Something I think people would like

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix, Oct 8, 2016.

1. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Was thinking maybe one weekend the devs could lower the prices of the rare style vendor so that way people who wanted certain styles, but cant seem to get them to drop and don't feel like spending 70 marks for them could get the feat completed since skill points are apparently going to matter soon. Plus it'd be something nice to have to distract us from the massive drought in dc
    • Like x 2
  2. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I hate the current prices in that vendor; I approve.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And yet it could be argued the "massive drought" gives a player the perfect opportunity to earn the Marks they need for Rare Style vendor pieces. ;)

Those styles aren't meant to be easily nabbed, hence the name Rare Style. You either put in the time and effort in the instance to get it or you put in the time and effort to earn the Marks you need for the vendor. Reducing the prices, even for a weekend, kind of defeats the purpose of them being rare/hard to get.
    • Like x 1
  4. krytine Loyal Player

OK wait a minute here. I understand that people want feats I get it but it is not necessary to have every feat in the game and sounds as if you want to just give away feats no I do not want that it is a rare vendor keep it that way
    • Like x 1
  5. SheerFaith Committed Player

Dont you think this would be unfair to those ppl which paid the full price already?
    • Like x 1
  6. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I'll say this. Does it matter. Most people have the styles, some people don't. Why would it create a fuss when its not like its giving them the style for free. Effort still has to be made to get the style so I'm curious as to why it would bother someone who blew hundreds of replays to complete the style
  7. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I
    I'll say it again, work still has to be put in. Yes the work is reduced but the work is still there.
  8. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

If you paid 70.... Then you just paid 70. Could style a alt up
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

not a bad idea. kind of like special base item weekends or double marks for pvp.

i don't think it should get out of control. nice way to help newer players along to get a few more skill points and a better way to help out frustrated vets looking for aa few specific styles while working on new gear.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

That is a bad question.

If we were to follow this logic, no prices in the planet could ever drop, or it'd be "unfair to whoever paid that price", the same goes if the prices were to raise, since it would be "unfair to whoever faild to buy them at time because the prices are higher". The fees of a product or a service are not, and must not be, tied to the feelings of whoever consumed such service/product in the past. They should simply get over it.
    • Like x 1
  11. krytine Loyal Player

But this style purchase is the work around on the RNG and if you want the price reduced then that means less work for people
    • Like x 1
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

13. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

People wanting to earn them just have to stay in T6 on purpose to farm the most marks possible and then move on, that's how I got mine.
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I'd like this. But I'm sure the forum killjoys would be outraged. :p
    • Like x 1
  15. SheerFaith Committed Player

Thats exactly what I meant before when i asked if this wouldnt be unfair to others..
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From my own experience, if a player is focusing on getting the Rare Styles the effort required isn't that taxing to begin with.

I've been working on the various sets from the Rare Style vendor on my characters, and mainly by using solo content with a few duos mixed in. The process is this:
    • Choose a style for a character
    • Get a piece for that character.
    • Move on to the next piece on a new character.
    I find the little sweet spots where I can make a good amount of Marks per day and stay there for as long as I can. Plus I have enough characters that by the time I rotate back to a particular character they've built up a good amount of Marks from Vault runs, so the character is only looking at 3-4 days until they can get their next piece. Convoluted and time consuming? Absolutely. But I'm in no rush to burn through content, and I went into the process knowing it was going to be time consuming. It was pretty much spelled out by the devs from the beginning that getting pieces from the vendor would be the long way of doing it.

That's just by using solo content with a few duos mixed in on occasion. A player that's utilizing ALL the available content at their tier/CR range will be able to earn Marks much faster than I would and get the Rare Style vendor pieces quicker. Plus if they have run/are running the content that I skipped there's a very good chance they'll probably have fewer pieces to get to begin with.

Granted, I tend to play differently to begin with overall, so that may factor into how I see things. But if I'm sticking to content that gives me the smallest Mark returns and don't have a problem with the prices on the pieces from the Rare Style vendor, it's very tough for me to see how a player who utilizes ALL of the content available would have any real problems or difficulties getting the pieces they want/need from that vendor. Especially now when they can (if they so desire) concentrate all their Mark efforts toward that vendor.
  17. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

What WilderMidnight said is what I was thinking about. The RNG in this game has been proven to work better for others, and yet be spiteful towards many. The prices on the rare vendor does not have to get dropped drastically, but maybe reduced to 20 for a short time. YES I understand........ people worked hard to get those styles (And props to you who spent time trying and trying to get the styles you needed) but when did this game become my/your job. Be honest, its sometimes hard to get certain pieces of gear you want to drop(just look at the multiple threads complaining about the loot drops). I don't use replays to re run content, yet when I wait for the raid reset to hopefully get the legs style of herald of the black, I get all greens 1 try, 1 purple drop and two greens, and if RNG blesses me on this fine day I'll get 2 purple drops but none of them ever being legs. I'm not asking for free gear, free dlc, free powers, I just want the prices to be reduced so me and other people that suffer from the curse of this game not giving you the style you desperately want can have fun and get the 1, 2, or the whole set of whatever style they needed. PLUS its not permanent, PLUS it still requires you spending marks. If you can honestly be upset about a price reduction on rare styles for one weekend then I give up even trying to find a sensible person on the forums. Good Day To You People
    [IMG]
    why did I put that here............. Well some of you need a laugh or two in ya life
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

More requests to make things easier :confused: So many things got made easier in dcuo and look at where we are now. Basically throwing out the last 2 years. U have months b4 the next dlc and stats matter goes live. U can earn marks everywhere now too. But sure lower the price :rolleyes:
  19. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

It would start with marks in those vendor, then the number of exobytes to farm would be reduced, then the bottled duos would be reduced, then the cc bounties would be reduced, then the paradox reapers will be reduced, then the australia pvp map feats would be reduced and so on.
    • Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

or earn them at their current prices b/c you know their rare style fitting for those prices.