1
  5. inferno Loyal Player

I don't want to give these guys any more ideas but if they really start spamming my mail with these, I'm going to war with somebody. I can tolerably remove these gold spammers or go to my private chat channels but I have very little control with the mail. I already don't like that all league members get automatically put in my mailing list, but there needs to be more options on mail.
  6. Gromm865s Active Player

They most certainly make money, from one site 50 mill is $8, they will pay what, $3-4 (if that) to buy that 50 mill, doubling the profit on any business is extremely good. I have known players buying hundreds of millions to billions from one of those sites. There is so much money in the game from old glitches that got hidden to a new glitch. Idk anymore.
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

First the chat, then the email. :( Devs... do something before the gold sellers start spamming the forums.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They don't make any in game money. They buy and sell it...and yes, make real world money as a result. But money is generated in game from running content(or glitches). Broker cash is transferred between players, broker fees and vendor spend goes back into the ether from whence it came. I'm just saying there aren't gold sellers out grinding content to generate a few $3000 a run then selling drop gear to a vendor to make some cash. They are moving money in game while standing in a corner of HQ or a police station....not creating/earning it. And I said, yes...much of it probably was generated by glitches....maybe some not so old even. If you find and kill a few of the accounts holding the billions, you do way more damage than banning the garbage accounts shouting the site info.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

Just got on the game to see that I too have a spam email. Gosh.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't hang out in the WT so hopefully I don't get any.
  11. Eve YouTuber

I think I was lucky so far and haven't got any mail, but this becomes a more serious problem.
  12. Neph Dedicated Player

Just to be clear, the counter measure is having an employee manually monitoring your xbox, playstation, pc and now nintendo email servers? Classifying this as a minor nuisance that players should deal with it so that new players can experience it as well, possibly creating an aggravating experience for them thusly losing them as paying clients? Maybe I got the wrong impression, but that’s how it reads for me.

Adding a feature to only allow friends and league mates to send/receive emails would be the best route for this issue.
    • Like x 2
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

And I'm the one who gets a warning from the devs.
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  15. RealTegan Dedicated Player

To be honest, I never even thought about the problem with blacklisting. First, it wasn't my screencap, it was from the tweet I linked to. And second, it's a spammer, not a player. If I got a warning, I would absolutely accept it. But I didn't think about that.

I'm sorry you got warned for a similar incident.
    • Like x 1
  16. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Iom just remove mail make all items & currency account bound
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

The sad thing is whatever measure is adopted to counter this latest tactic by the spammers will make the game less new player friendly and still have little to no impact to the continued presence of spammers in-game.
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

just ignore it..../
    • Like x 1
  19. MaverickCal New Player

I only see 4 thumbs up. Does that mean people don't use this feature as much as I thought it was used? Is there a work around ignoring spamming beggers and insulting mind numbing chatter?
  20. Jo-Bi Wan New Player

I'm getting them too now, every single time i log into my game i get a SPAM EMAIL! How the **** hasn't this **** gone COMPLETELY UNPUNISHED?!.. Doe's DayBreak profit off of those who're fall for or at least gets affected by these SCAMS? Does their MacroTransaction Sales go through the roof every time a player gets conned & has to resort to buying more MacroTransactions just to get back the progress they've lost?! Or are these Scammers just paying them a hefty sum just to leave them alone?!!!! Stop this madness DayBreak Games, that's ALL WE'RE ******* ASKING FOR!!!!!!!!....... >:/