Test Discussion Solar Amplifier Bug

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

And that was well said, maybe a green name will chime in with words the community cares to hear on this
    • Like x 2
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

The devs told us there was no bug by openly ignoring the claims. There has been countless threads and comments, bug reports etc and what did devs have to say?
    Stunned silence an them not looking at it, speaking up, or acknowledging it in ANY way for a year tells us for a fact it was fine and as intended. No one exploited anything because according to the team that was happy to sell it and happy to operate blind there was no bug and no prob. They want to see you a new art nothing more (prove me wrong devs, i want to be wrong. Refund the nth metal, my mail box is clear and waitinh).
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

#facts
    • Like x 1
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Each "bug" has its own priority, in turn when it will be fixed, how it will be fixed and whether it will be fixed at all.

Whether the priority is low or high depends on many factors.

Factors that change over time.

For example, the influence of "bug" on the balance when there were no such artifacts as Transformation and Strategist, before the balance changes of such weapons as DW and 2H, etc. was less than after their appearance. If before the above changes, "bug" was good for balance, then after, "bug" it became itself the cause of the imbalance. How powerful and versatile the artifact has become essentially kills the idea of ​​diversity. It has become a must-have, not the choice.
    • Like x 2
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The last thing i'll say on this subject because for one I don't need to continue to entertain the argument because the change has happened and whatever spiteful and hurtful things you all want to send Batuba in a PM isn't going to help your cause.

I truly do believe the response and behavior is asinine in response to this change, what it does is completely highlight that anyone against this change absolutely wants zero balance in DCUO. All you want is what broken abilities that work for you as a player and how dare DCUO change anything to do with that. Just because it went unfixed for an extended duration is moot, would you like me to list for all of you the bugs that still remain from stats revamp on powers? or would you like me to list the ones that were from stats revamp that Batuba fixed in the past? So it's ok then if a bug is fixed after a year because that bug is a negative one that will serve you better but when its a positive bug like giving you increased damage its wrong to change it? shameful.

TOS

5.4. Virtual Items
    Daybreak reserves the right to add, modify, remove, suspend and reintroduce Virtual Items in the Daybreak Games, in-game marketplaces, and promotional offers, and to change the prices and/or difficulty of obtaining Virtual Items, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Such changes may impact the effectiveness, functionality, and/or commonalty of the Virtual Items. As a result, the value and desirability of a Virtual Item may significantly increase or diminish over time. By purchasing a Virtual Item license you assume the risk of any such changes and agree never to assert any claim against Daybreak based on the actual or perceived value, or change in value, of a Virtual Item.

Keep trying to complain because it's just an exercise in futility and further shows you don't care about the GAME you just care about how it impacts you personally.

Cheers
    • Like x 2
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Most of the players here are not complaining they are fixing a bug, they are complaining because the bug has been in the game for about a year and we never had any dev talk about it (the bug was reported several times), so it pretty much felt like a intended mechanic (there are other powers in the game that don't split damage as well). I'm not one of the guys who spent irl money to get the artifact, but if I was I would be really mad, it's not a few cents, it's dozens of $$$ in seals, catalysts and nth metal. And although it's not illegal (like it wasn't illegal to nerf venom) for them to change a artifact like this, it's really frustrating.

It's like if you paid a software to listen to music for 3 months but then notices you can also watch videos, then you buy it for lifetime and after 1 year they tell you being able to watch the video is not intended. Indeed it isn't, but they could have warned you wayyyyy before.
    • Like x 4
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Just because they were smart enough to put a little clause ensure they could screw us over when they wish doesnt mean they should. Clauses like that are what give them the freedom (and rite-fully so) to fix things and correct things. This has nothing to do with that as thats not what they are doing. They knowingly sold us a product that performed a certain way and were happy to take our $ for it. We paid for said product and paid for it to perform a certain way.
    I wish i cared about the game as much as you....... smh you dont know any of us an the devs treating us this way and us being upset by it shows we care. You dismissing it and tryin to justify it shows you dont care (see i can infer motive too). That that BS elsewhere. Its not helpful and unproductive.
    The devs need to know how this looks. They need to know what their customers think. Your the minority here tryin to justify it so move along an make a fan club thread an try an convince ppl there.
    Now a year later they are ready to sell the next product and its players like you that lead them to believe its ok to bait n switch us. Since you said your done kissing dev behind an tryin to justify this dirty practice (hopefully your a man of your word on this) the door is that way.
    • Like x 1
  8. gemii Dedicated Player

I don’t see how it’s a debate nowhere in the description of the artifact does it say @rank 200 your aoe damage will no longer split damage. It does not matter how long it has taken to fix the bug It was never intended in the first place if you chose to spend you money leveling it up because it wasn’t splitting damage that is a YOU problem.

You had your fun playing with something that’s clearly was bugged and now you want your refund lol what?

If the description said at 200 damage will not split and then they decided to change it then THAT would be a reason to complain.

I leveled mine to 200 too and oh well I read what the artifact does at each rank and still decided to level it because it wasn’t splitting damage. That’s on me

it is still going to be good at 200 not as OP but still good I’m not bothered by the fix
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Show me where is says its supposed to split then? It was speculation (even if accurate) that it was broken.
    Devs knew an did nothing. It was posted over and over, reported multiple times.
    When devs dont speak for a year then it is implied that nothing is wrong. Just as you suggesting the description doesnt say it o longer splits which IMPlES it shouldn't, the devs not speaking IMPLIES its intended. And to use your own argument, the text doesnt say it shouldnt and that can imply it should.
    If itnwas an issue they should have acknowledged it and fixed it not ignored it for a year an collected revenue. This is on the devs NOT the players. Devs did this to themselves an till they make it rite they deserve all backlash they get. They can make this rite, they can do the rite thing here (theres a few ways to reconcile actually)
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Correct
    Its the principle and the dirty practice thats the issue. The devs can read this an do the rite thing. We shall see, i want them to do the rite thing here as i defend them plenty but not on this. They did this to themselves
    • Like x 1
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

@ rank 120

.your eye beam overheat and explode, damaging enemies near your target

That’s where the split comes in if the eyebeam is exploding and hitting near by enemies it’s a split. Does it really have to say split? It’s kind of common sense especially when you use it in game at the lower levels it’s clearly showing it’s splitting.

at 160 it adds the burning effect to the enemies

At 200 all your suppose to get is the empowered channeling and % increase
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

It’s not a balance pass though it’s a bug fix. I agree the timing is late But that still doesn’t matter imo if you read the artifact description or even have played with it at the lower levels you automatically have full understanding how the artifact is suppose to play and if you continue to rank it up because it’s doing something better than what’s intended you can’t get mad whenever it does get fix that’s pretty much my stance on it
  13. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Hmm... I guess it will be fixed in a year... and until that I won't spend my marks and money on broken stuff.
    • Like x 4
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Go to the third page and read AV response. That alone shuts down your response. Any counter arguments on Arc Lightning and Tesla Ball? We are all mad not because of the nerf to HV but because of how it was handled and said. There's a reason why there's a spokesperson in many professions. If Daybreak had someone they would have prevented Batuba from saying those exact words. But as time have passed with data to back it up there is no reason he said what he said. There's a pattern here when it comes to nerfing and buffing things and the players are fed up with this practice.
    • Like x 3
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I dont know, dies it have to say split? U wanted to argue the verbiage so i challenged. It doesn't say if it dies or does not split damage nor does it delinate the % that should be split IF in fact it even should split. I say “IF” because a cording to the devs willingness to sell it that way and collect payment an NOT say anything then the devs in fact said (with their negligence an silence) that it worked as intended.
    • Like x 3
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

What about the art and how it performs would make me “automatically know Its intention”?
    I mean its starts as a pure ST
    Adds an AoE bust w/less damage due to split
    Then at 200 apparently the split went away resulting in higher damage
    Seems fine and a proper next logical step for all the time, material, and sometimes $ to go from 160-200
    And they werent “late” as you say as if your understanding. They packaged, Ignored, and sold it as is with 0 indication or literally anything to suggest it was not as iNtended Fir a year! Thats deceitful not “late”

I say “literally any indication” because a dev didnt speak. They openly and willfully ignored even tho they knew because they took the time to take down bug reports an sweep them under the rug. And forgive me but ppl saying is broke is not an indication its broke. Its an indication to the devs that it MAY be broke. They are the devs not us, its not for us to decide how things should behave its on them. To think otherwise is ignorant at best. There is o reason ppl should thought it was anything other than as i tended
    • Like x 4
  17. August Moon Well-Known Player

uuuuuh so anyone wanna explain how rank 200 solar amp explosion does 2k less damage than a 199 and 179 solar amp explosion ?

• Like x 3
  18. inferno Loyal Player

Speaking for myself. I never thought much about Ranking up any artifacts up to 200. I believed 160 is more than enough, in fact most of my alts only have up to 120, and that there were too little benefits from 200 to warrant spending money on Seals of Completion.

Having said that, I CHOSE to level up Trans, strategist and Solar Amp to 200 in the last double xp. I had more than enough xp and artifacts to get 3 artifacts that high without spending any money. I did NOT anticipate the cost of the Seals of Prevention and Completion and the need to use Completion beginning at Rank 140 for 3 artifacts. This meant I did not take advantage of any earlier sales. In the end, the amount of extra money that I spent left a very bitter taste in my mouth because it was OUTSIDE of my DCUO annual budget. This change in the Solar amplifier adds nothing positive with my feelings on ranking up anymore artifacts to 200. But this is all my choice.

Now, I have to say that Solar Amplifier at rank 200 still has the best might stats of any artifacts. It has a 5% might bonus as well. IF you are a Might DPS and want to max up your might stats you need to have SA up to 200. It is still a good single target artifact with Heat Vision, an iconic which I love having in my loadout as I am a Superman fan. I intend to keep this artifact and leave it alone.

As for voicing my opinion and feelings on the adjustment of damage that Heat Vision does with SA at 200, I will leave that for others who feel as strongly as I do. I just choose not to voice/express it as I no longer want to waste anymore of my time and energy on what is done and decided.

I am choosing to look at the remaining positive of this artifact and learn from my own experience/mistakes.
    • Like x 1
  19. SilkyPawz Bunny

What? is it another bug? I hope it gets looked at.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im gonna directly ask (Not expecting a response as my gut says the truth is what we all currently feel).
    How were you not aware for the last year when there were constant comments, threads, and even bug reports???
    If you honestly werent aware (which has to be false) who’s fault is that because it was put in the light for you folks non-stop from the beginning???
    This lays at you folks’s feet NOT the consumer that was sold a product that performed a certain way and after a year your attempting to say is not what was sold to us.
    That said heres the time line
    Art releases, ppl tell you its broke repetedly, continue selling it, bug reports an more ppl telling you, continue selling it anyway, more ppl telling you, ignore us leading community to believe its fine, continue selling it “as is”, after a year you try to tell us you didnt know, we call you folks on it, _______

Fill in the blank, this is the part where the devs apologize an compensate as a show of good faith for YOUR mistake, for leading us to believe it was fine, for leading us to believe it was intended etc.

What say you? The masses have gathered and we are all ears in the town square awaiting a proper address on the issue an what will done to reconcile.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.