Sorcery and Mental

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Black Prime OG, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Just looking for a ETA when these powers will be addressed. I've moved on from sorcery because of the lack of attention it received thru the revamp. I've seen multiple threads on mental having similar issues.

After playing earth, atomic, and munitions on my alts and changing my main from sorcery to rage. I have to ask this to the devs, was it intentional for these powers not to work as well as some of the others? While some of you will say you just haven't found the correct loadout yet. Well, there are only so many powers. I've moved on because there is clearly no intention of changing these powers. There jis s plenty of data and im sure videos somewhere showing both powers and their issues.

Other powers I'm not liking and have issue with.

Munitions, why is this the only power without a 100 power that can be spammed like most other powers and be viable? The shot gun needs redone. With all the electric and other powers spamming their 100 power, why not munitions?

Rage, while I'm loving it, it also needs addressed. Berserk is probably the best and strongest super charge in the game. Not sure how this was missed, but the damage is insane. Yes, yes I know, risk reward. Lol. Very little risk to the amount of reward.

I have not played all powers get, but still seeing the imbalance from one power to the next.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you've followed every testing feedback thread you'd see pretty much every power had a main spokesperson for it making sure it came out in great condition. EXCEPT for sorc and mental.

If those two powers had someone going to bat as hard for them as I did with celestial, or mighty did with HL, or crappy with nature, they would have came out in great condition as well.
    • Like x 3
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This was very obvious from the testing notes, and I'll reserve any other comments about the powers listed above. This is, was, and will continue to be the reason I am Pro Paid Testers. As players, of course your going to make sure your favorite powers play how they should. The lost of powers is actually sorcery, mental, quantum, and ice. None of these received the attention, or REVAMP, that most other powers did. The only feed back I've received is the issues players are having is just that, player issues. The powers missing were confirmed by a dev to be skill based. It's obvious that if any testing was done, it didn't move past the test dummy. People wonder why they were removed.

Regardless of who tested, these powers should not be left as is. Sorcery is still my favorite power. Seeing it changed in these ways has pushed me away. Good luck to those still trying to make it work.

Also shows how many people the first week powers were out fighting against people with these powers trying to find viable loadouts. Shame on you all. Most of the EASY, oops, I mean powers in great condition could find loadouts in minutes.
    • Like x 4
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Well re posting same things over and over gets boring after a while.
    Ive pointed out multiple times how Sorcery lacks CC effects and high hitting 300 power costs powers and me and all others spoke how Projectiles are bad in general. The only thing we achieved was the return of Shard of Life and the return of Red and Golden Soul auras since these were completely removed at start of the revamp. Heck we didnt even have a generic 100 power cost spammer. Its very hard to finish well when you have such bad start. :(

I agree that we lacked spreadsheets and heavy dummy testing guy to back up our claims with numbers.
    • Like x 4
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I for one am not blaming those who tested in any degree. I saw the threads and I saw these issues being brought up and ignored. This falls solely on the dev team. You guys tested and reported. They never acknowledged or fixed. Then you guys never went back. Not your fault.

• Like x 7
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i can assure you muni is in a very nice place right now..just did phantom with a at cr muni with half league/half pug group i was only dps everyone did their role we walked out owning the place np...i dont even use shot...dont think i ever did even before revamp...not saying shot should be or can be useless..very done with powers not mattering..but i dont use and dont need to..you shouldn't need to either
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your missing the point. The power was nerfed because someone didn't want people going around spamming shot guns. Munitions hasn't changed at all. It plays the same as AMs. A 9nmonth revamp that gave the power ZERO other options.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I had munitions tail me plenty of times, not saying I'm the best player out there but I hold my own fairly well.
  9. ghosts Well-Known Player

The major problem sorcery has is with the soul bolts in group content, apart from that I don't feel I have to struggle or fights taking more time than I'm comfortable with when doing solos at CR and using the same number of skill points as the minimum CR for that content. It may have to do with me using hybrid, I can understand people having problems with the superpowered focus if you're basically denied the use of 3 powers in group content

I support the people that want soul bolts to be able to hit enemies and having the pets die less frequently but if you play to the power's strengths you can still use sorcery effectively in content while we wait for a fix. It may not be the flavor of the month but it's no nature or electric pre revamp either
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I seem to noticed the powers that were weak during ams now became the strongest and vice versa. Almost like it was before wm and ams. Sorcery was never a really strong dps power before ams and wm, same with Ice, mental and a few others. Maybe exception of the time transmute and clownbox work but people cried of the fake numbers and took that fun away.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Nah, sorcery has had its issues, but it has always been able to compete. Way, way, back in the day, it was one of the strongest dps. Just like every power, its had its ups and downs.
    • Like x 1
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

sure...who cared enough about this to do this...anyways...sorc was always competitive...i have to trot one of my sorc guys out to see how bad its gotten...i have heard revamp made sorc harder..
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, me! If you like munitions, then you must have a love for guns. That's what the power is. Why wasn't it ok to have shotguns damage be a great 100 power? Seemed to violent, but nuke got a buff!! Just saying, wish that 100 power could have received some better attention.
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The problem is, numerically on the 3 dummies, sorc is right at the margin of the benchmark. But you need 3 powers on your loadout that can be blocked by allies. If they hit the tank, you get 0 damage. So it can be considered both the best and the worst of the underperformers depending on how many times allies get in your way through the course of the instance.

15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

caliber, dead operative, and war horse are munitions i do have munitions guys yes i never said shotguns were too violent for the power btw i do use nuke on one of my guys it just fits the whole vibe the toon gives off...but ive got sorc toons too and season of the witch was my main for over a year...ive got 32 slots...calling any of them my main is saying something
  16. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I tested and tried sorcery and posted about it and then got removed from the testing thread cause I called the devs out on how they removed the good aspects from sorcery and we got them back half as good as they left
  17. The_fair_1 Committed Player

And even then it's barely at the benchmark
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Mental was neutered as one of the first powers to face Revamp. Everything bad about Revamp 1.0 was put into Mental. Mental may do well as a fun power in Open World; but in Alerts and Raids it is found lacking. Other powers have other Mechanics to help boost damage. Mental is Revamp 1.0.
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yeah sorry I didn't specify it's the bottom margin
    • Like x 1
  20. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I'm shocked that nobody has yet popped up to say, 'Learn 2 play noobs...sorcery is great right now'. I see a lot of that in other threads. My favorite is "you just need to learn when to hit your abilities". Umm...yeah. Because I should just wait for the Tank and melee DPS players to die so my abilities get to the boss. Great plan. Might as well just swap them out to Heat Vision and Clown Box.

It's also comical how many people quote dummies testing like it means something.
    • Like x 1