Sorcery healing is under rated.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by J Zmooth, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Sorcery healing got much better with the update, Offering became the missing burst group heal that it was missing, and eliminating the self damaging part made it all around pretty good. Still power hungry though, and the reuse time is a bit long.

As far as i'm concerned though there's not much variability to a good sorcery healing loadout however.

My loadout is

Watcher, Boon, Offering, Rejuv, COP, Transcendence. For PVE healing I would say 4 of those are MUST HAVE, boon, offering, rejuv, and cop. And since you're running offering, you're best off running watcher too, the eyeball makes up for incidental damage, and is quite a bit better than not using him. The last slot where I've got transcendence I would say you can swap around depending on content for things like Soul Well (in add heavy content) or other abilities.

Pets still need some love though... most of the summoning tree is still fairly lack luster... and the watcher does more damage than the fury still, and the tank pet has no purpose at all.

on the DPS side sorcery is no longer dead last, but it's still not good. In the hands of a great player you can 'keep up' now, but it involves a whole lota button mashing and clipping to come even close to the top DPS still. Vastly better than it was, but could still use improvement. Right now it plays a lot like a game of "OMGWTFBUTTONS!" where even a slight mixup in your button mashing can cost you a LOT of damage numbers relative to your other DPSers.
    • Like x 1
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

Definitely agree, at the end of the day Sorcery still has the least amount of player controlled, target based heals and that will continue to hinder it as a healing class in the more difficult, more variable content.
  3. winter13 New Player

My raid loadout is boon, rejuv, offering, cop, ior, and trans for tier 5 content, and I have no problems healing with that (solo or otherwise). I occasionally swap out ior for shard for fun. Shard works well in boss fights in nexus because you can throw the circle on the boss for the tank, and the shard on the nexus drone. My only "wish" is that they wouldn't have reduced the heals from ior. The way it is now you are forced in cases where you would want to pop ior, to finish that off with a rejuv or offering if you are looking to top people off. If somebody is below 25% health ior only brings them back to about 75% now, when it used to bring them back to full health. I've tried transmutation as well, I'm just not a big fan of using it myself. I'm not totally sold on Boon being an absolutely must have, but cop offering and rejuv definitely are. I'm considering switching out boon for shard in my raid loadout. It's always nice to have another hot going besides cop.
  4. Black Prime New Player

Lol score board really means nothing for healers. I mean if you finish whatever you are running and people are not dead left and right your are doing fine. I mean if people really want their scoreboard numbers to look good they can do just like a dps, use more power. I could throw out a crazy amount of healing numbers wise, just dont carry a shield, you heal all the time. You can also carry the 8man heal and over heL people. Neither of these are of use. Running with no shield is dumb for healers that have.the group shield. I know you would say electric does not have one, but they do, it is more if a net than a shield, the 35% heal on everyone.