Sorcery DPS rotations with new Max DPS mod

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tharkis, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

The new maxdps mod favors some faster moves now rather than harder hitting moves that were a bit slower. I was wondering what other sorc players were playing with for their DPS loadouts now with maxdps.

Previously i was using an AOE heavy loadout which excelled at multiple mobs, but wasnt the greatest vs single target, using 1) Fury 2) Tansmute 3) shard 4)offering 5) Circle of Destruction 6) Weapon of Destiny

I'd clip every offering with WOD so that WOD would get the 50% buff from offering, shard for AOE bad karma, and fury + BK for aoe 3500 hits + transmute when offering / wod were on cooldown and shard dot was still ticking.

Now with Max Dmg mod I'm playing with a much 'faster' loadout which is forgoing fury all together to take advantage of higher frequency WM bonuses. It also gives me a much better option for single target, as I can either hit vengeance if single or transmute if multi-target.

1) Guardian 2) Vengeance 3) Transmute 4) shard 5) COD 6) WOD

typical rotation now is going WM->Shard->WoD WM->V/T WM->CoD->WoD WM->V/T WM->Shard->WoD (repeat) and the timing is perfect for every 2nd combo to be either vengeance (single target) or transmute (multi-target)

Been playing with another option instead of guardian in first slot, supercharge / soul well / etc but sorc supercharges are kinda lame and not usefull, and i like the fire and forget and utility of the guardian.
  2. toast Well-Known Player

your kind of screwing yourself over using vengeance. red soul aura that is grant from the gaurdian is overwritten with gold soul aura, causing you to loose the damage bonus from RSA. for the single target try final ruin.
  3. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

You shouldn't need a new rotation with Max Damage. sorcery isn't one of the powers that has great low modifier powers. Just let the Max damage enhance your already killer rotation.
    • Like x 1
  4. Echephyle New Player

Soul well will do a lot better now with this mod. It's a 35%.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Shards, Circle, Soul well, wod, Tran and either guardian or robot side kick will still be your best loadout. The only thing that changed is now it will be better.
    • Like x 1
  6. Echephyle New Player

Haha that's my loadout!
    • Like x 2
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Best sorc loadout imo!
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

It's the only sorc loadout imo

• Like x 1
  9. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

I really not trying to use any more power in my dps loadout. The normal loadout can burn some power already. Not plan on change anything. Seem most are already using the same load out.

The only thing i change is i went for shield. Perfect timing for WOD.