SOE Live DCUO Keynotes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Statman, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Statman New Player

I know there's a bunch of other threads about the keynotes, but I thought I could centralise a list of everything covered, so people who missed the cast (I watched a replay) don't have to travel to 12 different threads.

Follow up on SOE Live 2012
    Home Turf
    • Looking to expand on bases in the future for PvE content
    Origin Crisis
    • May revisit difficulties, specifically one shots in Raids, Iconic Anomolies, and adjust.
    Halls of Power
    • It is not cancelled!
    • League halls will no longer be part of the DLC. These will be free for everyone.
    • Armories will no longer be part of the DLC. These will be free for everyone.
    • Armories will be used for saving specs, loadouts, gear and style appearances.
    • Additional armories will be available for purchase on the marketplace. It can be assumed these come with a limit of use.
    Looking Forward
    Sons of Trigon
    • New Duos and Alert
      • Duos x3, featuring Envy, Wrath and Lust (Gluttony, Sloth and Greed to be mini bosses)
      • Cameos from Iconic heroes and villains (dynamic spawns)
    • Gotham Wastelands Zone with new Solo missions
      • Many Iconic locations (Amusement Mile, Gotham Cathedral, Forum of the Twelve Ceasers, Gotham Hospital mentioned) redone in the hellish landscape similar to Robinson Park.
      • Updated Sin demons - retroactive into current content.
    • New Legends PvP characters
      • Donna Troy - uses Amazonian weaponry
      • Cheetah (speedster) - more feral than Catwoman, lol
    • Celestial Powers
      • Not the same as Sorcery!
      • Healer
      • Similar principle to HL - power combos
      • Power combos can cleanse or corrupt the next power in your combo for additional benefits (crossing trees)
      • Good balance of burst and HoT
      • Healing is based on damage output
      • DPS favours Precision "a little more" but does have Might options
      • Many live streams to come in the coming weeks.
      • Heroes inspired by is The Spectre
      • Villains inspired by is Eclipso
    • 4 new styles
      • New 52 Raven (yuck - my opinion)
      • Brother Blood
      • Exalted
      • Demonic style (hopefully not called Demonic, lol)
    Leaderboards
    • League based
    • PvP and PvE
    • DC Comics feeling to it - statues with current character styles
    • Various types of Statues can be placed around your League halls, containing different types of Leaderboards (Kills, Damage Output, combined stats like Deaths vs Rallys)
    • Update every 30 days
    Future DLC structure
    • Alternating between large group and small group content (example Home Turf is small group, Origin Crisis is large group, Sons of Trigon is small group).
    • Tier and Tier-steps are will be well thought through when implementing.
    • New Tiers (at least the next one) will be implemented in a small group DLC, so that people can gear up for the next large group DLC.
    • 3 part story arcs for future DLC's - not necessarily in sequence
    DLC9 - War of the Light part 1
    • Introducing Saint Walker and the Blue Lanterns
    • By the end of War of the Light part 3, they will have exhausted the Spectrum!
    • New full version of Metropolis - dedicated to War of the Light DLC's
    • Mogo comes into the battle
    • No mention of a powerset (will be tank if there is one)
    Amazon Fury part 1 (working title)
    • New full version of Metropolis - dedicated to Amazon Fury DLC's
    • Amazons declaring war on the mortal realm of men - Hippolyta has "gone a little off her rocker"
    • Invisible jet's flying over the skies of Metropolis
    • Creatures from Greek Mythology
    Halls of Power (part 1? not mentioned)
    • Darkseid/Apokolips and the New Gods/New Genesis
    • Developing lairs and league halls for new content for both PvP and PvE
    • Travelling to Apokolips and New Genesis
    • Defend bases and halls from Apokolips and New Genesis
    PS4 (mostly already known)
    • Working hard to make launch window
    • No PS+
    • Much improved textures and environments
    • No intentions of abandoning PS3 for a long time
    • PS4 playing on PS3 server
    • Transition from PS3 to PS4 will be seamless
    • Like x 13
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Personally I'm very happy with the way Celestial seems to play as a Healing power. I ran with my main as an Electricity healer for quite some time and to be honest I liked getting into the middle of a fight and healing, which is why I liked Electricity. The way Galvanize works always had me paranoid that if I stayed at the back of the group not everyone would get the benefit of the heal, so I liked to jump into the middle of the mob and heal.

With Celestial heals taking damage out into consideration this has me quite excited to try Healing again.
    • Like x 2
  3. Flea New Player

Thanks for this post one stop shopping! Almost the most excited I've been about the game!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Circe New Player

Still no Circe style. :(

Please, make it so!
  5. Statman New Player

That is definitely something I think is going to be great. It will definitely challenge a lot of current healers, especially the power spammers to get those big heals (though, they may just spam even more since their heals may be doing less without attacking, lol).
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

That's it, in a nutshell :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Nice wright up
  8. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I cannot wait to enjoy DCUO 1000 times more on the PS4. Got mines on pre-order as DCUO will be downloaded on day 1 of getting the system. I am glad Tier 5 is being looked at via difficulty and cannot wait to jump on my yearly legendary sub starting in November. This panel was explosive.
  9. LL New Player

Ran across this just now. Thought it was pretty funny. :)

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80...-producer-will-celebrate-moving-away-from-ps3
    • Like x 2
  10. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

11. Statman New Player

I'm excited too, I got mine on pre-order also. I've currently turned my recurring membership off... but I may turn it back on, unsure at this point.

That's kind of funny, though it is to be expected - not something you'd expect to hear them say though.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ace1 Dedicated Player

13. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

At least they are keeping it honest even though it is bold lol. But congrats to ya and see ya in Playstation 4 land lol. I thought about ending my sub last month but I just couldn't. I felt like something big could come and I didn't want to miss it not being lengendary. However, your way saved money and you can just come on back home and turn on the lights LOL.
  14. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Congrats for post, very good.
    I happe that devs use like inspiration spectre this show that the power will be powerfull, because spectre, he can fight against miguel demiuge equal is aboce antimonitor in dc comics. I really hope a true powerfull power and no nerfed like quantun was.
    And i hope improvements in this cosmic power.
    Other think with too much dlc i want see power to this i think that we near of all powers of DC. I think in future this excelent game need go ro RPG way, maybe with a DM ( dungeon master) that make adventures, when caracter sey show a square above theyr heads like in HQs, more city to explore like central city, Interaction with enviroment like sit, create life in you caracter.
  15. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Jens said don't expect it to be full power of the spectre.
  16. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Nice summary - lots of exciting stuff to look forward to!
  17. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

full power of spectre destroy universe.
    He have alot of form all of then are very powerfull the mot weak is above brainiac.
  18. TheLoneLantern New Player

She doesn't wear much to begin with! You expect to get a whole style out of her stripper outfit? :p
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

Super excited for all of this!
    Also very glad T5 difficulty is going to be looked at. Is much needed lol
  20. Motive New Player

You are never happy. They said there will be 3 Wonder Woman/Circe DLCs coming.