Something New To Do With Titles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

With as many players as we have who want to play as a variant of Superman or Batman or Wonder Woman, how about allowing some differentiation through the use of Titles?

... of Earth 37
    ... of the 64th Century
    ... of the Old West
    ... of the Silver Age

and so on...

Might even help some Iconic Leagues separate themselves from others.

You could do a lot of variants with just those kinds of signifiers - with at least 52 versions of the Earth. ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not a bad idea and it would allow them to do away with some of the XXXoooBatmanoooXXX stuff they do now... I am wondering how much effort it would require to recode though... The titles we currently have access to are only available by completing the feat the title is attached to so any player creating a new character would not have access to ANY titles before completing the process to create and arriving in a Safe house. Now at that point IF they already have other alts in game they could use replays to buy any and all feats including ones that would offer up titles.

They would need to revamp and make titles available during the character creator for it to be totally effective. Not sure how that would go over with the Player base. To ME? Its a title. Yeah it looks cool and I enjoy finding a good one that works well with my character's style and powers but it does nothing to make me stronger or more deadly. I have the same feeling about auras but I know there are a lot of players out there that will do anything and spend a good deal of cash to get that special aura they want.. my guess is there are a number of them out there with the same feelings about the title over their head. My guess is you wil get some resistance from the players.

Good idea though Hey just using the .... Of Earth 01 through Earth 52 You could have 52 players all named Batman with no extra junk Xs and Os before or after. Well how about 51? We should probably leave ... Of Earth 01 alone since that technically would be the Batman we can be assigned as a Mentor at level 1.
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Uhhhh if you can get this title “xyz/ whatever iconic title” that’d be great :p
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The “of Earth ...” would be good for some rewards in the Anniversary event. The Crisis of the Anti-Monitor left refugees from dead universes scattered over the remaining worlds.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the key to that would be what DC would allow, though. Plus I think it could be a bit risky in creating some unintended drama in the player base.

If DC put a limit on how many "...of Earth (insert designation)" there could be by defining how many Earths there are, you could easily end up with a situation where some player ends up getting the short end of the stick through no fault of their own. Someone not getting the title they wanted would be one thing, but if it resulted in a player not getting any title even though they followed all the necessary steps things could get ugly.