Source Marks - I think I missed the memo...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FoolsFire, May 5, 2019.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Does the new vendor only have old gear styles for sale? Or is there going to be something else?

I ask because it says there's nothing for me to buy.

Which means the only thing I could use them for right now is to buy Quarks. And since Quarks are account bound, you could actually have your alts buy the Quarks. Hmmm...
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Source Marks are more relevant to streamlined leveling since they behave like new-episode's currency and pretty much tell new players how to progress faster. The vendor behaves the same way and since you're probably already in the endgame, there's nothing on there to advance your CR even further. You might wanna check titans island, atlantis or chaos gotham for that.

In the long run, for endgame players, source marks behave like marks of victory and you can get some catalyst caches pretty easily now. Plus if you're literally in no need of anything anymore, you might want to invest in the Quark vendor you mentioned since some items are quite expensive and if you want them for alts or missing stuff on your main, go ahead and convert them to quarks with a 4:1 ratio.

And if you literally have no need whatsover, get quarks, buy avatar bombadier gear for new episodes (for fast CR jumps and to get maxed purple gear fast) or sell these items. They sell for 4mil+ a piece everytime a new episdoe hits live.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Universal Tier Vendor
    A new vendor is available in all safehouses. This vendor automatically offers players tier gear appropriate for their Combat Rating, to alleviate some of the confusion experienced when it is time to find the next vendor. The vendor currently lists gear up to Episode 31. Additionally, a new set of Level 25 introductory gear has been added.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Does the currency change depending on the gear or is it the same for all of them up to Episode 31 (Source Marks)?
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Remains the same up to Episode 31.
    • Like x 1
  6. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

Can you explain more about the Avatar Gear CR Jumps? Im coming back after a couplr years and dragged 2 up to CR relevance but if theres an easier way to do my other alts Ids love to know
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's Avatar Bombarier style gear in the quark vendor that attunes to your CR just like the gear in that drops in content. You could also use time capsule gear for the same purpose.
  8. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

Can I buy on my main for his CR level and then trade to alts?
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They need to add a tab for 'lower CR' gear or a button to 'show relevant only' During free episodes I was grabbing up some of the 50 point feats for old styles on the premium accounts and it would have been nice to just sit at this vendor vs touring the WT and several 'warp to' locations to find them all.

Reinheld
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. Gear is character bound. When you no longer need the gear, you can salvage it and trade the exobytes to your alts.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Nope, the Avatar Bombadier Set scales to the CR of the toon that opened it. Right now, the highest Item Level is 232 (if your character has a high enough CR).
    What I ment with my comment is that everytime a new Episode launches, the Avatar Bombadier set get's scaled up and the new max item level of AB is 1 lower than the max item level the purple drops from the new episode can have.
    With the scaling AB gear you can ensure that your purple drops from a new episode are very quickly max item level (since you don't need to farm green and blue items to get higher cr, you just have your avatar bombadier set).

It works sometimes with time capsules, but for example with the latest (shazam!) it din't work. The eternal gear is scaled up to 222 item level, then JLD came out and the bombadier level is 232.
    • Like x 1