Solo 'Hideout/Survival' Feats - Why is getting in is the hard part?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Statman New Player

Well it could go with each level. Trusted can be the level 30 mission, and lesser values for the lesser level missions. Seems logical to me.
  2. Goony New Player

im figuring they age going to add them as challenges one day just like they added the other ones
    • Like x 1
  3. Evil Moopie New Player

Here is an idea from a while ago that could fix some of these problems:

Make either T4 or T5 challenges of all the final mentor missions BUT COMBINE BOTH THE FIRST AND SECOND INSTANCES VIA PORTAL. For example villains would get only the three villain final instances (Shadowlands and Limbo challenge mode, Daily Planet and Watchtower challenge mode, and TO Morrow's Lab and Gotham STAR Labs challenge mode) and heroes would get whatever their final mentor missions are. This is to both top off the Brainiac era and to make it easier to get the mentor-specific feats.
    • Like x 1
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

This makes sense for some of the end game missions like Oblivion Bar / Shadow Lands, Hall of Doom/Daily Planet, but what about the little ones like:
    1) Secret Star Labs Facility (Metallo) for investigations and briefings.
    2) China town Electronic Store (Minotaur) for investigations and briefings.
    3) Chinatown Magic Shop for the Solo Hideout "Fire sale" feat.
    There are others as well... small early mission locations that you need to get into to complete feats, briefings and investigations and potentially style collections.

And even if the intention is/was to make these bigger final mission locations available on the 'on duty' tab as duo or what not...
    They aren't there and is been 2 FREAKING years.... They need to find another way to address it.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

No worse than the trolls I've seen prost1tute themselves: XX CR XXX SP XXXX Vit Troll for any raid or alert $$$$$$$$ or X exos
    • Like x 2
  6. Goony New Player

why wouldnt it work for the other ones as well?
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Your point makes sense (and I wish they would do it) but look at the list of hideout challenges, iconic battles...
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Solo_Feats

There are many sub-mission (smaller) locations that I can't see them adding in just for feats, briefings and investigations.
    I think they would have already.
    Awesome if they did add in all those challenges... I'd be extactic
  8. Goony New Player

im not talking about all the missions i am talking only about those that have a specific mentor and that is the ones at 15, and 30 that not all of them have been able to be completed by one person not of that mentor
  9. Goony New Player

there is absolutly no reason anyone has to ever go into the daily planet unless they have that mentor cause there is no boss fight in there no investigations or briefings, no feats whatsoever in there
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I guess, my thought was that the transport to hall of doom is in there...if we could access the hall of doom mission via the 'on duty' tab that would work. Same deal for the Oblivion bar and Shadowlands maybe.
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I can't find a full 'breakdown by off-mentor' list online....I'll eventually need to sit down an figure it out.
    It's not just feats though.

It's also some investigations and briefings. For example....
    1) Secret Star Labs Facility (Metallo) for investigations and briefings.
    2) China town Electronic Store (Minotaur) for investigations and briefings.
    These are two that I have completed by asking to be grouped into the locations...
  12. Notangie New Player

It's better to shout in the 'shout' channel, not lfg or trade. When I'm farming (which is when I'm more likely to go out of my way to let someone in) I have trade and lfg turned off, and only see shout.

I've never had to ask anyone because hubby has a villain and hero for each mentor, but we've walked people in on several occasion, sometimes switching toons to help them get the other mentored missions.

I've never felt it was worth bits to walk someone in to these, I hope that if people are charging bits they're walking you in to ALL of the missions for their mentor, not just one.
  13. Goony New Player

those are what i am talking about the ones you can only get from the mentor missions
    • Like x 1
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/538/investigation/star-materials-handling/ Meta rank 15 split into 2 buildings.
    I think it was same for Magic and Tech, using 2 buildings for the rank 15 quest.
    Rank 30 ones.... Magic, fairly sure it was 2 buildings. Tech, 2 buildings. Meta.... i don't remember well, i don't think Daily Planet had green or blues in there... (investigation & briefing) what were they called? (could check that site linked above if I had the name)
    I agree the 1st building was relatively small, but then again so is the vs Dr Fate Challenge(for villains). The short ones... would be T1 additions because they are short? hmmm. or maybe crank up the health and damage output of NPCs in there and make them T2 or T3?

Rank 15s...
    Meta is vs Metallo for heros; vs ? for villains in the 1st building, & vs Lex/Superman in 2nd.
    Tech is vs ? 1st building (i remember containing Clayface. is that right? both for each faction?), & vs Batman/Joker 2nd building.
    Magic is vs Minotaur for villains; vs ? for heros, & vs Circe/WonderWoman in 2nd building.

rank 30s...
    Tech, TO Morrow Lab, vs Batman/Joker, & robot Joker/robot Batman (that'd be a T5 freaking challenge for 2nd building;))
    Magic, 1st building vs Demon for villains; ? for heroes, & vs Circe/WW in 2nd. (if you wait in this one after beating WW, WW will exit through portal in knocked out posture. I laughed when i saw that.)
    Meta, Daily planet vs Brainiac crab, & 2nd vs Lex/Superman.

We'd all like to think that grouping is easy, but with different phases, different instances, time of play, & as more reach upper tiers are they going to be online often or willing to help? I like my Renown Vendor per wing selling a trinket to allow you into the mentor specific instances for the Solo Feats, Investigations, & Briefings. Those instances were bugged for sooooo long, i'd be surprised if SOE remember these instances exist and what is in them. Also remembering the livestream where devs were asked how do we unlock Arkham Joker, and they had no idea what the users were talking about (it was a PvP skin). Now they are crowd sourcing issues with the game...:oops: why hire an extra team to QC or simply know what you've done when you can ask the users. It's not the 1st time, I recall them asking if users would tell them where badly placed collection nodes were. Are there no Dev tools and grouped assets?? go wireframe view, pick Collection node assets, zoom at each one, render environment if can't tell node is inside building or under water in wireframe, ungroup one node from group, move single Collection node, select collection node grouping and add single one back to group, move to next.... oh never mind. Is there not a script or play book or PDF file of Descriptions of power abilities? is there not a... *sigh*

[IMG]
  15. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

So my support ticket ran it's course through 3 or so rounds. This was the ultimate answer:
    " I can completely understand your point of view and I do appreciate you taking the time to elaborate on your concerns. However, we are not at liberty to circumvent the current design decisions regarding these feats. They are working as intended and as designed. That being said, I am more than happy to pass along your feedback and ideas to the Development team. In addition, you may want to consider posting your concerns and ideas on a new thread via the official forums, or adding to one of the existing threads there."
  16. MsMamba New Player

^ THIS!

I'm always like:

[IMG]

Before I can get a message out.
    • Like x 1
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I've had better success by using the rest or sleep emote outside the entrance.... people tend to pause, out of curiosity and it gives you time to formulate a tell.

Of course, you need to know exactly where the entrance is in order to do this, because you don't even have the golden entry ring as a guide.
  18. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

+1 from me. I really like the idea of tying it into faction renown.
  19. XODUIS Committed Player

Agreed. Im joker mentored but is "favorable" with them while im "TRUSTED" with LexCorp. If im so trusted why cant i go destroy the WT with you??
  20. Dzus New Player

I literally just want my feats and I can't get in to any of these places, for SOLO feats how tf does this make sense