Sorcery: A Data-Driven Review

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 478874, Aug 30, 2017.

1. mrx Level 30

sorcery ist still weak. The weapon style with full prec is too low, the only good way is melee with bow and smoke bomb. Hybrid style is useless. The best way in my opinion is Might DPS with spamming heat wave. The other skills is insignificant, for me works
    COD, Soul Barrage, Soul Bolt with furry. You can also use Robot.
  2. planetkiller500 Active Player

Does anyone have any thoughts about the recent changes to sorcery?
  3. Vagrant Committed Player

I have a video about it on my channel, essentially Soul Barrage and Storm are much better and have a much better range of effect. Arbiter of Destiny is a little better now as well as Grand Summoning but in terms of damage for both not much better.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Watched your video. Hmm.

Is there a tester that plays on test? Some of us like to see the powers in action, not shooting dummies.
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

I would have went into content with it but unfortunately its so freakin hard to get anyone to do anything on test it sucks.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

From what I've seen, sorcery isn't changing. The powers being buffed only support the vengeance spam way of playing. Karmatic backlash still doesn't have the PI interaction. I don't see that these fixes will do anything for sorcery.

Maybe in the next revamp sorcery will be able to be played as it should, not as we are told and made to play it.
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Kudos for the video. I too would like to see it in content, but it is not a deal breaker for me not having it. I've been doing fine with Sorcery after I got over the "Transition" phase of both switching powers and the revamp itself. Soul Barrage is one move that I have been using since making the switch. Even when it was being blocked. I am curious as to if they have done anything about this issue that causes the barrage to just fly allover the place. I seen someone report it somewhere on these forums.
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Isnt it? I get fed up with the Test Babies who only play there on Test Server. Its hit or miss getting in content. When there is a new DLC is when you see the population that wants to run content on. I just spar to test things and log off. I get tired of shouting in server and no one wants to run stuff.
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

If anyone on here would love to help me test sometime I would truly appreciate it, especially for villain side content.
  10. testserverbat New Player

11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Why? Sorc still needs some work, but it's not that bad at all anymore...
  12. testserverbat New Player

Well you did just say it, there's still some work that needs to be done
  13. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

My current sorcery loadout circle soul storm soul barrage soul bolt guardian pick a supercharge. i hit 1234 , 34 , 24, 234, and so on this is what i use 19 k ten sec pars all might power based on 224 22k might
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Depends one how you like to play sorc. I view it as a busted as power. I know plenty of sorc players would like it to return to how it was. Veng and ball spamming should not be how you play that power. Still very sad the devs decided to do what they wanted with the power, even as far as trying to remove shards with a new power?!?!

Sorc will never be the same until changes are made.
  15. testserverbat New Player

• Tried your loadout (similar stats) and was only able to hit 19k+ with a supercharge
    • Sorcery pets aren't liked by most sorcery users in general
    • Pets now reduce passive regen,meaning, your dps drops due to your power pool running out quicker
    Sorcery is lacking , main reason to why I bump this.
    • Like x 1
  16. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

If u look up my video I show 20 K now without super on 3 man target rock alphazero type in YouTube you will find it I'll post a link later
  17. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

here you go link to video and link
  18. testserverbat New Player

Impressive!:D

seems like the slight jump cancel that sorcery has can be effective, but there's still a problem
    • The pets still reduce power regen to the point where most times, you only go through your loadout once so a non pet loa
    • As I mentioned earlier pets aren't liked by majority of sorcery users
    • This does well against sparring targets but changes when you actually queue up for content, reason is, you have the slowest PI in all of sorcery and without that ( whether it be a ad jumping across the room towards you after you initially put your COD or waiting for the cool down to stop so you can put it against the new set of ads etc.) you lose that 19k to 20k potential
    • The content you queue up for had around Cr 209 and you were Cr 224 massive difference in stats would have obviously been easier for you.Feel free to put this through a relatable combat rating alert or a raid
    My thoughts
    If pets are still being used to help achieve these numbers than the disadvantage for having them out should be erased
  19. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

If have run elite content and letup with this layout as well I'll put up a bid in current content same results
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

that a SORCERY player...would Need an Fing ROBOT!!! J H Christ...what the hell have they done to poor Sorcery!!!??? And not too long ago sorc players did everything from be no1 healer to no1 DPS...now they NEED "Robots"...J H Christ...