Fixed Some Alternate Legends Skins Don't Count for LPVE Feat Progress

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AV, Jan 7, 2020.

1. AV Loyal Player

As per title, some Legends alternate character skins (eg. Bombshell Catwoman) don't trigger certain LPVE feat progress. I'm not one to check my feat count after every run so I only eventually noticed this was an issue after doing a team-up several months ago and it not being counted when using an alternate character skin.

Further, for the skins for which this is an issue, the Master progress still counts but all character specific counts are broken. For example, when I hit 1000 runs, I was at 500 male/hero but was still only at ~480 female/villain, which is obviously impossible, because I'd done ~20 runs on broken alternate skins and the male/female/villain/hero aspect wasn't programmed properly. I took a video after I'd hit 1000 to prove this if you really require it but this should be easy to detect given that it seems like a clear cut list/association oversight.

It goes without saying but this is a pretty gd big deal and I guarantee this has flushed a lot of manhours down the drain for ppl thinking they were getting LPVE feat progress while using certain alternate skins.

While you're at it, please I love DCUO so turn the ******* LPVE family (ie Steel, Knight, Light, etc) feats way tf down or increase the feat points earned for the grind dramatically... 5250 runs is egregiously asinine to the tune of "to do it, a perfect group would have to play 13+ hours per day, for 100 days, on ONLY the fastest maps, AFTER already getting to 1500 runs to clear the male/female/hero/villain feats" (that's including load times and similar system delays, as well as runs where bugs add several minutes to the run time beyond player control, eg Circe/WW dropped behind wall or Trigon getting stuck on repeat and forcing a slow lava-induced wipe, and is a realistic approximation with human factors taken into consideration). It is the single most massive and longest (in terms of individual manhour commitment/requirement) grind of any MMO I've ever seen, everyone who has those feats fully cleared looks like a bloody speedhacker, and really you should be embarrassed/ashamed it's still a feature of the game after all this time when it's a known issue you said ages ago you'd fix. Extremely frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

For some reason She’s not counting towards the checklist Villain feats
  3. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Still waiting on this easy fix
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

That's an old one too.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe this got resolved with the hotfix for this bonus weekend, but please let us know if we missed anyone.
    • Like x 1
  6. AV Loyal Player

Thanks, I'll update the guide to reflect that when I get a chance.
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Ran Hall of Doom Armory, using Classic Batman. He did not tick the checklist. Ran again as Modern Batman, box ticked.
  8. AV Loyal Player

Some people were saying team-ups were sometimes not counting there on any char for a bit so wondering if that's a server issue.
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Oh could be, this was about 3pm pacific yesterday.
  10. AV Loyal Player

You could be right I just feel like I remember using classic batman without any problems before. Not 100% on that though. I think only the bombshells were busted.
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Just ran Trigon's Prison as Future Harley Quinn. She did not count for Women. However she did count for both Villain and Knight.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We tried to repro the issue with harley and classic batman, but did not find any issue (got the credit as expected). Can you let us know if you see this multiple times, or if it was just the once?
    • Like x 1
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Classic Batman was a checklist tick, now that I have it ticked I don't know how I could check. He counts for all the Knight/Men/Hero stuff. I'll try Future Harley again next time I am on.
  14. AV Loyal Player

I've def used Future Harley w/o problems before so worth double checking.
  15. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Seems to be working fine. After mentioning it to a few people it seems that very rarely people are missing 1 category's count after a run. Probably just internet wonkness.

Thanks for checking, and this bonus week has been awesome!
    • Like x 1
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I thought I had too! I think it was just server/internet wonk. BTW AV, thanks for all your guides and hard work for the community <3
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Appreciate the follow-up.
    • Like x 1