Sorry but DCUO is a dying game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

Back when i first started playing in 2012 the game was so packed that you had to wait in line for a space to free up in the game before you could even log in. Even as a full member you had to wait although the wait times were shorter because you were moved to the front of the line. I can not even begin to explain how populated pvp was back in the day your best bet is go watch old youtube videos from that time and see for yourself.
    The devs introduced weapon mastery to the game and like 80% of the PvP players just left the game in a matter of months. within a very short time the PvP phase on PC was completely dead as dead as it is now. The devs instead of realizing their mistake chose to threaten players to log back on by saying they would loss their character names if they did not. If you have a successful restaurant then change the menu only to realize that after you changed the menu your customers stop coming to your store, that is a sign you need to go back to the old menu and the new one is not working. it is common sense.
    On PC you had a handful of hardcore pvp players still hanging onto the game hoping the devs would fix the problems but then devs started introducing advanced mechanics first with gadgets. Remember advanced mechanics? that failed idea the devs tried out only to completely get rid of it all together? After they introduced AM the few player still in pvp completely left and that was it for pvp phase on PC. PVE phase was dying also but i never spent anytime in pve phase. I just saw pve phase as the phase where noobs go because they are afraid of getting ganked.
    Because the PC population died and I missed open world pvp so much I went out and bought a PS3 for no reason other than to experience an active pvp phase once more. literally bought a whole console for one game and they say pvp does not make dcuo money. pvp was the only reason many players like myself spent money in the game to begin with. now i do not spend a penny. I then watched what was left of a dying PS3 PvP phase die as the only people left in PvP were the CTR crowd.
    They added task force X which made it so heros and vills could run raids and alerts together. in the past heros and vill has separate content and Qs would pop fast now heros and vills have same content and Qs take much longer than they use to. They added this because the pop dropped so much that they had to in order to make Qs pop.
    In order to increase the population the devs decided to combine PS and PC together. a few OGs came back for like a month to see what was going on only to leave again and never come back. They only added crossplatform because of how low the population was if the pop was not dying they would not have introduced it.
    They even combined the vill and hero shout chats because the shout chat was so dead because of the low pop that it was the only way to make it more active again.
    now they are introducing and update where free to play players and premium have access to more content and money. this is clearly done in hopes of increasing the population but the fact is the reason the population dropped in the first place was because of the broken pvp. would it not make sense to fix the pvp if you want the game to survive? instead the devs neglected pvp for basically 8 years as they watched their game die.
    I would not be surprised if the devs delete this thread since I am telling a truth they want to avoid addressing.

The reason I bring this up is for all you new players who deny that the game is dying. You guys are like people on a sinking ship who denies the ship is sinking while everyone else is running to the lifeboats.

• Like x 5
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I think it can survive one more casualty… bye Felicia!
    • Like x 7
  3. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

The game will survive like a patient on life support.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

EG7 had access to all the user engagement and profitability metrics as well as speculative forecasts before deciding to acquire daybreak and all it's IP and licensing, of which DCUO was considered the biggest piece of the pie. They still went through with the purchase and their stock went up 20% after the announcement. Considering they more than tripled their stock over the past year, it seems they know what they're doing as a company.

But sure, your singular anecdotal experience from over the years counts for something too...:rolleyes:
    • Like x 13
  5. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

stock does not tell you what the game population is. i hope you know how to swim. everyone else who was around saw this happen it is not an anecdote. they literally made all these changes and you can not counter a single thing i have said. Which is why you didn't.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I could if I wanted. We can talk about PS4 client server performance allowing for phase expansion making open worlds feel less crowded than on PS3. We can talk about abandoning the colossal financial sinkhole that was PVP (something people gathered in common spaces for) and instead focusing on the much more profitable PVE (something people do with seven, three, two or zero others) and how that affects how populated the game feels. We could go on from there as well.

But yeah, the way stock works is that it tends to go up with forecasted growth of asset and profitability valuations and down with forecasted shrinkage of asset and profitability valuations. The people who are in the business of evaluating asset acquisitions felt that acquiring DCUO amounted to the former, not the latter.
    • Like x 10
  7. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said this game was dying. I'd be a billionaire and could launch myself into space.

Seriously. For ten years people have constantly said the game is dying. Ten years.

If you want to leave, leave. Don't bother trying to convince everyone else to leave with you. It just makes us roll our eyes and makes you look like one of a LONG line of false prophets. If your goal is to get the development to move in a different direction then give intelligent and detailed feedback to the dev team, join the dev team, or buy the company. If you are just trolling, congrats, you caught a few responses. Give yourself a gold star.
    • Like x 18
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The other day I looked at the phase selector in FP Gotham and there was like 12+ open phases and they all had 6-9 people in them. I was like "no wonder people think this game is dead. Do we really need to spread everyone out THAT much?!?"
    • Like x 5
  9. Eve YouTuber

So useful and constructive! |NOT|
    in any case, just because PvP is not getting updates doesn't make it a dead game. Just because YOU don't enjoy something doesn't make it a dead game. Scaring new players away is a horrible tactic and shame on you for doing so. Let people enjoy something even if you don't. Your doom and gloom is your own and you can just move on instead of making this useless threads that brings NOTHING constructive or useful to the community or the game.
    • Like x 13
  10. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

excuse me? at no point have i ever tried to convince anyone they should leave nor did i say i want to leave. if you want to help this game we have to address the problem and FIX IT. how is this trolling? i literally made a perfectly rational argument explaining the state of the game in hopes something will be done about it. you say i am trying to get people to leave when it is people like you who literally tell people like me to stop playing. players like you guys do not help dcuo you are hurting it by denying this. let us try and help dcuo inject new life into the game instead of arguing over the facts.
    like you said if you had a dollar for everyone who said the game was dying you would have a billion dollars right? so if a billion people say the game is dying maybe that is a hint that something is wrong and should be addressed?
  11. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

i never even mentioned any pvp updates. at no point did i say pvp is dying because of updates. I simply made the case for the game dying. please tell me why do you think they added task force X and combined shout chats? try to actually address what i said guys instead of trolling me. if you can not debunk what i said then you have no argument. I never even said i did not enjoy dcuo. if i did not enjoy dcuo why am i still playing? why am i on the forums? I am not scaring any new players i am trying to get people to admit this game needs help so we can help instead of watching the game we all love slowly die. no one wants to see what they love die. not a single one of you has made a constructive comment. you just tell me to leave the game like that will help. it wont. all you guys are doing is straw manning.
  12. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

daybreak has just more than one game. stock will not tell you how big the population on dcuo is. go to pvp phase and tell me how active it is.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

PVP is practically dead. The sooner people move on, the better off everyone will be. Trying to save the fatally fated never works out for Mr. Freeze and it ain't gonna work out for any DCUO players.
    • Like x 5
  14. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

thank you for admitting that pvp is dead. nice to see that you admitted that half the game literally died while arguing that the game is not dying.
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

DCUO had by far the highest valuation amongst the assets involved in the acquisition. EG7 as a publicly traded company has made this data public information. Check it out for yourself.

PVP phase is more active than it should be...since it still exists. It's like a horse with a broken leg...there's only one humane thing left to do.
    • Like x 3
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Of course it is. What player with any semblance of sanity in their mind would say otherwise??? Swing lowwwww, sweet chaaaaaaaaariot...

Half the game went away and were replaced with at least twice as many PVE players.

Cut off the head and two more will take it's place. HAIL HYDRA!!!!
    • Like x 7
  17. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

This is not something to move on about. There not utilizing there full potential

Anyone saying to move on is blinded to see the game truly succeed further

PvP did have players. More population drives more players = more profit overall. Its all about the players

Because of this neglection Were seeing this thread. This is bad rep and that will spread regardless and make the game suffer more because the word on the street is well Dead

The playerbase does seem stable and slightly increasing yes based on charts. I'm guessing that's because of the recent surge of comic book movies is the reason not PvE thats a ridiculous reason population increases happen outside not inside

And it can be even better because of above

I'm not here to call anything dead. I believe this game can succeed more
    • Like x 6
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Totally. Everyone knows PVP players need to be paying customers so they can teleport to all kinds of different places and use the cola, supply drop, orbital and buff trinket from their utility belt in duels!

Oh wait....
    • Like x 2
  19. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

that never happened. how does that make rational sense? half the game went away and were replaced? how did that happened? pve phase was at an all time low until like a few months ago. you say game is not dying but admit over and over that pvp is dead. well done.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Been awhile since one of these posts were made. Was getting scared they had disappeared since it's been almost 3 days since the last one. Still for the life of me can't understand how players are clinging to pvp in this game. It's like keeping the remains of a dead family member on the couch to watch tv with at this point. Creepy.

But again: monetize it. Make it so it's a $10 a month subscription and once it hits a goal, a team is deployed to fix it. Till then, it stays as is. The more players that sub and the longer they sub for means it can be fixed either asap or 10yrs from now.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.