Sooo...no invincibility after getting up?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aglorenzini, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

It never actually bothered me. I mean, know when is the right time to get up is parte of being a good player. I get it, I agree with it.
    -----BUT-----
    what if there's a black hole above your head that never goes away?
    Someone with a blue aura and taking damage as hell has to go through it, but then they go through it and even through other 5 more black holes until they can actually get rid of the aura.

LOTS of games have this and it helps a lot! Is it intended to be added to the game?
    I've "fought" Bombshells' last boss dead for around 5 minutes until the whole group wiped. I could get up, but why do it if I was going to die anyway? It's one of those things that make me lose a small part of my interest in the game. It's not hard, it's not extreme, it's simply impossible.
    • Like x 5
  2. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

It's not really impossible if your team works together. If a player dies in a black hole it is imperative that the person who gets the aura close the black hole above them. It can be frustrating waiting for it but its not really impossible. Since the hotfix for them, the black holes do close much faster and easier now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I ran Bombshells last saturday. I got the aura twice, neither of them closed the black hole above a teammate. One took me 5 black holes, the other took me 7 (maybe 6, I actually got desperate to find the nearest black hole after a while).
    • Like x 4
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

There's no excuse. You don't need invincibility. You need teamwork and you need people that know how to move.
    • Like x 2
  5. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

There was a thread speaking about the flexing...i think it wouldn't be far fetched to have that flexing time as a 2 seconds invincibility period, since yeah, dying in a black hole is quite enraging, even more if you were pulled into it. (OR pushed by a lanterns 10 ton construct..i'm looking at you lantern from last saturday -.¬)
    • Like x 5
  6. Pink Revenge Committed Player

the game forces all healers to solo heal and we don't have the luxury of sitting around waiting for a perfect moment the way DPS does. either we get up... or it's a wipe.
    • Like x 2
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Speaking of the debuff that removes the blackhole; I had it once and it did not remove any of the three blackholes I went through..This was on Saturday, what gives, it did it more than once as well. Have others experience this?
    • Like x 5
  8. BlazeChamp Committed Player

No, works for me every time :)
  9. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Did you re the entire post?
    I said I know I need teamwork, but not even the best temwork in the entire game will save me from a black hole that doesn't disappear even with debuffed people going through it.
    • Like x 4
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Change tje game because people did not properly use the mechanics? This is a huge no thank u. If your down u screwed up. Being revived is a bonus or a perk so no dont dumb down the game. This is rewarding u for doi g things wrong. Usps allready is find the hiding spot, advoid all machanics and hope we got enough burn. Far. Cry from the glory days
  11. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, I had no idea the mechanics of the game included going through 4 black holes with a debuff aura without closing any of them.
    Next time I'll remember that, thank you.
    • Like x 5
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

Dude If it does not close its a ............. glitch. Change the entire game over a glitch? Lol come on. Unless ur suggesting the closing of portals is working as intended.
  13. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I've always thought about this invincibility thing, I've always liked this idea, I just thought about creating a thread about it after wiping because of the black holes glitch. I never thought about giving a long invincibility time, just enough to roll, you can still get 1 shot after that, but you wouldn't be killed by something in the environment.

Edit: I'm not asking about it BECAUSE of the black holes, I'm shouting and idea using the black holes as example.
    • Like x 4
  14. WildcatHunter Committed Player

It's extremely hard to die in a black hole there is a new mechanic its called paying attention and moving away from something that's going to kill you. If you go down in a black hole its your fault try to pay more attention next time. If they just popped out of nowhere then it would be different but you have amply time to stop dps and move before the black holes kill you. Sometimes you get sucked in but again that has a range it won't pull someone from across the room in. Dying is a consequence of not paying attention especially in this instance.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

You're lucky, then. We usually find at least one per run that doesn't close for someone with an aura. Usually takes the next person to get it.
    • Like x 2
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

Fair. I still disagree as we are in yr 5 with easy content and we have gotten by. Still a fair request and glad this convo did npt erode into bickering. I know the roll glitch needs addressed. It
    • Like x 2
  17. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

In theory yes. But they still bug out often.
    When I run the raid, it's easily 2-5 times a raid, that closing the holes with the Aura does not working, keeping the hole open and the Aura up.
    See my comment above.
    • Like x 2
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Do black holes still appear without having a FX for it ? I still think they need to add more debuffs overall though.
  19. Crn Well-Known Player

1. Flexing after you get up needs to go away. It's unnecessary.
    2. I've ran bombshell couple days ago and I've ran through multiple black holes and they didn't close.
    3. Issue with people being invisible needs to be fixed.
    • Like x 4
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

I am sorry, but THE GAME doesn't really force you into anything! If anything, THE COMMUNITY forces these 5-1-1-1 setups on theirselves as a new standard, which is part of the reason why so many groups struggle, because they refuse to include back-up support in their groups in favor of megaburn that they assume will help them avoid the mechanics completely and finish in 2 minutes. Obviously, the result that many wish for hits the fan just because of their group-setup with unbalanced groups of players.

Not every group out there will benefit from a 5-1-1-1 group unless they all know what they're doing, so if you want this "luxury" that you're speaking of, then make sure to include a second healer/tank/troll, whatever you need. It's THAT easy, actually.
    • Like x 3