Sore's Nature Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Sore, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I clip harvest with carnage and jump cancel roar

Once you get in wolf the rotation is...

Harvest /Carnage
    HR - HR (HR=hold range) Roar jump cancel
    HR - HR Serpent call
    HR - HR Harvest
    HR - HR Swarm
    HR - HR Serpent cal
    HR - HR Harvest/Carnage and repeat
    • Like x 1
  2. Buckwheater New Player

Thanks! I might just stick to this one and not worry about weapons at all-
    just focus all my SP on stat bonus.
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

That was the midrange rotation I mentioned earlier where you stack poison DoTs in Human form and keep those active while maintaining Wolf DoTs as well. I mentioned it doing 28K average where it seems Crappy has tuned that rotation with better interleaving to get up to 30K. Of course, some of that difference may also be the modding limitations on PC Test (no PrecMight VII). Either way, it's a good way to go.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

What you can do on test is if you know around the stats you want mix match the straight prec mods and straight might mods to get your desired stats that's what I do. We need to put a request to in for prec/might mods on test.
  5. Stamen Dedicated Player

I originally had toons on the PvP and PvE servers at launch. When the servers merged, Flicker was way ahead in PvE gear so he became my main, while Stamen (I call him Junior) was demoted to Alt status. Unfortunately, since this was before feat sharing, I had to re-do all my PvP feats on Flicker.

:(

But both toons are Nature because I love the powerset.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. If you noticed, I was confused and thought he asked me. I kinda have that silly feeling when you wave back at someone and realize they were waving at someone else.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stamen Dedicated Player

I saw that and wasn't sure... and I also saw your kind words, much appreciated. I will say that you were the only one at Live willing to hold a spot in line for a guy on a much needed vacation who was having too much fun in the bottom of a whiskey bottle. That kind of generous acceptance is rare in this world and sets you apart my friend. Look forward to seeing you at the next one if Daybreak goes for it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

I updated the guide for GU50. I consolidated play styles, load outs, and rotations and added more videos. I think it's a better presentation of learning Nature DPS.
    • Like x 3
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

I just created a nature alt. Looking at the first page of the guide, there seems to be several ways to go about dps. Can someone help me out with what is a good loadout to get my feet wet with? Definitely want to try switching forms.
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

I recommend starting with the Human->Wolf (6-DoT Stacking)
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

Thank you
  12. Rammy Well-Known Player

A league buddy and I have been messing around trying to see how muliple nature players affect each other since GU 50. Thought I would share some of what we found out.

First briar doesn't get the bonus burst damage if the other player has poison spores on your targets. Neither does roar or serpent's call while carnage is active in wolf form of the other player uses them first.

You can get a full set of poison spore dots from using harvest on the other player's dots. This even works in bug form.

We have been messing around with one of us staying in wolf while the other player stacks dots in human form. While the human dps is stacking dots like normal the wolf player would stack the terror ones, then spam hold ranges until the human uses harvest, then the wolf player would use harvest. Doing this cut out the transformation time and got the wolf player's dots up faster.
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm trying it and am lost. Is there a rotation or is it just keep everything on cool down? How do I know when to refresh dots and when to use my power? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Start with this. There's opportunities to tune the rotation as you'll see in the videos if you watch closely. But this is what you need to know to get started.

Setup: Savage Growth, Vine Lash, Briar, Harvest, Swarm, Wolf
    Main: Lupine Darts/Harvest/Carnage, Serpents Call, Roar/Jump, 2x Lupine Darts, Lupine Darts/Harvest, Lupine Darts/Swarm

Setup->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main
  15. Sore Steadfast Player

A well tuned version of the rotation was described up above...
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/sores-nature-guide.74/page-102#post-3351152
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Man you are quick on the responses. Thanks again.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

So with this build do you worry about speccing for wm since you're pretty much always in wolf form?
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

Getting the trait in the top right hand corner of the weapon tree for the weapon you have equipped, grants +20% crit damage to your weapon damage, which is normally +15% for melee weapons and +5% for ranged weapons without WM, as well as giving a slight boost to crowd control resistance. It does however weaken any combo that is the second to last portion of one of the weapon's WM combo.

So, if you plan on using one of the combos that would be weakened it is best to not unlock WM, but if you are not or are planning on using one of the forms, like Wolf Form, for your weapon attacks it is best to unlock it if you can already get all the crit innates of each weapon tree with your skill points.
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

The Weapon Mastery critical bonus is actually overridden to the normal weapon critical bonus by the Primal Wolf form.
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah I decided to keep it for when I'm doing duos and stay in human form. Thanks again to everyone who's replied to my questions. Have said I would never bother with a dot power but am glad I gave it a go. Most fun I've had with dps in a while.