Solar amp 200

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robster4949, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Robster4949 New Player

Before I post as a bug just wanna ask did they change solar amp at 200. Main reason I ask is everyone told me once at 200 could move but I can’t. Tried everything.

Is there something I’m missing or did they ‘fix’ it?
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

they fixed it, it was a bug on test since u could move but also clip it.
  3. Robster4949 New Player

So you can’t move anymore at all I guess?
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Heat Vision was always a stationary ability.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

Is the enhanced channeling offered by it at 200 even worth it though if we already have a tactical mod that does the same thing?
    I've got it at about 183 and I'm in no hurry to max it otherwise.
  6. TheLorax Steadfast Player

If you get it to 200 you can have Penetrating Strikes AND Enhanced Channeling at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

Ah! I had not considered that. Good call.
  8. FullMetalTitan Well-Known Player

Pen strike is a chest mod. With a 200 amp’s built in enhanced chan u can run max damage in your hands
    • Like x 2
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I have seen some players using solar amp and penetrating strikes instead of the 2% additional damage mod. Im guessing its a little more effective than the 2% damage chest mod with solar amp... I dont know.
  10. FullMetalTitan Well-Known Player

Max damage is a hand mod pen strike is a chest mod unless I missed something and they added that to hand mods. Yea u can run pen and max damage with a 200 amp.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

yeah the pen strike mod is a chest mod. There is also a 2% additional damage chest mod too. I have seen several players with 200 solar amp mostly using the pen strike mod over the other 2% additional damage chest mod and using the emp channel mod in hands. So is using the pen strike chest mod better with solar amp at 200 over the 2% additional damage chest mod with solar amp at 200?
  12. FullMetalTitan Well-Known Player

Not gonna lie idk which is better. Bunch of videos on it if you do a bit of research or maybe make a post and see if anyone with more knowledge can help you out.
  13. TheLorax Steadfast Player

The 2% damage chest mod was reported to be broken. Not sure if it was fixed or even broken to begin with.
  14. TheLorax Steadfast Player

Yep, got the hand and the chest mixed up. Thanks for the clarification.
  15. Penryn Loyal Player

Let's see.

Here are some results from using Gadgets Fear Gas against a sparring target on PCTest at 46618 Might. Fear Gas is a great power for this type of testing since it has no damage variance. That makes it really easy to figure out if buffs or percentage increases are working.

No Tactical Mods
    1025 per tick

Just Core Strength
    1044 per tick

Just Penetrating Strikes
    1046 per tick

Just Max Damage
    1044 per tick

Max Damage + Core Strength
    1062 per tick

Max Damage + Penetrating Strikes
    1065 per tick

So both chest mods look ok to me when trying them out against sparring targets.
    • Like x 7
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If you are Munitions and already using Empowered Channeling hand mod, then no. The description is misleading in that it does not grant Empowered Channeling to abilities other than HV. I tested this.
  17. Balton hero Committed Player

Has that been reported as a bug in case it's unintended?
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When the 200 Artifacts came out, it was reported as feedback in the appropriate thread. I really don't think it's a bug.
  19. KHALONofOGUN Unwavering Player

Incorrect. You'd get Max Damage and Enhanced Channeling (EC is a hand mod, not chest mod).
  20. TheLorax Steadfast Player

Someone beat you to it.
    • Like x 2