Soul Well invalid for play?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Riger, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Riger Well-Known Player

I ran a search for 'soul well' and didn't see anything about this one.
    I just picked up sorc, and I'm enjoying it much more than I expected. I just have one major issue.
    Soul Well. I like the ability. I even like the fact that it now breaks random objects in the room. I use it for that. The problem is that it breaks barrels as well. I don't care much about the toxin, cold, and fire barrels. But it breaks healing barrels, as well. Those barrels are pretty important in some content. It makes soul well unusable in any room that has breakable barrels that may be important at some dangerous point in the fight.
  2. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I use soul well in my DPS loadout for sorcery, no offense but you chose the worst power to play XD. Soul Well still can be used it's just don't use it if you're expecting to need healing barrels
  3. Riger Well-Known Player

I chose the worst power to play? Soul Well or Sorcery?
    I got tired of always being the tank or controller, so I decided to go to the hero side and play a healer class. I hate lightning and nature. I like the idea of celestial. But the combos feel too slow to me. i don't like having to wait for your character to glow before you input the next key press.
    I'm actually enjoying sorcery. I have a fondness for pink, for some reason. And I love red, as well. So visually it's great, too.
    So what's specifically wrong with sorcery?

Still. I doubt that it was meant to destroy healing barrels by accident. That seems like it would absolutely take the ability out of the running completely, which they claim they don't want.
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i remember when one of my sorc guys was millions dps over everyone else in an alert...i remember when Deaths Madonna was sorc and I was the only one left alive in Kahndaq...I solod black adam...funny i waited 3 years for my agent blitzkrieg an e guy to be worth playing...at the cost of seeing my sorc guys lose their place...shame...whats good sorc load anyways..been so long...heard something about sorc attacks being glitched so ive been playing other guys...like my e guy who is finally worth playing...
  5. The_fair_1 Committed Player

A good sorc loadout depends if you want to try and get as close as possible to possibly if you're lucky equaling everyone but only if you hit every move and all your burst has a pretty large chance of getting no damage or hitting everything but being bottom and doing just ok
  6. Riger Well-Known Player

Then you're not looking at the same guides I am. Heck, dcuo blogguide has a sorc dps build that can do 10-20k on the three targets. Keep in mind that 10-14k is the average.
    Unfortunately, all the guides I've seen use the three targets. So I can only compare what the powers do against them, and not a single enemy. But since all of them hit the same three targets, it should be even enough of a test.
  7. The_fair_1 Committed Player

The moves only connect 50-75% of the time unless you're meleeing cause things will get between you and the boss and you lose all the damage. The top powers are pushing out like 13-16k when I use em and sorc pushing 12-15k on average with those moves the difference is even though sorc gets less damage you don't even get the damage sometimes which is why sorc DPS is bottom of the bottom
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You do know that barrels (including Health) regenerate, don't you?
    Zoom never had Soul Well, so no idea how it actually works
  9. Riger Well-Known Player

Okay, that's it. Can you please only comment on the post instead of going on your own little rants? I like sorc. It doesn't matter what you say about how weak it is, because I'm enjoying it so far.
    The point of the post was that the soul well is destroying healing barrels. They don't regenerate in all content. Mostly just solos and duos. I've seen plenty of alerts where the barrels don't regen until after the boss fight ends.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The point is, it's not a bug: barrels are designed to break when they are hit, not just when you want them to break
    Maybe learn a little 'situational awareness' to avoid exploding the barrels you don't want exploded (or maybe it's a bug that mobs and bosses can also cause the health barrels to explode)
  11. The_fair_1 Committed Player

It's no bug soul wells have done that from the beginning
  12. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Fighting the dummies means very little. Comparing dummy damage to real damage makes certain assumptions. The most significant of which is that you can sit there and spam your rotation without regard to anything else. This is relatively true for ranged players, but for melee, it's far from true. Sorcery has another problem...a BIG one. Several of the Sorcery powers are bugged. They hit dummies 100% of the time. Against other targets, they randomly miss...a lot.

A midrange Earth DPS who hits 15k on the dummies will hit 12-14k on real fights. A Sorcery DPS who hits 15k on the dummies will be getting 7-10k on real fights due to the constant misses.
  13. Riger Well-Known Player

I get it, you can't read. i said only comment on the original post, and not sorcery dps. I'm not even playing it right now because the attacks explode on allies, doing no damage to enemies at all.
    So quit it already.
  14. TheDrone Well-Known Player

So, I'm not allowed to respond to your posts after you declare that you're done talking about it? That's makes sense.
  15. Riger Well-Known Player

Didn't bother reading, Drone. When I saw yet another post by you in here, I put you on ignore. No point in reading posts with nothing to do with the original.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Soul well breaking items is nothing new, and probably won't be changed.