Sorcery and Mental

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Black Prime OG, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

This... is.. "insane"... that Pro-Bono testers are that critical to improving the game. Daybreak needs to change its process of testing if this is true. "Your" help is supposed to be a perk not a necessity.
    • Like x 1
  2. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

You guys don't want lots of cc effects. They make you pay for that cc with dps under their guidelines. That's part of the problem with the dps of the power sets that have a controller role.
    • Like x 1
  3. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Mental had some crazy rotations with the phantom triangle grenade days. People complain about how power hungry dps are today, that rotation was a nightmare to keep powered.
  4. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Please try these:

Mental - Horrific Visage, Mass Terror, Terror Tendrils, Telekinetic Push, Terrorize (35%), Bolt Barrage (SC)

Scorcery - Karmic Suspension, Shard of Life, Soul Barrage, Soul Bolt, Final Ruin (35%), Grand Summoning (SC)

Rotations is in order from start to finish.
  5. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Mental: apply dazed PI, iconics (black canary that uses dazed plus heat vision for boss freeze breath for adds), and maybe tk bolt. You can put in a 100 spammer if you want to just run 2 iconics, then either bolt barrage or you can put it and pain blast inside invisibility.

That's mental right now: iconics. They are better than mental. Especially the canary power. :(. For me anyway.

It's pretty bad.
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

one of the main sources of frustration is that the stats revamp was supposed to open us up to all the powers we have available to us to allow us to come up with our own loadouts. our loadouts fail in group content, we come here to see whats up and then were told that were not playing the right way or told to utilize powers and loadouts we dont want to use.

as a mental player i hate that i have to rely on the iconic robot sidekick to perform better in instances. my powers are mental. its telekinesis and telepathy and psi bolts and mind control. its not booster gold power. the simple fact that mental players have to rely on this one move is an aesthetic fail.

then theres the invisibility power. despite holding two hevy hitting powers i don't like the form change and the limits going invisible places on a character. sleep and pain have very poor single target range. trying to work invisibility into a loadout is extremely frustrating. you lose out on dps due to the transformation time and more times than not the powers miss because youre out of range.

i think this is where sorcery users are having a problem as well. we're just as restricted to what we can do in an instance as ever. while you can stretch your imagination a little and imagine your toon as having magic weapons (like so many superheroes) but at the end of the day I think sorcery users want to be able to perform "magic". hand waving and mystic bolts.

theres also something up with mental in group instances. out in the open world on area 51 ads i can make the powerset look brilliant. everything burns down quickly. for the most part powers work. once you get into an alert or raid is where you can see the problems. nothing works. it trips up over itself.

i have a few loadouts that are "allright" but overall the powerset is a mess and the lack of any kind of communication on whether anything is going to be done about it is also extremely frustrating. its going to be the deciding factor on if i uninstall the game or not.

so much potential over nine months of work to get us here.

if certain aspects of the power arent going to work just get rid of them. i know a lot of players love terror tendrils but if its going to be an issue find a solution. the tk prison held promise but its duration, dot and aoe are sub par. its a useless power unless you feel like melee dpsing or want ads centered on you (which doesnt work). This would have been a great power to replace Terror tendrils. It could have functioned similar to gravity well or wintry tempest. throw down a tk field at range. stun and damage ads caught in it, deal more damage when using the right powers on them.

thought bubble has always had its issues. i dont get how we cant get it to work "right" when cryokinesis does exactly what thought bubble is supposed to. could we just reskin cryokinesis with a beam effect ending in a bastion type bubble?

overall the power lacks its juice. theres no pop.
    • Like x 4
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

one of the "better" loadouts i've been using starts off with mass lev>cryo>pyro>than either tk bolt or mass h. this frees up two slots if you want to run invisibility, a 35% finisher, a defensive move or whathave you. its a little power hungry in an instance but i've been able to usually keep up with players with about a hundred skill points less than me...
    • Like x 1
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

also as an aside i'm asking mental players to try testing a few things out.

if you have them to spare try speccing 11 or 16 skill points into dominance and see if you notice a difference in how things work in alerts and raids.

if you have a ps4 save video clips. uploading clips to youtube is free. post successes and failures here.

we've always had targeting issues but again...something if very off with how mentals powers work. at time i can fly up to a cluster of three ads and will only hit one or two with the other two completely oblivious to what i'm doing whereas normally they would start attacking me. ads i'm attacking will also suddenly pull away and run off to parts unknown. its like i have an anti aggro field on which in theory would be nice but it results in less dps.
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

How can I consistently get 8-9k Crits with flashpoint on my tank with 12k might but karmic backlash only gives me 6-7k Crits with 16k might?
    • Like x 1
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i dunno. my 160 skill point nature healer has savage growth starting at 4k and hes wearing a mix of healer and dps gear with no mods, no mainframe mods and generator mods:

which is about as hard as anything hits on mental when you have top tier mods , 8 pieces of op gear and 325 skill points.

(barring the robot sidekick/invisibility cheese).
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Are you damaging yourself as well? Every time you hit Savage growth; you got damaged. Maybe I'm wrong; it looks like they hit you. Wasn't sure.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think they were hitting me while i was waiting for sg to cooldown.

even in healer stance savage growth was hitting for 3k.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Your stats are buffed in area 51 and the village areas so if your comparing things out there just make sure you compare other things your testing out there to cause they will be a bit different then what you see at the dummies cause of the increased might.
  14. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Hey I tried for Sorcery Healing...

It's hard to move a brick wall :(
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Try harder! It's your fault sorc is in such bad condition!
    • Like x 2
  16. street0018 New Player

The stats aren't buff a51 only in Village.
    • Like x 2
  17. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Nice one. I laughed out loud.

P.S. I was in my base at my sparring target talking to a leaguemate about how bad mental is. So I said, "Hold on, let me pop a Mass Terror and I'll tell you what it hits for." So I did, and I forget what it did, lets say 7k. Then I said, "OK, now I'm going to pop an iconic just to compare." It was over 20K, lets call it 25k.

Now I know the iconic is channeled, and I know I didn't have my PI set up when I hit my mass terror, but....

Mental hits like a wet noodle.

Edit: Also, each tick of the iconic was pretty much hitting as much as one mass terror. So yeah. Just saying.

Edit2: Also, the power cost of the iconic is only I believe 150/s while my mass terror cost 300. Also just saying.

GG iconics. GG. RIP mental.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

LFG: GLF DPS for USelite pst

Me: Dps here 206 cr 325 sps

LFG: Power?

Me: Mental

LFG: Next.

thank you dcuo for rewarding me for my six and a half years of loyal service by breaking my power. again.
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Exactly. I'm happy iconic powers are useable, but I shouldn't need to use them. My comparison on my 2 toons fire as sorc. Flashpoint and karmic backlash. The powers are identical in cost I believe, cool down, and animation. Flashpoint on my tank 12k might hits for 8k. Karmic backlash on my dps with 17k might hits for 6k. Wtf is that.

20. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

On the bright side, if you troll you can almost tell them, "Yeah, I'll run it if you don't mind paying me..." LOL.