SP max

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Sep 4, 2021.

1. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

The only real way the artifacts benefit you in clamped content is the ancillary effects of the artifact like the safety net on Page of Destiny or the HoT/shield you get from the Purple Healing Ray etc. The stats you get from the artifacts are basically meaningless and I would argue the stats you get from your SP in clamped content are useless also.

All in all this clamped content hurts the veterans and other people who worked hard for gear/SP/artifacts etc more than it helps the new players. Per Daybreak's usual arrangement, its the classic 1 step forward 2 steps back.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

If you left content unclamped, wouldnt players be carried up to tier 6 or so? Wasnt their complaints about clueless players at endgame on the forum?
    • Like x 2
  3. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

And clamping players is a solution to the clueless players? No. Lets say you do 100,000 DPS and I only do 50,000, you're clearly a better DPS. Now the devs have limited your DPS to 60,000/sec...at the end of the day you have been nerfed, but I haven't been made a better DPS, you've just been made worse. The solution to the problem to raise people up, NOT to bring everyone else down to their level. So in the case of clueless player, the solution to that is to implement a system that helps teach them. The devs have already taken a step towards doing that by making mechanic messaging more clear with those blue/yellow/red messages that fill your screen when something happens.

I take the approach of offering help someone, but if they don't listen to someone more experienced and they just keep continuing to be a bad player then oh well, they're SoL and won't get into content with certain people. I used to be that player, I used to think I knew better than everyone else when in reality I didn't. I was a arrogant/cocky sob who sucked as a player, but I eventually got better because I was starting to get left behind and excluded from content. Some people will get it, some won't and that won't ever change.
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

It (stat clamp now) wouldn't be a shock to the system if they had gone with a GW1 game design. ;):rolleyes:
    /glare@ChisCao
  6. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

For FUN! Which is the point after all.

In any event higher gear stats for current content certainly can't hurt. Especially of there are open world bounties still in the offing,
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Fun? Oh yeah, I remember that. :(
    • Like x 2
  8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I have been inspecting players in omnibus out of curiosity on this very point.

This is only anecdotal on my part but my observation in Omnibus runs has been that players with high artifacts and tac mods out perform those who lower in those areas.

Of course I can't inspect Skill Points or SKILL but it seems to me that there is a pretty large difference to be had there.

I would also not underestimate the effect of buff soders as a difference maker in ANY content
  9. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Elite gear has always been a "nice to have" not essential, even to clearing Elite content. In that area nothing has changed.

Same with the OP pieces. They aren't must haves to excel in the game. Never have been

IMO the purpose of Elite was to challenge one's self against the toughest gameplay and that beating it was it's own reward. the Elite gear is pretty much just a bit of icing on the cake.
  10. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Cheer up! There are a lot of ways to have fun in the game.

I know players whose entire enjoyment comes from style collecting. Others from grinding out in game wealth.

Sometimes I ask someone to cue up with me and then leave so I can try to solo Duos and alerts. Since the stat clamp I have even walked into some of the old raids that still have portals just to see what I can do.

Point is, not everything needs progression to be fun.

I'm not saying any of this is for you or anyone else, but it could be fun to come up with your own "mini-games"?
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Emperor Aquaman was supposed to cheer me up. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I suspect that there WILL be a sale on Bats and Aquaman eventually. probably a long way down the road.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could buy one and use them on all your characters. So I totally get it
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hope they see all the backlash and do something to throw me a bone. :(
    • Like x 1
  14. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Just speaking for myself here, sounds good.
    • Like x 1
  15. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I know I saw this complaint often. No wait, I said this back when the New Genesis was well..New.
    • Like x 1
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

How could i be a better DPS if youre killing bosses within a matter of swings? For multiple Tiers, and it only takes 1 max gear players to queue in to trivialize content?
    • Like x 1
  17. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

*sigh* I think you completely missed my point. Clamping players doesn't help the bad players get any more skill. In fact doing this might have made it harder to level up a toon without having to pay for a skip. When I leveled a toon last I would actively hope that I got a bored high level guy to come in and destroy the raid. It made things easier on me. Now, with the clamp its been made harder to level up toons without paying for the skip token which is what Daybreak wants you to do, they want to get you to end game ASAP so you start dumping money on replays, artifacts, allies etc.

Their were certain feats that were made easier because you had a high CR come in and destroy the adds/bosses. Now those have been made harder again. Clamping will have a detrimental impact on the game/community as a whole. And as anecdotal evidence (I can't create a poll because for some silly reason its a against the rules) I point you to all the complaints that are in the gameplay section on these forums.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No the game is not capped at cr345 I don’t know where you got that info from but it’s not true. When a new dlc drops it will have its own minimum cr and it’s own max cr. In order to play that content you will need the minimum to participate unless you are willing to wait almost a year to play it clamped.

Stats clamp also does NOT affect the last 3 dlcs at any given point. That is also false info. You NEED to keep progressing in order to play new content. You have to keep getting more sp to get more stats. Same with augments and artifacts. Literally NOTHING has changed in the last 3 dlcs at any given point.
    • Like x 2
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ive been vouching for the stat clamp because when T5 released, power creep kicked in. During Origin Crisis, within weeks of release Tier 2 and 3 became trivial. I was there, Gates and Prime turned farm status. Black Adam was dead before he even got Zatanna power (which typically would 1 shot players) This was a problem a LONG time ago. They have finally corrected that mistake

Some of us a long time ago, saw their was going to be problems if DCUO didn't consider a stat clamp.
    • Like x 3
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Clamping does help newer players gain skill. If I’ve only ever ran something unclamped and never knew the boss had a skull attack 20 seconds into the fight that needed to be blocked, how will I learn how to handle it if I never see it?

True “skill” in the game comes from (possibly more, not meant to be an all inclusive list…):

1) your stats
    2) knowing the cadence of events on the screen and the optimal timing of your abilities
    3) your teammates

#2 now has a little more value in the entire equation.

If you’ve ever popped a Neo-Venom right before Terra goes into a rock phase…you get it.
    • Like x 1