SP dictating how we play the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spyeedy, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Spyeedy Active Player

Honestly, I don't really like how SP dictates how we should be playing the game. Personally, I feel that SP will turn new/returning players away as you will have to do all those feats just to EARN stats to improve your character's standing. While I agree that Advanced Mechanics and CR Differential needs to be removed (It's a parasite), I don't agree with the fact that SP should matter. Instead, stats should be dictated by our gear with our SP adding onto our stats. SP should be used as a boost, a variable that increases our stats significantly but not so much that you can see a huge difference in the stats.
  2. Frosty Nutz Level 30

then no one would do them but agreed to some degrees.
  3. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

i only have 138sp.. and revamp havnt make me intentionally go farm to get more sp...
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

If you read this original thread on the Stats Revamp, you will discover that SP *do not* dictate how you play the game. *STATS* do. Whilst it has long been a misconception that since SP *can* grant Stats, the conclusion that this revamp is "SP MATTER" rather than "STATS MATTER" is both widespread and a misconception.

I farmed and grinded like there was no tomorrow, based on that misconception.

My Celestial Healer at CR 139 has, with none of her 141 SP spent, but with full DPS gear + Beta Mods :-
    ~12K Health
    ~9K Power
    ~5K Defense
    ~6K Might
    ~2K Restoration
    ~1K Vitalization
    ~3K Precision
    ~3K Toughness
    ~1K Dominance

After spending her 141 SP in Movement unlock, weapon combos (no WM), and Crits + Might, the only differences are:-

Power ~12K
    Might ~7K

1K Might and 3K Power are all you gain, core stats-wise from spending 141 SP. Whereas your gear and mods provide *all* the other stats, plus 6 times as much Might, and 3 times as much Power.

I hope from this example that it's obvious that SP provide *focus* to your Stats, not the base upon which that focus is built :)?

The vast majority of your stats come from your gear, and your mods - as it has always been.

"Misinformation" is a polite term for "bull". If you've been told that SP matter above all else, you've been fed a huge, steaming pile of "misinformation".
    • Like x 7
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Basically this. I posted already in another thread about my initial tests in T3 content with a very simple T3 toon - easy mode is still there, and the gear can still carry yourself far. Did some more testing and yes, the game is still not "hard" in any way. A normal (even badly setup) toon "at relevancy" can beat its content.

The problem with SP is mainly with the community, not the game system. That part is ignored by Great Architect. That bunch of .... shaved monkeys making up our "community" to large parts is the problem with the "dictatorship", not the game system. They will insist on 250, 300, 400 SP to enter endgame, and fully best way modded gear etc. because they want that nanoseconds saved of their "precious" time that the "extra burn" will grant them - weven if it means spending 12 hours to build that perfect group before. It's on the other parts of the "community" to get rid of that pest. Kick them once they speak up about other people's loadouts, skill points, gear, instantly, no matter if top DPS or only healer, and add them to ignore to ensure that problem will never run into you again ingame. They are the minority, it's on you to weed them out. BOOH! :D
    • Like x 4
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

SP contribute much more towards your performance than they did before the revamp, that much is true. But ultimately your gear and ability to play the instance's mechanics are what really determine whether or not you succeed. You're probably not going to top the scoreboard with low sp anymore, but you're still going to be able to finish content if you play well.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Not ignored. Just it wasn't relevant to the OP's post ;).

If you want to have a few beers and ***** about the player base, I'm *fully* up for that - but it won't change a thing unless we can be better ourselves - which means? Not ********. As much :).
  8. MastaMind Dedicated Player

The bad part is that SP doesn't really dictate anything. What I mean is this. I have a friend who is on a 182 character with under 100 SP. Something like 80-90 SP. No mods in the generator or his equipment. I have a 202 CR with 201 SP. Fully modded with the SF mods. We do the same damage. In fact. I was able to switch to troll role and do just as much damage. Ultimately I feel the whole revamp is just DCUO for dummies. I never knew how to troll. Now I can just by spamming powers. Don't even need troll gear. They sold this as "stats matters", and now it seems that they truly don't matter at all.
    • Like x 1
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

One of the ideals of the revamp was to make non-DPS roles closer in damage to DPS. They're not comparable, but I've out-DPSed people 20 and 30 CR above me whilst Tanking, when it became obvious I didn't need to Tank (or nobody cared). If you know your powerset, PIs etc., and play like you're DPSing, you will do that.

But then you're just DPSing with bad gear, and not running your role.
  10. Spyeedy Active Player

Well, my view on SP dictating the game stems from some players saying that the more SP you have, the better you are. Clearly, that is wrong here.
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

I wasn't blaming you for bringing it up - these questions need to be asked.

I'm sure you took the advice you were given in good faith... in this case, however, you were being lead up the garden path :).

To be honest I'd prefer to have at last one more example than my Healer - information should be examined. Does anybody else have another set of stats that can corroborate, please?
  12. YinChakra Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1