Sort out the broker lag!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ColdFuzion, Jan 13, 2018.

1. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

It's beginning to get really annoying to select an item and put it for sale - the lag is insane!

anyone else experiencing this?
    • Like x 7
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I will agree that it's absolutely frustrating at times. But when you take into account a new TC being released recently and players being bumped back into membership for the rest of the month, I'm not terribly surprised.

The new TC traffic alone always slows down the broker. But with folks getting membership and not being limited by the cash cap, they're probably hitting the broker hard while they can to make some in-game cash or just catch up on items they couldn't afford due to the cap.

Doesn't exactly help that some folks decide to duel and/or spam power/weapon use for no particular reason right around the broker areas, which can't be helping the situation. o_O Anyhow, I just try and remember to take a deep breath if I encounter the lag. Even with the increased activity it can be hit-or-miss for me, so even though it gets frustrating I know it won't last.
    • Like x 1
  3. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

You know it’s bad when searching for the speed-metal waist I sorted for price low to high I wanted to buy a few for alts as the going price was 50k, it put 2 belts at the top for 12mil and due to the lag they were purchased before I even knew what was going on. 2 belts for 12mil when I could’ve bought 2 for 100k fml
  4. Kestral Committed Player

Only beginning to annoy you? It's laggy to the point of unusability every Thursday and Friday regardless of new collection releases.
    • Like x 2
  5. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

wouldnt it just be wise to increase server bandwith during these periods?
    • Like x 1
  6. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I get the impression that they don't have the greatest servers. Between the Zone Unavailable issues, the broker issues, and the lag that sometimes occurs with open world stuff, it would seem they cut some corners to save money with their servers. It's not like this game has as high of a population compared to some other MMOs that do not have these issues.

The broker is extremely frustrating to use right now and has been for several days.
  7. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

We're not talking about the game, we're talking about the broker! Sorry, Allen Iverson came to mind when I saw the thread title.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's always horrible for the first couple of weeks after a new Time Capsule; the broker is pretty much unusable for the first few days unless you can stand waiting forty seconds for every single click to register, one.

At.

A.

Time.

It's more than frustrating; it needs to be fixed. They'd probably sell more stabilizers if they fixed it; I know I've given up trying to profit early because the broker is just so broken for the first couple of weeks after a new TC.

(And even at the best of times the broker is highly buggy, constantly reverting to generic labels and broken tables; they've promised to fix it several times, and it never stays fixed.)
  9. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Just want to bump this for the attention of dev team;

Last hour the broker has become a lag fest and its not just for me in the UK. Maybe someone can look into this?
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

You can dramatically cut down those broker lag spikes by using your private base broker amenity.
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I have not found this to be the case. I usually use a lair broker and I'm one of those complaining about the horrible broker lag.
    • Like x 3
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is definitely a thing we are aware of and want to improve.
    • Like x 11
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I hate to say it, but it has to be said: Some of the in-game lag may simply come down to poor performance from either the player's device of choice, or their internet connection.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, no. It happens to everyone since TC were released. So it's an ongoing issue for a year and a half and are aware. Lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

For about a year and a half, or as long as TC have been out.
    • Like x 1
  16. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Amen to that, i am soo sick of the Broker Lag i have bought stuff by mistake due to that mess, and Devs When reading feats it scrolls slowly which is very annoying, why not just show the full feat text in a drop down menu type style, i really hope in 2018 the UI gets a major upgrade.
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

It's not the internet, i have 100mbps and the only thing that Lags for me is the broker, which happens to almost everyone in this game, the UI is outdated and needs improvement,
    • Like x 2
  18. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

One easy way. Instead of a 12-piece collection; just put the item. :) cut down the clutter and broker wouldn't have to churn as much.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Nope
    • Like x 2
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Nah, like others have said it happens mostly when a new TC is released. It happens to me very rarely on EU since we have a much lower population than the US server, but when it does happen it's always in the first couple of days after a new TC has been released and everyone is flocking to the broker. My connection is 70Mb and my gaming laptop is fairly powerful, so it's definitely not an issue on my end.
    • Like x 4