Sorcery Fury DPS Build Help...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ADarklore, Jul 6, 2022.

1. L T Devoted Player

It was working well when I tested it.

What were you seeing? I noted the increased single-target damage, and the PI application. Fury still occasionally missed-- though less often than it used to, still annoying.

I felt like mercy/grim/quiz could maybe be a really good precision focused build, but I didn't get the chance to test it in content.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

1, was having trouble with the timing. Switched it to feed then gw and it helped but it was still slow because it was trying to figure out if it wanted to be AoE or st I think. So never really got the hang of the timing. I’ve read some comments that lead me to believe that it was altered (for the 2nd or 3rd time) but I never tried again.

2, power consumption was just too much with dropping grim out. I don’t recall if I tried slotting in cyborg but I don’t love him as a passive for a damage toon anyway since there’s better options to help the actual damage.

3, out in open world against adds was where I saw the “missing” issue and I know I wasn’t the only one. Fury’s big attack never misses. And if you time it right, you can get 2 gw hits from him. My 1st hit is usually in the 180k range and followed by a 200+k hit once all the pi’s have been applied. Can’t do it every time but can do it often enough. But yeah, saw the projectile miss a lot on the robin packs walking around. The projectile is a straight line so if the adds move left or right, miss. If you’re long range and they take a step back, miss. It needed to be a homing missle like from munis rocket launcher. But since the attack was slow, I could never double dip the gw buff.

How well it works on prec, no idea. I don’t do anything with prec. I work with my hands all day, don’t need the added torture haha
    • Like x 1
  3. Ranmaru Developer

While I did as much as I could to adjust the timing there will always be a minor spot of delay while it determines which ability to use, but it should still be usable with source shard but the timing is much tighter than before. I do apologize for the awkward adjustment but its the nature of the MAP attack.
    • Like x 3
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It works for rsk and Crystal so wouldn’t worry about it. It’s just fury/ sorcery thing and sorcery really didn’t need to be involved since the old method works so well. Y’all gave a viable pet build to every single other powerset so it ain’t a failure by any definition. Have friends with it on their rage, electric, and celestial toons and love it. And it probably can be used for sorcery prec well enough. Also, I said it a bunch while it was up for testing, it worked really well without source shard on almost every power I tested it with. The matching speed of gw/ mercy doesn’t matter at all at that point. Worked extremely well for muni and water imo and left an extra loadout spot so it was a mix of player and pet damage vs mainly pet damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. wata New Player

I notice that when I run Mercy for my Fury. The attack protocol for single target is good but when it shoots the projectile for AOE it misses half of the time. The fury AOE projectile should be changed to the normal transmutation one.