So You Want To Save PVP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by MrMigraine, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not disagreeing with any of your points, but they don't really correlate with mine.

Yes attempts have been made, things have been tried, blood has been bled and sweat has been dripped, but that's the past and does not correspond to today's PvP, where pretty much everyone in the PvP threads that have erected since the revamp, have all literally said the same thing for the most part, which is why I don't understand the whole "players can't agree on anything" comment, that may have been the case years ago, it certainly isn't now. Look at the dozens of threads that were made since summer last year, most say power spam is King, mental invisibility is cheese, atomic tanks are op, invulnerability to crowd control is too short, etc. The blueprint is literally laid out in detail for them, and they're using the past as an excuse to not do anything about it. The same people that played years ago, most of them have quit and moved on. It doesn't matter what many of them think, since maybe a small handful of them would come back, if that.

Today's players and their concerns are what matters. Despite popular belief, there are still pvpers, they may not be in PvP phase, but I see duels all the time in the HQ, smack talk, scrims, even in open world there's people with PvP flags up and trash talking in versus, this is open PvE by the way.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps stating what can't be agreed on is true though. The moment that Mepps responded, there were contradicting responses. Yes, there are some overlapping venn diagram stuff going on, but PvP is divided. And it will always be, because that's how PvP is for all games. But there was more to what Mepps said that he wont tell.

But at the end of it all, Money is the driving factor. You say you see it happening all the time, but that's still probably less than a tenth of the game population. But that's a number I pulled out of my butt, the devs see more.

And yes my post does correlate to your comment. You DO have to convince them that it's worth investing time and money into it. It's a product. Look at how retail works. If a product doesn't sell enough, they pull it altogether. Buyers who like the product are SOL. It's their product we are buying. Convince them that you want to continue to buy it.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

See that's a tricky point of view to have, how would you know adjustments would be made if more people PvP'd? If that product suddenly spikes in sales and the store doesn't have to pull it, would prices be adjusted to ensure it stays selling? Or would they say "well people are buying it, it's fine for now." I worked retail briefly, and enough to get an idea of how they behave with product. We can't be sure that the devs will make adjustments if we PvP, so why waste our time doing something that aggravates us? I pay my sub to enjoy myself, I'm not going to purposely piss my self off to try to prove a point that's probably mute. Unless a green name says 'if more people PvP'd, we would work on it," im not pushing for it, end of story. For all we know they could say "well more players are pvping and the complaints have slowed down, they must be enjoying it." No thanks, not settlling for that.

Money makes the world go round, we all know that, but where is all the money going to that they have none left over to make small hotfixes to PvP every now and then?? Titans dlc and Augments were great, and I'm sure Atlantis will be great, but I'd like to believe that all these loot boxes are doing more than just paying for flashy DLC, especially after we just had a full game revamp which im sure took tremendous resources. It's possible they could be building it back up after the stats revamp, but the revamp was planned before time capsules were thing, so they obviously had a good amount of the funds saved for it.

So why can't they make minor PvP adjustments? Any small adjustment is an improvement. What's taking all their resources that it's not worth the time?
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

I still think that duplicating PvP rewards along with a PvP Time Capsule would be the right step to do at the moment.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Because it's so broken it's building from almost scratch. They were able to do that with PvE, because it was worth the wait for the money they can earn from fixing it. PvP has mostly been free addition to the game. Monetizing it didn't end well. So it stayed free.

Oh and I get the frustration of the catch 22 in your post.

Also... "Giggity."
  6. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

If I'm on the speed hackers teams.. sure it's fun.. But, most times I'm not. While I don't mind a grind on things.. The prices vs rewards are crazy. 5000 Marks for the Chest.. I need to win 25 matches to just get a chest piece. Then go and grind some more for other parts of gear.

That seems a tad crazy to me.
    • Like x 2
  7. Accept New Player

I would agree but it is impossible
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I guess my point was that the devs will never look at PVP again unless the community does SOMEthing to prove to them it can be profitable, enjoyable and not a pain in the posterior for them.

I think that such a movement has to start with us, as a grassroots kind of thing - otherwise they have no reason to make changes.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yes We Can Active Player

Unlock all feats
    Abandon ship
    PvP Resource Reallocation To PvE
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I wouldn't abandon ship, just let it adrift until it can be cleaned and fixed at their leisure.

But yes, all feats should probably be awarded for now.