Sore's Nature Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Sore, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

That's so cool...hope I can get them done right :)
  2. Venus Void Dedicated Player

When you say "5-DoT" are you not counting Swarm as a DoT, or is there some loadout that doesn't involve Swarm that nets more damage?

Or is Swarm more defined as a "mobile AoE" and not so much a DoT?
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

I like to simplify things and count Swarm as just another DoT. When I said 5-DoT, I should have said 6-DoT. I misspoke. I meant this rotation...

Human->Wolf (6-DoT Stacking) Melee + Midrange
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/sores-nature-guide.74/#post-215
    • Like x 1
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I've always done the first paragraph. I never knew about the second paragraph though, thanks ^.^
  5. Askarod Active Player

Sore i tested dog's and wolf's and human+WM and for dcn and dce its dog who burst the faster. Do you round out the same?
  6. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Idea: increase Swarm's duration and allow previously stacked poisons to "ride" Swarm from one group of adds to the next. Would dramatically help startup time on a rotation. Increase from 15s to somewhere around 18 or 20s. Just a thought. I took a break and came back to runs where ppl see who can 1-shot adds faster... Not in DC of course, but most everything else.
  7. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

For some reason, I thought Swarm's duration was 15s. Anyway the idea remains. Has this already been suggested? No feedback?
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

The duration is something like that, 15s or 18s. I can't recall. The cooldown is 12s. That lets you resummon it before the cooldown is over to smooth out gaps in rotations.

It's a novel idea. I think it could work. That said, I wouldn't want to dumb down the powerset too much. I'd almost prefer that they just ensure more burst is put out during the stacking phase. Let Savage Growth and Vine Lash have a burst component in the AM on targets that don't already have the DoT if used within a certain timeframe after any other DoT power is cast. I like the idea of Nature being active.
    • Like x 1
  9. DaBeama Well-Known Player

What I do is stack poisons in human form after applying hive mind and swarm. Then transfer to canine form form spreading and the buff with sneak. Transform back to human form to reapply swarm and hive mind. That's just me.
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

What Id like to see before applying midrange to Nature is Briar getting a AoE burst at start and slightly increased damage of Wolf's weapon combos. Maybe slightly decreased cooldown of VoraciousPlants to be in line with Wolf's ranged weapon combo too.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

Briar does additional burst when it triggers the power regen and hits an enemy without Briar's Poison Spore DoT. It was added in GU41.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-41.223460/#post-2864099
    o Nature
     The following improvements were implemented to improve Nature's performance against weak enemies with low health.
     Briar: In addition to its existing effects, Briar now also stuns and causes a small amount of damage instantly in a radius around the target. Enemies not yet afflicted with Poison Spores from Briar take significant damage if Briar triggers the power refund mechanic.
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

My bad, I meant Vine Lash.
    Imo, all DoTs in game need to hit a minimum of 2 targets or in the case of Nature to have some burst component at the start.
  13. Leafy Committed Player

so which page can I find a guide for a loadout and rotation for DPs?
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Page 1 first post. However it would be better to ask what you expect to get out of Nature? Can your client handle shapeshifting? Are you comfortable at midrange/melee? Do you want to use a very specific weapon/combo? Are you wanting to use Weapon Mastery combos? Do you want to be purely Might based or can you settle for a mix of Precision and Might? Do you typically run with a Controller? Etc. Knowing those answers will change my answer dramatically.
  15. Leafy Committed Player

client can somewhat handle it , I don't mind using wm combos , I don't care for might or might/precision , I typically do run with a controller.
  16. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if it was clear in my earlier post, but DoTs "ride" only while swarm is active. So as soon as it leaves, so do the poisons. I don't believe this would necessarily dumb it down; if anything, it strengthens Nature's title as a Dot class.

Maybe (to make it more intricate) if you refresh on a fresh group of adds while Swarm is active, Poison Spores from Swarm's previous engagement are renewed on enemies. Would work wonders in duos, alerts, and raids. If played right, you would effectively eliminate the need to stack poisons more than once or twice per instance (Adds, bosses, etc.) Just my epiphany for reducing Nature's startup time. You'd still have to be on your A-game to keep your dots in check.

Regardless of how they do it, I'd like to be competitive again. Barking my enemy to death is just strange/comical in my mind.

Nemesis List:
    Batman/Joker
    Superman/Lex
    Wonder Woman/Circe
    Me in dog form/Dog Pound

It's late and I should quit thiking so hard :)
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm following you. I assumed it would lead to what I snipped your quote to above. That's exactly what I mean by dumbing Nature down. It'd be that easy. Stack once and never need to cast much more than Harvest, Swarm and maybe buffs for the whole instance.
  18. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Is anyone noticing problems with Harvest spreading poisons if hitting it KOs an enemy ? If I have my DoTs on an enemy and hit Harvest to spread to nearby enemies like normal, but Harvest KOs the main target, it seems like the poisons don't get spread. Is that intended or is is bugged or am I just totally crazy ?
  19. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Ive been noticing an issue where dog form is not keeping all the dots active. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  20. Leafy Committed Player

I have , then i just chalked it to I suck at the DPs and let it be.