Sorcery and Nature Update

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fatal Phantom, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Horrorshow New Player

I know the powerset well. I have been playing this game since beta, so don't try to undermine me please. Everyone has a different play style. Your way is not necessarily another person's way. The community felt that something was wrong with transmutation and it had to be fixed. Stop trying to fix something that has already been fixed; move on to something else.

All powersets are meant to have a different play style to them. Sorcery is different from all the rest of the healing powersets. There are a few adjustments, like I said, that need to be done to the healing side of sorcery. Your idea that it needs to be completely overhauled is unrealistic. It doesn't need an overhaul but just improvements to already functioning powers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zpirit Dedicated Player

I too have been playing since beta, that makes no real difference so no reason for you to even mention it. My way? There is no MY way there is only the way that most good sorcery players play, then there is the OTHER way. Transmutation was not the problem, the problem was how much damage that an ICONIC power was doing. It was not fixed it was worked around, and in the process of that work around destroying the desirability of another sorcery power. Yes all power sets ARE suppose to be unique but that is ironic seeing as in another thread you seem to want nature to have pets just like sorcery. Sorcery in a whole may not need to be over hauled but the summoning tree does. There are only a limited amount of viable loadouts that sorcery has to work with.

P.S. You still didn't answer my question, do you play sorcery as your main or even secondary power set?
    • Like x 1
  3. Horrorshow New Player

I was letting you know that I do know how sorcery players feel because I have been playing the game so long. If you did not want me to bring it up, why bother bringing up the question? I hear what people say about the powerset and what I experience from playing with it myself. I form my opinions based on my own experience and other people's experience.

I don't have a main character. I play whatever character I feel like playing at the time, even though that is none of your business. If you even bothered to ask what my opinion of sorcery was, you would have learned that I think they should remove summoning from sorcery and come up with something better that makes DPSing a little bit easier. My opinion is that nature should have plant based pets like Ivy summons in her instance. Again, this is my opinion and not everyone is going to agree with it.

I swear there is a tall, brick wall standing right in front of you. Stop throwing shade at people and give your input. If you don't necessarily agree with something, give your reasoning and ask how that person came up with their idea. Don't try to undermine other people to make your ideas the only plausible one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zpirit Dedicated Player

P.S. You're still assuming things.
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Sorry if I'm way late on this but I haven't been able to find a concrete answer. When is the update for sorcery and nature going to happen? I would really like to see an update in the graphics and such.
  6. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Nobody has that answer yet.
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Ah I see, thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!
  8. Horrorshow New Player

I swear . . . you make Giggles look like a saint.

Dude, I have played all of the powersets since the release of the game. Just because I am not a full-fledged sorcery player doesn't make my opinions any less important than your opinions; now you are being ridiculous. Check yourself before you check me.

I have my own opinions and other people's opinions I take when I post things on here. Most of the people I have talked about sorcery in game with, say they don't like the summoning aspect of sorcery. It has no use other than the watcher and soul well. Some people I have talked to, and others who have clearly stated they want shapeshifting separated from nature, said they want an entirely plant-like power for nature and a separate power for shapeshifting. I gave my ideas for nature in an entirely separate thread and plan to do so with sorcery as well; this is called an opinion Zpirit, something I think you really don't understand. You act like it is your way or the highway. You have yet to give any sort of constructive criticism about another person's idea besides "that won't work. they need to completely revamp the healing and dps side of sorcery. that idea makes no sense."

In my thread I listened to what everyone had to say about it and changed it accordingly. People thought some of the powers were a little absurd and other people did not like the fact I did not have a hive mind like power to it. I added it thanks to community feedback and managed to create something I am proud of. Some people might not agree with it, but the fact I listened to people and incorporated their feedback to it means I care. You need to do that with your threads if you are giving an idea about something. Don't try to dictate and tell people how to think. Adapt to it or don't bother creating threads.

I personally don't think they are going to revamp any powerset. The Devs don't like to do that unless it is warranted. People enjoy shapeshifting inside nature so it is most likely going to stay the way it is. They might get rid of a few sorcery powers and replace it with better functioning ones, but they are not going to do a re haul of it though. We all have a right to voice our opinions though; don't take that away from anyone, Zpirit.
  9. Prithivi Level 30

Honestly I don't look for our update till about August. DLC probably won't be out till June and all there focus is on that at the moment
  10. Horrorshow New Player

It is coming out in late March.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

That makes me wanna cry. WHY DEVS WHY?! Jk I know they are busy. I'll just try to wait.
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Now that makes me wanna cry, but in a good way. XD
  13. Zpirit Dedicated Player

1. Then you don't know sorcery as well as an actual sorcerer. (MOST LIKELY)
    2. If someone has an opinion then they should get on here and post it themselves otherwise how do i know you not just SAYing that to try and get your pointless point across.
    3. By they they could mean, that they don't like the way it is designed and may need to be redone, you have no real way of know what they ALL ment by that statement.
    4. Hypocritical, I have not said anyone's opinion is bad, just that they shouldn't be done IN MY OPINION.
    5. I WONDER WHY.
    6. I am not telling anyone how to think you are still assuming i ( just like you ) am expressing MY opinion.
    7. Yet again hypocritical, seeing as your telling me right now not to voice my opinion where i do not care for some of these ideas. I never said do not express your ideas just that i do not care for them.
  14. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Why don't you have a look at my thread, ALL of the thread where i simply gave my OPINION where i loved some ideas, meh on others and didn't care much for the ones i thought to be a bit crazy.
  15. Prithivi Level 30

Umm in case you didn't know we've past march it's April now, and they have already released the patch nots for the next update and healers aren't in it. I assume though you meant May. Again I wouldn't get your hopes up. Dcuo isn't known for there punctuality
  16. AlTheButcher New Player

16 pages of great productive discussion spanning several months, plus another 10 pages full of ideas in a similar thread, and not a single comment or bit of discussion from the Devs. I don't think we'll see a nature/sorcery update this year, far too much manpower and attention is obviously being put into releasing new powers rather than updating the originals as promised. The beauty of the quantum power set, simply go back in time and change the past, "we never said we'd update the original powers before releasing new ones...."
  17. Lamar New Player

harvest is a geat heal after you use sg and metabolism, sg met and harvest you whole group is back to full health. My current loadout is sg, met, swarm shied, havest, cp, and blossom, running this loadout ive rarely use blossom. If you dont like the long animation fom harvest clip it with cp. Nice guilde
  18. xNohellz Committed Player

im a Nature DPS & I think the only thing that needs to be updated for Nature is the animation time when you cast this power :
    Vine Lash,
    Briar,
    Harvest &
    Swarm

because they are too long to cast (3 Dot's + Harvest) its very long ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. renzhe New Player

On USPC, Sorcery DPS are nearly extinct (PVE and PVP).

As for the Polymorph control aspect, on the Test Server, last I've seen, the dogging is retained in PVE. It is removed however in PVP, and replaced by a grounding effect and preventing players to use abilities.
  20. Neptune New Player

Vine Lash: 11 ticks of poison.
    Savage Growth: 9 ticks of poison.
    Briar: 9 ticks of poisons.
    How about we reduce the tik but produce the same amount of damage. it would be cool.
    EXAMPLE : Vine Lash: 4 ticks of poison.
    Savage Growth: 3 ticks of poison.
    Briar: 3 ticks of poisons.