Sorcery Fury DPS Build Help...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ADarklore, Jul 6, 2022.

1. ADarklore New Player

Reading through the forums, and with so many changes occurring over the years, I'm a returning player and looking for help creating a strong Sorc Fury build.

With so many various scenarios it gets a bit confusing as to what build to use, when.

First let's start with:
    • Artifacts: Grim, Quislet, and Source Shard. Which should I get to 200 first and which second?
    • Allies: Aquaman for pet passive. Which other two? DPS ally and second Passive ally? Since I do a lot of soloing, any ally that has passives good for healing?!?
    For AOE build:
    • Shard, Godwave, Offering, Soul Bolt (?), Fury, and (?)
    I would think I'd want a SC to use with Quislet, but I've seen some suggest not always having a SC equipped even with Quislet. :confused:

For ST/Boss build:
    • Final Ruin, Godwave, Offering, Vengeance, Fury, Polymorph SC (?)

Here is the build I'm considering for a battle healer build, for soloing open world bounties or duos- healer role with DPS gear.
    • Shard, Godwave, Offering, Soul Bolt, Fury, Transcendence SC (for shield/heals)
    Any and all help would be appreciated.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Artifacts: I would suggest getting them all to 120-160 before taking one (source shard) to 200. Source shard will do more at 200 for you initially, by buffing 3 pets instead of 2.

Allies: cyborg passive if you have trouble with power draining. Calculator bot will give you small passive healing. Batman who laughs gives you random buffs. Any of those 3 would work well for passive.
    For combat ally, House of Legends (HoL bot), is your strongest single target ally. Nubia will offer 2 heals if you need the extra healing help for playing solo.

For aoe, maybe add soul barrage and transmorph.
    For ST, maybe add the super charge generator.

For battle healing, guardian helps BIG time.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You definitely want to rank all your artifacts together aiming for each milestone (80, 120, 160) instead of getting just one of them to 200. For your other passive ally I would pick Cyborg: great power regen and you could also use him as a combat ally for AoE. For your main combat ally I would pick House of Legends Bot for boss fights.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I guess the "usual Sorcery DPS" will appear soon :D

• Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Usual sorcery dps checking in. Just replied to your pm.

I don’t love soul barrage but it is good. Shard can’t miss vs barrage is best up close so it doesn’t fly over their head or hit the ground. On dummies, barrage parses a tiny bit better but in live, I see it miss too often if I’m max ranged.

Forgot to reply about the allies.
    Aquaman for 2nd is a must. I don’t use cyborg on the dps side because my grim is 200 so I have 0 power issues. Power mods in genny. Soul bolt and vengeance coat like 0 power so it’s rare I even get below 80% on my power bar. Till your grim is at 200, yes cyborg. After it’s up, you can swap cyborg to damage for AoE and use bwl or Nubia or whatever new one comes out by then. Nubia is still good for add filled occasions. Terrible for tsw.

AoE isn’t fanatastic with sorc but it’s good enough to stick with most of it isn’t full sweaty tac swapping group. It’s st is amazing and that’s what really matters. The bonus to pet builds is you don’t need super high sp, you won’t mind not having green spams, and buff trolls don’t matter as much. So it’s great for everything you do daily and close enough for when you find yourself in the super sweaty playground.

Edit: if you’re using trans Strat on sorcery, I’d be all for barrage. The more hits the more crits so the more Strat triggers. With a pet build, you’re not as concerned with what you’re doing vs trying to do everything to get your pets to do more damage. Things with fast cd can get that reset but I’ve found powers like final ruin and shard tend to trigger the resets more frequently when gw is at 50% cd. Soup barrage never really got the reset to proc for me on demand like they do.
    • Like x 2
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I don’t want to offend anyone, but in such a setup (Grim, Q , Shard) gradual leveling of artifacts is very bad advice...
    In this setup if you hold shard at level 160 as long as you raise the rest to 160, then the grim will constantly steal the shard buff from your strongest pet (Fury) and this is a big loss of dps. Either in this setup, replace the Grim with another artifact and then level artifacts can by gradual.
    • Like x 3
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Exactly what I pm’d him earlier. I said to not even use other pet artis till source was leveled since fury losing it is such a loss. They really only work great together once source is 200. I’d probably rock source/ trans/ Strat and then feed trans and Strat once source is high enough.
    • Like x 2
  8. ADarklore New Player

There was a reason WHY I PM'd you!! But then started this thread before you had a chance to reply to it. :D

I definitely appreciate all the responses.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He's a returning player starting fresh on a brand new account. He already has a major grind ahead of him to catch up to everyone else and maybe spending an unnecessary amount of resources shouldn't be his major focus right now?
    • Like x 2
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

More info never hurts haha. But like I said after, I get the arti leveling issues so if you do decide to go for the source/ grim/ quislet right from the get go, just try to get really good at being attached at the hip to fury to try to always get the buff on him. 120 them all (source then grim then quis) and leave those 2 alone while concentrating on source. If you’re ok with the slower/ more catalysts consumption method, source till it buffs 2 and trans Strat. Feed Strat into grim once you can buff 2 pets then trans into quis once you can buff 3.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, I get it. Just giving op all the options and reasons for why one would do it different ways. His sp is on the low side so maybe unbuffed pets are still better than might based artis on a toon without maxed might stats. Hard to say. Best advice is to just always have fun so do that lol. You know what you’re building towards anyway so have fun getting there and don’t worry about it too much. 3 pets passive damage with high cr and low sp is still decent.
    • Like x 2
  12. ADarklore New Player

All that and yeah, and I do have some $$ to up those artifacts and allies a bit (apparently the reason why DCUO is Daybreaks most $$ game). SP's are what I plan to start focusing on, working on the solo feats first and gradually moving up. Just wanted to get some ideas/plans on what to build for over time.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Wait till you start working on all the other artis. I’m at 11 at 200 for my sorcery toon and will be at 12 next double. Yay tac swapping. I’ll give you that rotation once you’re ready. Funnnn funnnnn
    • Like x 1
  14. Mister Hando Active Player

Artifacts : Grim, Source Shard and Mercy. Mercy is really good and you don't need Grim and Quizlet together.
    Allies : Aquaman and Calculator for the passive and Cyborg for the DPS Ally.
    For the Loadout : Karmic Suspension / Godwave / Offering / Shard of Life / Fury / Polymorph
    Transcendence instead of Polymorph if you want Battle heal
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It's easy to get the artifacts up to at least 120, then take the source to 200. Primarily source will hit your fury first. No offense taken, just knowing how easy it is to get them leveled to mid range is where I was commenting about. But if not getting much nth, then yes, source first.
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Have you happened to be doing any sparring target testing? I spent a few weeks with mercy on test and couldn’t come anywhere near my source/ grim/quislet setup and power really became an issue without grim. Plus all the powerset moves that apply pi are pretty weak. I do use karmic on my aoe loadout but only as an approach power to apply pi for fury since grim won’t till after the initial attack.

Haven’t been on the dummies in a while since I haven’t made any changes but my st was averaging 109k per 10secs with no active buffs or trinkets or colas. Had lows in the 101 range but highs in the 120s. Going “full sweaty”, I was pulling off a few 200+ks. AoE, that’s where I was thinking mercy might work better, is around 180k average iirc and peaked just under 300k when going in a bit harder.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mister Hando Active Player

I have different character. But, I have good result with my Sorcery pet DPS. Oftenly other Alert/Raid player ask me how I could DPS so much with him.

Yes you are right on this point. I can't spam my power like other power. That's why I use Supercharge in my loadout. And when I can't use my power, I use my shield.
  18. Pinocchio New Player

Several People on forums said that Mercy didnt work properly with Fury pet and it was better to use it With Cystal Or RSK.
    So with Sorcery Fury build i still use the old meta ---> Source , Grim and Quislet.
    Won't touch Mercy till we have 'definitive' and 'viable' results with fury approved by the majority of players.
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

People never ask me. I just get a “reported you for speed hacking” and then they leave. Thankfully I can run most content solo on that toon.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, I was one of those. Haven’t tried in a while as I’ve been concentrating on my tank and troll and consider my sorc main “done”. I have seen one earth player do very well with mercy. But he was also tac swapping and myself and a friend I’d benchmark with weren’t and we got them eventually. Sorc pet build is a weird one. It looks terrible in tswr because the bosses are grouped together. But looks amazing in TSWE because we separate and go one at a time. Tsdr/e wasn’t much different. I’d be blown out of the water by the end of the 1st room, closed some gap by end of 2nd, dead even by end of 3rd and usually top by end of raid.

I’d like to believe mercy helps with AoE but turning fury’s attack into a projectile based one sure didn’t work for me since I kept seeing the attacks miss. Never tried it with a tank/ raid setting. But until someone shows some good parsers, I’ll stick with the normal setup. Plus, power really became an issue and weapons aren’t an option in a pet/ might based build.