Test Discussion Solar Amplifier Bug

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

If thats true (@mepps) so much for “its on the table being discussed as a priority“ i guess then eh? Mepps literally also just informed us they were conducting some extra internal testing etc. and is why AV was asking for more time/opportunity to test as well

My question to the devs then becomes..... how can you say more testing an discussion is being done an still release a “fix” that will neuter an artifact ppl have invested heavily in anyway with no info provided Or justification?
    Its contradictory. Its Just ANOTHER reason why we are questioning the truth an motive for this...... we have explained an explained how this looks. Dev team, give us reason to NOT be suspicious......
    • Like x 2
  2. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Seems like a pretty cavalier approach to the community. This type of testing like AV has done I saw from leaguemates when Hard Light and Nature were up for fixes several years ago as both were terrible. They did extensive testing gave all their feedback and it was generally ignored for several weeks and no response. Then it was stated that no changes were made as there wasn't enough time to make adjustments and all the test data was basically ignored. This caused a mass exodus of a top tier league that quit the game and haven't returned ~5 years ago. It's the way things get handled or not handled well that causes disdain towards the company or dev.s.

Either the changes are already set in stone basically when they hit test which defys having it as a test if it isn't or can't be changed. But AV asking for the live version to test on test was too much or too hard or too late in the update release game?

It would be nice to see a testing video from the developers showing what they see and data, but I don't think that has ever been openly shared what they are seeing as a video would allow for too much conjecture and possibly players telling dev.s they don't know how to play etc. which has happened when the dev.s first released Survival Mode and showed them playing it, they were heavily criticized as bad players, garbage rotations etc.

MORE INFORMATION and DETAILS would be great as most of us are sitting around wondering, wait what? We just had a large thread and we came out of all that with the same exact SA nerf with a slight adjustment to burning the first target, but heard no other response to empowered channeling issues etc.

And now we have a larger looming issue that is very vague statement from Mepps where other imbalances were found and we can expect more nerfs to....?
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Other imbalances i assume (because lack of transparency an communication leads us to form our own conclusions smh) are prob strat as is a no downside all upside an can easily be “Exploited” (i dont use that term in a bad way) to garner larger than intended gains.
    I assume it will be nerf’d as it seems way OP from a balance perspective to me in my limited knowledge of the “x’s an o’s”.

No matter what happens, both sides at least seem to agree that we NEED communication on this and other things like it.
    Its why the underlying motive as has been stated many times by many ppl seems shady.
    If theres nothing shady happening, why not be open and communicate? This is why we are left to speculate an follow the evidence we have.

Bottom line is i want to be wrong, i want this to be good for the game but evidence says its not. I want it to be honest and in the best interest of the players but evidence says its not.
    My grandfather always said “walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, guess what? Its a duck”
    Nothing we have seen or heard points us in any direction other than the worst.

PLEASE devs, be transparent. This is a TEST/FEEDBACK thread we need YOUR evidence and feedback.
    • Like x 3
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

If Transformation Card or Strategist card get a nerf after it just got buffed and after batuba stated they were working as intended, then I'm sure the backlash would be worse than Solar. I invested heavily in changing my toons artifacts the last double XP because of the dual role advantage of Trans & Strat. I switched several toons to Strat, but had also upgraded Solar Amp on a few too. It took Thousands of source marks that I did not have and got catalysts from a leaguemate that had lots to spare. You'd think since it's been around at least a year it would be left alone, but that's not the track record.

I personally was affected by Venom Wrist nerf, DW FS, doom spin WM nerf and now my solar artifact ambitions are shot...just going to have to dump them into another artifact in 2021 whenever a double XP weekend is. I strategically consider what to invest into as an artifact as I'm sure others do also. To have drastic, gaming changing nerfs on things that aren't game breaking is discouraging. It's like the loudest whiners get what they want ex. nerf precision, but it's only looked at within a test bubble sparing targets and not in game content.

It's my stance, it's not my job to test. Unless I'm paid or compensated, I'm not giving my free time to do something that isn't valued. Sadly to AV and others your testing time looks like more or less a waste of time.
    • Like x 5
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, when i heard they made an art for HV (when i came back to the game) i was like “outstanding, I can do a multiple channeling build with quantum”.
    I researched and researched and theres literally not a single credible word anywhere that says anything was wrong or would be nerf’d. (I know other ppl will say “we said it was broke” an thats fine if u think that. The ones who will say they knew didnt know. They thought it but didnt know it because they arent the game devs an theres no real reason we should take info from random ppl we dont know as fact. Devs were silent for a year an that silence tels customers we r good an safe to purchase.
    “It is not as intended” as finally after a year that info becomes fact is just not enough to justify this.
    Intended and balanced are NOT synonymous terms to be used interchangeably. Balanced is what the artifact was and what they made (even if by accident). They should defend the balance an respect the players and the $ spent.
    I dont care who cries or how many ppl cry.
    The timeline is what matters and after a year Of the artifact being considered just fine by the team (as communicated to us by their silence) this should have been a safe purchase.
    Finding out even well balanced arts with only issues in the empowered channeling mod installed at 200 that doesnt work can get the nerf bat Is hust a huge let down.

Im calling it now, it may not be today or tomorrow but guaranteed trans an strat are on the chopping block because they are too popular.
    Popularity does NOT = broken nor does it = OP but that seems to be how this is viewed an if thats the criteria then they will get the axe too
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.