Test Discussion Solar Amplifier Bug

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarroden New Player

Can u put fire burst and frost blast in the empowered channeling they need it bad
    • Like x 2
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

4TH ARTIFACT SLOT.. NOW IS THE TIME.. CALL IT A DAY!
    • Like x 1
  3. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I constantly get interrupted by Grail in the new solo. Drives me crazy when the mod should really be stopping this happening
    • Like x 2
  4. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Probably not the right thread for this but I 100% agree. Frost blast is a nightmare and could be a usable power if it was affected by empowered channeling. It has such a long animation and then to get interrupted by the slightest of things wastes all that time and damage, and lets face it Ice needs as much help as it can get .
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Anyone know the reason why HV mobility was removed? Like did it break the game just because it allowed you to walk?
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

A lot of folks actually asked for it to be removed because it made it impossible to block or jump cancel in many cases. Also, at the time I think the Devs said it was never intended.

Mobile Channels are absolutely awesome. Mobile channels that you can't cancel.... not so much.
    • Like x 1
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

How was it impossible? They (devs) could just shut off the animation if you want to block and if you don't want to block then have the freedom of walking around with it. It might not have been intended but a gem was presented and the devs removed it simply because it wasn't intended. I would rather have that option of mobility than this supposed bug but of course with the freedom to block.
  8. L T Devoted Player

I'm shrugging. I don't see the code, so I can't say if or how it could have been fixed. Fire's Absorb Heat suffers from the same bug to this day-- sometimes you can cancel it, sometimes you can't. Not being able to cancel HV severely limited its usefulness. So since this behavior wasn't intended to begin with, the simplest solution was to remove the mobility.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

If its a move in the Mod and she lunges you and it interrupts you, report it. Otherwise any other CC may still interrupt you.
  10. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Will do. thanks
  11. AV Loyal Player

FYSA it's just the fact she grounds us constantly (I believe her basic attacks do). If you turn movement mode off when you start the fight, she'll never interrupt your channels (except maybe if you let her spawn a red pool). Empowered Channeling stops both PvP mechanics and CC. I'm not sure why some people keep saying it doesn't stop CC when it clearly states it prevents "standard control effects." Grounding should also be prevented, really, but the workaround is simple, though annoying.
  12. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I will try it out and see what happens. thanks
    • Like x 1
  13. Faelwolf Active Player

Because it doesn't stop CC, it's broken, and has been broken for a long time. You mention an example of it's brokenness in your own statement. Anything other than a minor nudge from trash mobs will still interrupt you with EC.
  14. AV Loyal Player

That's not a technical CC though, that's an Unreal physics effect cancelling it by causing us to move while casting a power that doesn't allow movement while casting. If we get those kinds of nudges while casting Channel Hate or Absorb Heat, though, the cast is not interrupted no matter how aggressive the physics applied is. I agree that Empowered Channeling should protect against that kind of derpy stuff, it's just an important distinction so the devs can see exactly what's going on.
    • Like x 2
  15. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I think there may be more going on here...

I was just helping a league mate out with the Damage Control alert and first room Dawnbrfeaker releases some constructs which you need to kill. Well both my HV and Avalanche were being constantly interrupted, could barely get a shot out.

We had the same problem probably 6 months ago and it was a bug in the Solar Amp Empowered Channelling and not with the white mod, so it was fixed. I wonder with all the tinkering around whether its stirred up a problem again.

I will write a polite post and let them know there may be an issue.
    • Like x 3
  16. AV Loyal Player

Yeh better safe than sorry.
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You forgot "in my opinion"
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Anything to share yet? The fact you said its still being discussed leads me to cautious optimism OR still Moving forward with the nerf in spite of how this looks?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're running through the balance concerns and doing our own testing. We're not seeing quite the same results, and it is illuminating other balance issues with other things. We are probably going to go forward and review live data at this point to see where the gaps are.

That said, making a single target artifact really good at multi target damage still isn't going to be the way we want to go.
    • Like x 2
  20. AV Loyal Player

Are you able to put the current version on test so we can all do testing? Since it's non-split we have to take the average of 3 target and 8-target performance and I've only found 1-2 powers where a Solar Amp AoE option didn't already outright lose at average performance but I wouldn't mind being able to recheck everything. This was before even factoring its drawbacks and in-content weaknesses (eg an interuptible burst at the end of a long channel with a relatively short range on its actual AoE) and it loses in essentially every case to short range builds as well. That's also in addition to the % by which the artifact is contributing to overall DPS relative to other artifacts that we were able to look at, (ie. How even in good builds with it, it isn't doing as much as Strat is).

You guys aren't "making a single target artifact really good at multi target damage" here, as this isn't a new artifact. It's altering an artifact people already bought in the form in which you originally made it after making a single target artifact have explicit AoE viability. It's changing something currently useful in multiple situations to be almost useless outside of ST after it was bought and paid for. If this was a brand new artifact, no one would take issue. This isn't pre-release testing.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.