Sorcery Revamp (New Visuals)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrGankU, May 30, 2013.

1. Deathmike Devoted Player

I really don't like how the Watcher looks at all.
    Hope they bring it line with Fury and Guardian design-wise. (and that they bring fury and guardian in line with the watcher efficiency-wise:p)

Deathmike out.
  2. renzhe New Player

Didn't anybody watch FNL Episode 15?

Just from what little they mentioned and showed regarding the new Celestial powerset (to be introduced in the next DLC), it's hard to not feel like the new powerset should have been what a revamped Sorcery powerset would be.
  3. Emma Frost New Player

I think we should all be able to change the color of our powers if we so choose.

For example, if someone would like to be a Sorcerer, and play like Raven, they would simply be able to change the color of their powers to something more... Dismal. Like dark blue or purple, instead of that dreadful scarlet and indigo color.

This would definitely add more diversity to the game. No one enjoys seeing people with the exact same power that they have. We should be able to feel unique in some sense.
    • Like x 1
  4. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

5. Flash New Player

They're both magic. So I can see the similarity, but I like that we have 2 magic power sets.
    Think of warlock and Mage ^_^
    • Like x 1
  6. Adamwiseguy New Player

I personally can't tell the difference between a warlock or a mage lol

But I can tell the difference between magic based on runes/symbols (Sorcery) and magic given by a "divine" power (Celestial)
    • Like x 1
  7. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

please no more purple. mental has enough purple for 20 games already
  8. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

thats what i thought about Quantum and mental. i ask for more eye-popping dome explosion visuals and mental and quantom got them. i asked for tk bolt to have a "kamehameha" style particle effect, quantum got it lol. out with the old and in with the new i guess
  9. Flash New Player

Then u my friend understand warlocks and mages :)
    Mage's are just magic (spells)
    Warlock's are curses

Sorcery - magic (spells)
    Celestial - curses/cleanses
  10. Tskales Well-Known Player

This thread has shown why the whole tech, meta & magic thing never really took off. The typical and barely interested casual can't differentiate between the various forms of magic.
  11. WitchDoctor New Player

YES, YES, YES...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

YES, I'M SHOUTING! "WHY?", YOU ASK! WELL, IT'S NOT TO SEEM RUDE, IT'S JUST THAT I'M SO FRIGGIN' PSYCHED TO SEE THIS THREAD!...AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, I'M PRAYING THAT THE DEVS WILL TAKE NOTICE, BECAUSE I'M HOPING THAT THIS COMES TO FRUITION! IT NEEDS TO!!!.

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, thanks again to MrGankU for starting this.

To make a long story short, when I first found out about SOEs idea to make a DC MMO a reality, I was like a kid being told he was going to be getting a new puppy. I am a huge DC fan and couldn't wait to create the character that I've had in my head for who knows how long. This character being a witch, would of course be magic and therefore focus on the Sorcery powerset. As soon as the game was up for sale, I immediately preordered and was ready to go. Beta rolled around, I got the invite and BAM, was in game! However, to my surprise not only did all the powersets SUCK, but Sorcery was by far the worst IMHO. I was crushed!

Being the diehard DC fan that I am, I waited for launch and stuck it out, waiting and hoping for the game to get better. It did not. So, eventually, I left for greener pastures.

Now recently after watching an unbelievable DC movie (see sig below) and a spectacular DC Animated Feature Film, I got the itch to come back and check out what has changed in DCUO: I was shocked to see that the answer is pretty much nothing! Granted, there is a ton more content, but that's not what I'm referring to!. I'm talking about changes in regards to the disappointment a lot of us felt during launch. Specifically, I'm referring to underwhelming classes with horrible powersets that have absolutely terrible visuals.

Now I will say this, I can see that improving the visuals on powersets can be done as some of the newer sets look pretty impressive. Unfortunately, the one I most care about, Sorcery, still looks like utter garbage! And, devs if you are listening, this is what drove we away before and will more than likely drive me away again if it's not improved.

To me, DC is the ultimate IP for an MMO just edging out Marvel and Star Wars, yet the problem for me with DCUO is that in a game where you are supposed to be a hero, you simply don't feel heroic at all! The NPC heroes and villains all look great, while the character you create both play and look (power-wise and costume-wise) like second-class turds!

If SOE could remedy this by addressing the lackluster spell and power effects along with giving some powers a little more zing or zest, then I would welcome DCUO back with open arms. Basically if SOE could duplicate the recipe in terms of the feeling and excitement you get while participating in combat and using powers as a hero in Marvel Heroes; if they could bottle that and put it in DCUO, I'd be in Heaven.

DCUO has so much potential to be a great game, unfortunately is has some major shortcomings and the lackluster powersets with their extremely disappointing visuals is numero uno on that list!

Now don't get me started on DCUO's lame UI and atrocious settings options.

p.s. I vote for giving us the option to choose our power colors ala CoX or CO (can't remember which). However, if that is not possible, I'd vote for some hue of green and gold for healing powers and purple for eldritch/damage abilities for heroes...I don't really have an opinion on villains as my Sorc is a hero. :p
  12. Lynx Committed Player

Celestial IS the sorcery revamp, they're just making you pay 1000 station cash to switch to it.
    • Like x 2
  13. BetaSorcery New Player

spells/curses/cleanes....mage/warlock/sorcerer
    they're all synonymous with each other

celestial just sounds like a finished sorcery
  14. Nekron New Player

Yah I think this is they're way of making up for sorcery sucking. I just think they should make sorcery players have the option to respec powers to celestial on the first couple of days for free because it sucks! they won't do that though due to many reason though.. i just like to imagine :D