Sorcery Revamp (New Visuals)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrGankU, May 30, 2013.

1. takaichi New Player

Yes this is a must have visual update, whenever I get a sorcery dps in my group people will run in his / her circle and think that it is my healing circle.
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Never understood why the soul well didn't look like the purple orbs in the Chinese Theater. They look a lot like nips, too, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view. Also, it's hard to describe to someone new "my big circle" versus "my little circles" I also can't tell the difference between a DPS soul well and a healing soul well.

The difference between the two Circle of Destiny are the flames on the corners - green for Circle of Protection, blue for Circle of Destruction. I think one should be as it is now, and the other should look more like the Dr Fate yellow one. Or the Circe all-purple one.
  3. Echephyle New Player

For dps, if the soul wells should add burst damage all over the aoe for each kill, that would be awesome. Instead of the puny critical chance buff, make a wave of damage that scales on your might. Ior should do damage in dps stance. Circle should do extra dmg when bad karma is applied regardless oforder. Right now you need to apply it before, which limits effectiveness of using weapon of destiny to infect.

Circle and soul well should be useable as clips. Ie mortar strike clipped with circle, which is then clipped with soul well.
    • Like x 1
  4. takaichi New Player

this.... I love this idea so much, but I doubt the devs would support soul well in dps role to do burst damage, but if somehow they do I would love them for that :3
  5. Zpirit Dedicated Player

If the visuals for Sorcery get changed it should look like the Arcane weapons pack.
    • Like x 1
  6. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Right! Didn't even think about that. The arcane T4 weapons, or, better Marketplace weapons. Some people hate them (I love them, but...) because they don't look exactly the same as their powers.
    • Like x 1
  7. Amazon Committed Player

Depends on the new healing power in DLC8 if its another magic typer power, this will determine the revamp to some extent.

I for one if nothing else ....would like the colours changes for heroes and villains, heroes to get lighter colours like Dr fate and Zatanna with golds, blues and whites, and villains to get darker tones like purple black and yellow like faust and circe.
    • Like x 1
  8. takaichi New Player

If anything can become a burst heal I think they should make life element have two options like fire meteor as it's probably the closest burst we have. I always wished to used it in raids but with lag it's just not possible
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't know if that is intended or not, but on PC-test the effects of handblasters are red...

Will the new base-colour of sorcery be red or is that another broken visual like the Quantumeffects on rifle....?:confused:
    • Like x 1
  10. takaichi New Player

I thought I was the only one to notice the quantum effect on rifle grenade, hopefully it's just a bug that they'll fix soon..
  11. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

What do u mean? Do u have any pics?

Anyways, they better not make red the new base color for sorc, as it will not match the Spellbound Weapon Styles in the Marketplace. No, wait, it'll work with the red energy weapon styles, and then quantum is the blue energy!
    • Like x 1
  12. takaichi New Player

That blew my mind away xD and sadly no I don't but if you see a sorcery user use rifle grenade the splash is a quantum effect
  13. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

I have a sorc lvl 16 alt somewhere lol. I'll try to go and check that... IF I find a rifle lol. He's MA I think.
  14. Chilog Well-Known Player

I don't know about you but i don't think circles have corners ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. takaichi New Player

Wrath..is soo useless...they should..turn it into a single target burst attack or add another dot if you have red aura. Transmutation I hope they return it the way it was and fix clownbox instead, I miss getting newer players or alts the egg feat in fos 1.
  16. BlueHoodie New Player

This whole revamp sounds a lot like the celestial power coming out for DLC8, so I am not sure if they will actually base it on blessing and cursing because those are the two trees for celestial
  17. BrotherMutant New Player

You do realize I would HAVE to be evil if this were to happen.
  18. BrotherMutant New Player

You gotta figure the PIs for the new set should/may mesh with the PIs from the Sorc set. That would be sweet as I don't think anyone else gets to use Karma.
  19. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Now that is an epic idea!
    • Like x 1
  20. Nekron New Player

They need to fix the power itself (stats,pets,ect.) before they try to fix the visuals. This probably won't be a major thing they are going to worry about right now, especially with them working on celestial. However maybe in the next DLC they will change a little bit of the visuals (and hopefully fix the powers)
    • Like x 1