Sorcery

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ALB, Sep 19, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Can sorcery get a buff plz. It has the worse powers and SCs. We have a 300 power st that does bad damage. Plz look into sorcery
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This is pretty vague.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You should ask Mepps to just merge all your Sorcery and Mental threads.
    • Like x 1
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What OP is referring to is might based single target / range damage with Sorcery. Yes, it is one of the lowest overall but still usable. If you pair this power with the source shard artifact it becomes very strong tho.

If you play sorcery with prec however, its completely fine.

Another little "issue" is, that a buff troll cant buff your fury at all, meaning you lose some damage while playing pet based because pets damage is still based on Cr and not Might/Prec (you have to play with fury if you play Sorcery atm).
    If i'm not mistaken the only way to have the troll support damage pets is by using the BoP commlink artifact since it gives power to damage pets, boosting its damage output. Pretty much nobody uses it tho so its not very common to have this kind of buff in any group anyway.

In conclusion: Might abilities are really not in a great state but the Fury makes up for some of that damage. Having the strongest might abilities of that powerset as projectile abilities that are able to miss enemies doesn't help either with overall damage (meaning actual damage is even lower than sparring target parsers).
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Sorcery wouldnt be even that bad, if they would fix the projectile issue. I can knock down adds but when I use right after a projectile ability, it will be a 50% miss cause the add flies slightly up in the air, making the projectile go crazy all over the place and only a few of them hit.
    • Like x 3
  6. Soundwavez New Player

What is the worst power in the game, because I'm trying to figure out what to do for a new hero
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Sorcery would be ok if we had a good SC
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I trolled for a sorcery dps (using commlink) who was using a source shard build, and he definitely came out on top!
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, a sorcery might dps - using source shard - can come out on top even without commlink "buff" but i guess it helped a bit.
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Arbiter and grand summoning say hi
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

Arbiter is actually quite good for healing... but for DPS many of the animations are changed and lengthened, so I've never really gotten much out of it. Haven't tried any source shard builds-- maybe those could benefit.

Grand Summoning-- in terms of raw damage at least-- isn't great. The damage happens over a really long period of time, can't crit, and can't be buffed by sodas, skill points, artifacts (other than source shard), or augments. With stats and crits taken into account, it only does about 75% of the average 10,000 cost supercharge, and as a rule those supercharges underperform to begin with.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I was just replying to the comment about sorc doesnt have good SC' those are 2, now assuming ALB meant for DPS only I cant comment on that, last time I played sorc was about 3.6 years ago(6 months before revamp)
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Gadgets does not do too much damage, it's not even at the top any more
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

Beserk, entomb, and electric buff is better than GS and can be spammed every 30 secs. Just stop
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Berserk and elec SC you have to actually do rotations quickly and without errors for max damage, entombed you have to push triangle/square multi times vs GS cast and get damage by just tapping range with weapon 1x. The 3 SC you mentioned you have to work for the damage that is earned vs with GS.

But I didn't expect you to see that as you're all about nerfs x thing for whatever agenda you have.
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Lmao what? For the SC to work, you actually have to play the game? Fyi I'm asking for a buff and you're the person who, fyi, just admitted you know nothing about sorcery, and arguing with me, who have a sorcery, earth, and electric toon, all at atleast 310, about how good GS is compared to earth and electric SC. On my earth toon, I have hit 2 million total damage with my 50%. 1.6 mil with SC and 350k with EoG. Within seconds. I don't even think GS does that. Even with BoP troll artifact and shards. Might be capable, but no adds last 30 secs and bosses move around or kill the pets
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm not arguing with you, your set in your way of thinking and set out to achieve whatever goal you have. No rational answer will persuade you otherwise.
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

I wouldn't expect a rational answer from you. Im asking for a buff and you said im asking for a nerf
  19. L T Devoted Player

Fair enough. They're only 50% supercharges though.
    Respectfully, I think you're confusing Entomb with Earthquake. Earthquake requires a combo and takes more of your supercharge each time to tap it up to 100%. But Entomb is a burst and costs 5000 supercharge. And 2 uses of Entomb actually averages EXACTLY the damage of 1 Grand Summoning (which does its damage over about 30 seconds).

Now GS also Heals (which can be damned helpful) and tanks if you're low on health (which is not so helpful given the nature of raid damage), but in terms of raw damage I just don't think it's that good. Though to be fair, I could pretty much say the same for every 100% super except for Dehydrate (which isn't precisely a supercharge).

I think he's still mad about flurry shot.