"SP doesn't matter"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's been a couple of these threads popping up, and no one was willing to show proof of it, so I decided to go ahead and test it for myself.

Testing parameters: First test was with only 2 sp specced, one in movement, and one in superpowered (my weapon is default so I didn't need to put one there).

Second test was with all 351 sp specced, same loadout and rotation for both tests.

Test number 1 stats:
    [IMG]

Test number 2 stats:
    [IMG]

Now on to the parses, these are quick 10 second parses and 7 of each, figured was a decent sample size to notice a difference.

Test number 1 parses:
    [IMG]

Test number 2 parses:
    [IMG]

As you can see by the pics, the highest parse for test one is 17271, the highest parse for test 2 is 25546. If I were to average these out, test 1 would be 13389, and test 2 would be 21686, or a 61% increase in damage.

Now a few things to take note of, this does not test the difference between a full capped might/power bubble and none in it. When I did test 2, I had 351 SP specced, with the excess thrown into health, which helps give the tetrahedron a buff, which in turn increases your might, so the second test may be a little higher than it would have if I had just put 215 into might and called it a day.

Another thing, do not take the 61% as an absolute. Results will very, my sample size was only 7. Had I done more, or went with longer parses, like full minute parses, the difference may be smaller. Only reason I kept it short is cause I had a troll with me giving power, and I'm sure he had better things to do than to sit there and feed me power for 15+ minutes.

Overall conclusion is, SP DOES indeed make a very noticeable difference, and they do matter. The point in which they stop mattering, well, that's yet to be tested, but for now, keep grinding those SP, you'll want them. Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 21
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Thank you for doing the testing, although i cant see the pictures, it just says IMG
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you're using Imugr, it's broken. I can't see your pictures.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

>_>

*Sigh* I'll use Facebook then...
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can you see it now?
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Thanks for the empirical data, though. There are logical people that already knew sp makes a difference, just like gen mods, mods (augs) and everything else that factors into stats, even stat sodas.

So this will be good for the naysayers.

I think most people know SP are important, but it's such a daunting task they tell themselves they're fine without them. And they are fine without them, as what really matters is teamwork, power, and gear, and communication.

But there are always going to stratifications in what people want to achieve in a game. I've seen min/maxers called "tryhards", which implies trying to make or show any effort as a bad thing.

It reminds me of the cool dumb lazy kids making fun of people for getting good grades lol
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yes I can.
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I can
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Is that why my signature keep disappearing now and then? Lol
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Not disagreeing with you they do matter.
    After acertain amount its always been diminishing returns. Although artifacts are now making it more effective than before

Ive done these tests before and posted much you like did. What you should do is the difference between
    2 , 50 150, 200 and you'll see exactly what I mean when.

I will correct you on your math though its a 38% boost. Not 61
    13389 ÷ 21686 = .617
    You need to subtract after that number from 100 and move the decimal.
    • Like x 4
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes. Thank you for taking the time to post this.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes, .617 is the difference between 13389 and 21686, which the difference between the two is 61% of 13389, which is why I said it's a 61% increase, using 13389 as the base

I highly doubt the difference between no crits and no might is only 38% lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Your math is wrong Fatal. You have to move the decimal and subtract from 100
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

sp really doesn't matter, except how it determines the "Strength" of your abilities especially role ones. certainly it means a player with less than 100 sp will perform under a player of the same role with 100 to 200 or more, but at the same time the 100-200 player might actually have less actual skill than the less than 100 sp player and die within 5 seconds whereas the less than 100 sp player may actually have the experience needed to have developed better actual skills and will last out the mob/boss fight. it's not what you're running with it's HOW you're running it. you can have all the sp in the game but if you're the tank that constantly gets whacked off by the bosses first full one hit kill, you aren't staying, you're getting kicked. not discouraging getting sp, just saying it's equally important to learn and practice, as the saying goes "practice makes perfect.".
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea, obviously. If 2 people learn how to drive, then become equal skill wise, yet one has a Toyota Camry and the other has a HellCat.... Eventually the Hellcat driver is gonna come out on top.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    ^ that's what I was going for.

13389 is part of the whole, 21686 is the whole, 8297 is the difference.

8297 is 61.9% of 13389, and it's 38.1% of 21686. I'm using 13389 as the base value, since that's the number with no SP associated with it. Putting 351 SP in, gave me a 8297 increase in dps from 13389, which means it increased in potential by 61.9% from the base value. You don't not have to move the decimal or subtract from 100 in this case, because I'm not using 21686 as the base value.

I know I'm fairly behind in math, but I don't think it's THAT bad lol
    • Like x 1
  17. tinoman Dedicated Player

If it was over 50% increase wouldn't it need to be atleast double your base value?
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

His math is correct. Use a calculator. A 100% increase from 13,000 would be another 13,000 = 26,000. A 60% increase from 13,000 is 7.800 or 20,800 total.

A 38% increase from 13,000 is 4940 or 17,940 total.

Calculator, bro. Don't complicate yourself walking uphill both ways.
    • Like x 2
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Double would be 100%, like if the parse was 26778, that would be double the base value, or a 100% increase
    • Like x 1
  20. tinoman Dedicated Player

Oh i see. Yes it would be. times base number x rounded .62 gets you difference between the two numbers. He's right.
    • Like x 1