Source shard celestial?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Evanhhs, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Is source shard build still a thing? I recall that there was a time where quite a number of people using it. Had always been curious of it but most of the time hearing people using it with sorcery. I want to try it on my celestial toon, but wondering if it HAS to be sorcery, or work all the same as long as i have RSK and grim/quizlet?
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I main Celestial and I use a Source Shard build very successfully. I have RSK up constantly as well as Grim, but I don't use Quislet. My artifacts are Source Shard, Grim and Transformation Card. Source Shard works with all pets that can be summoned (except turret pets. Also it doesn't work on Allies as they are not considered pets), so you don't have to be Sorcery/Earth to use it successfully.
    • Like x 2
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My main is a pet build with sorcery but I switched him to water for a bit and used rsk quiz grim and it was great. Have friends using it on rage, nature, and earth and they all love it. Any powerset can do it. If you want to use just rsk and either grim or quiz, you can use sidekicks and trinket pets on a near perfect rotation to always have 3 pets out if your source is at 200
  4. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Thanks for the reply, the reason i considered quizlet is coz it deals aoe damage at 120(?). Coz usually i level artifacts to 120 first, as I don't usually buy packs to level arts so levelling them could take time. Personally I usually use grim and have never tried quizlet too.
  5. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

I know that spurce shard can have 10% chance reset godwave at 160, is that chance prominent tho, coz most likely i will have it 120 first, and might take certain period of time for me to get it to 160. Given this condition do you think it is still doable? Btw thanks for the advice mate!
    • Like x 3
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I have a much better success rate of refresh with my finisher than I do with my .5 sec spam vengeance. But yes, it happens very often for me. I usually get 3 taps of vengeance and a hit my finisher and it resets. So for me with fury its: hit godwave, feed fury, hit finisher, 3x vengeance, finisher, and its usually reset. If not, I just feed fury.

Since I have to use offering, I lose 3 spots on my tray. And then last spot is my supercharge so I only have finisher and vengeance for st and aoe I use the supercharge generator and soul bolt which is also a .5sec cooldown. You'll only need to give up 2 spots, 1 for gw and 1 for rsk.

Few things to keep in mind with pet builds: your cr will become your primary stat. Higher cr means pets do more damage. Might and prec and health and whatever else don't affect pet damage. So chase that cr and realize that when you're clamped, you're at a bit of a disadvantage to others. It doesn't seem terrible but my lesser toons seem to be about equal to my pet build in clamped content that he usually slaughters in end game. And you'll still want to be high in your other stats but you'll need to find the right balance of might based moves that allow you to concentrate on your pet. It's a bit less since you won't have to feed and worry about timing as much with rsk. But you will want to make sure that you're hitting gw prior to your supercharge so quislet is buffed when doing his big attack.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Forgot to mention buff trolls. Another thing you'll have to find balance with. Originally, I was being dusted when a buff troll ran with us. So I went a bit more to a hybrid pet build with solar amp instead of quislet. Quislet was buffed later and it has done better than SA since. A BoP troll is ideal but rare. Just something to keep in mind if it feels like other players are crushing you in raids but you're rocking them in duos or alerts or when a power troll is in the group
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The main downfall with Source Shard on Celestial is that you only have a chance to trigger the cooldown reset when you cast an ability from your tray, so unfortunately the combos don't count for proccing the reset. That being said - I do see it proc quite frequently, so don't let that put you off using it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Hmmm I always aware of the benefit brought of pet builds base on CR based pets, but totally overseen the impact of the cr clamp on source shard is a thing that i forgot about
  10. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Combos not being counted is another thing that i didn't noticedo_Obut do you think that the stat clamp greatly impacted the pet build as well?
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I wouldn't use the word greatly. I just don't think it's as powerful clamped as any other build whereas I think it can kill in end game if set up properly. But I think awhile from now as sp maxes increase over time that it will become the worst option for clamped. Maybe I'm wrong how this is all going to work but since sp is added on top of the clamp supposedly then eventually our sp cap can be 500 or whatever but our pets would still be as is today
    • Like x 2