Some scaling adjustments need to be done :)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, May 20, 2022.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]

To kick things off, a meme of my finest selection.

So, i want to adress this topic wich was already adressed many times before with different content releases.

More tanks = more difficulty.

The scaling of Swe regular elite is good. Its recently released Elite+ version... not so much.

I wasnt expecting a cakewalk but basically needing 4 tanks to finish a certain boss fight seems excessive.
    Besides the fact that pretty much all tanks have to play like SM Round 30. Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge or stay out of range forever... Not fun.
    I cant survive a hammerthrow while not blocking wich severe punishment active while unshielded. Im a maxed out Tank with the exception of my CR. Thats 373. The missing CR wont make me survive that hit regardless.

What if we could get insane dots, so 2 or even 3 heals would be required. Or multiple healing totems wich need to be debuffed by seperate controllers?
    Just switch up the formula of difficulty scaling in upcoming content.
    Please.
    • Like x 10
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dang, we only had 3 tanks on so that was all we could do. Then I read the head augs weren’t active so we bailed and ran normal elite. My god it was so easy to go back to lol. Almost a no death run with randoms.
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I worked out a strat wich could work with 3 tanks but that requires flawless execution and is also dependant on boss attack-combo rng.
    Overall, it seems not worth trying it with 3 tanks.

We had multiple tries with 4 tanks and even then, just eating a random hammerthrow once is basically a wipe. WIth two bosses being able to do that its pretty nasty.

We also didnt have a water healer, wich seems to be a requirement and at best clarion shields on top.

Maybe all tanks have to get the death metal batman passive for 40% damage mitigation for 6 hits after a dodge.

All in all, its just too many specific factors that make this possible or even slightly enjoyable. I like hard content but difficulty like that should stay in SM.

Edit:
    "All in all, its just too many specific factors that make this possible or even slightly enjoyable. I like hard content but difficulty like that should stay in SM."

This was only meant for the tank aspect if that wasnt clear.
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Check your augments work. That might be related to the issue.

I have nothing else to comment regarding elite+ at this time.
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any augment or just the adaptive ones?

Also, just the breakthrough ranks or even base stats?
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Hahahaha you get what you get. If you want something different, then go look in the newspaper and apply and then create said content.
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Man i think they need to buff reg as well
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, of course its never going to be the way a certain players wants it to be, but since this has been voiced many times before it shouldnt happen again. :)
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Dodge dodge dodge is the WORST type of tank gameplay in this game. Getting a counter right is one of the most satisfying things, higher rounds of SM and this elite+ thing (apparently, I haven't personally tried it yet) are stupid on how you perfectly perform a counter and still die.

Make counters matter!
    • Like x 4
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

Block block block -> knock up -> Block block block -> AoE -> Rinse and repeat.
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

Remove death counter first :cool:
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

I'll just play the super hardest content in the game when i out level it. *remembers the clamp*oh wait...
    • Like x 1
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

ANYTHING that would require TWO CONTROLLERS is welcome in my opinion. XD
    • Like x 1
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I couldnt find any augment related issues so far. They work in the elite duo and open world. I couldnt find a bug post related to an issue like that too.
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The Devs explained it to me... (Skip to 00:11)

• Like x 1
  16. August Moon Well-Known Player

Jakkec hits so god damn hard in elite plus that you have to roll the hammer throw to trigger invincibility frames like its god damn dark souls. i didnt even know we could do that.