Something Isn't Right....

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Fawkes2574, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

This is one of my alts, who is only level 15 right now. I'm flying/hovering around, knocking down a couple of feats when I pass over Ellsworth Hospital in Metro. Now I repeat, I am only level 15. The last mission I completed was the Bane mission (he's Batman mentored), then I did the watch tower walk through and got the base. So I still have the HIVE, Raven, Beastiamorphs, Dr Psycho, Amusement Mile, & the halfway mission before I get to this one. So needless to say that is a long way off.

Now I've been playing this game long enough that portals to mission stages do not appear until you are on that mission, and you've completed the previous stage in your journal. I'm not even on this Brother Blood greed mission that finishes inside Ellsworth. Also, it is to be noted, that I am not in a group with ANYONE!

So why is this appearing to me? Why is it that I can see this? I'm not going to try it. But I must assume its just another random glitch.
  2. Kestral Committed Player

It's an outdoor portal that is open to everyone. You don't need a mission to get in. I have never assumed these would be hidden if you were too low level to enter your death would be instruction enough.
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

No I'm pretty sure its usually closed. I can very clearly remember a couple of times of when I approached this spot while on the mission, and it not appearing until I cleared the complete button from the mission stage below.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's... been this way for a couple years, maybe it just auto-opens based on level :shrug:
    • Like x 1
  5. Disruptor Well-Known Player

That is a leftover from when all content had walk-in portals. You might see it, but you can't enter it until your CR is high enough. It's like the walk-ins for Kandaq , Fortress of Solitude, and so on. There are portals for Stryker's Island, Ace Chemicals, and Arkham Asylum also like that as well
    • Like x 1