So, Without a Sub... What's There to Do?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

I haven't played in close to a year.

Number one reason? I'm no longer subbed (which I was for most of the time since I left).

I've never been interested in playing as a Premi, so I've never "bought" Episodes. Terrible system btw. Make Free players, and fully paying players basically on equal grounds?

I try to keep up with this a bit here n there.

What's There to do as a non rubber with zero Episodes? Are there some of these "events" going on?

I'd like to see the Revamp, but not if all I have access to is the Sesonal and T4 n below.

Edit: I see it, but leaving the auto correction in place :p
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Open episodes for the next month

Also, always use a rubber
    • Like x 9
  3. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Do you have all of your pvp feats?
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There's open episodes right now apparently.
    • Like x 1
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

I have a lot of them, not all. The ones I don't have, I never plan on getting. Lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Great time to come back and try the game out man with open episodes. Otherwise...yeah no reason to play if you were past T3 :p.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

there is always Lpve ,always... !
    • Like x 1
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Make a Flash family inspired toon, go to little Bohemia, enjoy.
    • Like x 3
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

PvP is the only thing I do when my sub runs out. Or those wretched LPvE feats.
    • Like x 2
  10. pghAMMER Active Player

I wouldn't say that. I haven't been a sub for years (when I let it lapse, I was T4); instead, I stayed where I was and waited for OE periods - which is how I got to the equivalent of T6 on not just my main, but half my alts as well). My main is a tank (ice) - but my alts are Healer (Electric - not many of us left), Sorcery DPS, and Hard Light DPS. DPS and Dual Wield is something all my characters can do (for the rather sane reason that some opposition should never - as in ever - be melee'd - such as Kryptonian Medics). Rifle/Artillery is another all too useful skill a support character should have - something T4 raids taught me first - Gates and Prime - the original T4 content; there is no such thing as too much artillery. I'll admit that there IS something satisfying about getting in the face of a Boss - Brainiac, for example - and feeding him a *bastard sword* point-first - however, that is something you aren't supposed to give in to in an eight-character raid. Instead, I saved that for solo content (including tackling raids in Army Of One mode when my CR got tall enough - with Sub-Construct, and - eventually, Prime Battleground). Most satisfying was, naturally, the first time I got Prime Numbers in Army of One mode - but that simply illustrated how much I HATE Brainiac.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Whats their to do w/out a sub? Stare at your escrow money that u can touch :p
    • Like x 2
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

Get beat on in pvp
    Hang out in watchtower/hall of doom
    Hang out at lil boheima/nightclub
    farming

uhh yeah lol free to play, but pay to have fun :)
  13. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Play events, lpve also
  14. Mr Blob New Player

Nothing, welcome to F2P, where unrelevant stuff is free and new content is either behind a massive paywall or a subscription.

I'm a returning player (got rid of main account a few months ago), I intend to play while the open episodes are up and after that.. probably retire again as there is nothing to do past that as well as the handicaps for not being a legendary payer.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'd say get some money and sub up.

Otherwise, run your content up to tier 3 and some open episodes from time to time. Get some cool base items and decorate your base/league hall. That takes a great deal of your playing time if you want to get it done perfectly.

While doing so you can salvage all the gear that drops and that you don't need. You can send the complex materials my way after that since you can't put them on the broker for more than a few thousand dollars.
  16. Mr Blob New Player

Did you just assume his server? How disrespectful.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

I would never do such a thing. I'd simply create a new toon on another server and sub up there just to adhere to my joke :cool:
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

Start a new toon? Leveling and tiers 1-3 can keep you entertained for a few weeks. Plus with the revamp it will be a very different experience.

Alternately...

Just buy age of Justice dlc. Even without open episodes there's content in AoJ that can be run at any CR that gives gear that will attune based on your overall cr.
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd go with the starting over from scratch route and start a new character. if you like the way things have changed sub up for a month and go back to your main.
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've been Premium for about a month. And finally finished the 8 pieces of Expert Marksmen. So that would be a good start. It's a 50 point feet. Someone already mentioned open episodes. Getting all those solo/duo feats done can be done without much money for repairs.

Have you bought all the Legend characters? Buying some of those get you Feats. Also someone mentioned the LPvE stuff. That's my next goal whenever I get around to it. I think I've done eight so far. *laugh*

And remember, you get Marks to buy both PvP and Legends at the same time! I didn't notice this until I saw my Legends marks had maxed out at 250.

Interesting thing you could do just for fun and profit...Start some alts. I did this last year. I did it so I could get all of the Trophies for PS4. Finally platinum the game. :D You have to get one flying, one speedster, etc.. One under each mentor. Sit down and right out the combinations so you can kill two birds with one stone.

After you get these alts through level 30 you have the makings of what I call, "My Seasonal Army"

Each character runs the seasonal and buy stuff for my main. Keep running after getting the feats on your main. Then buy those 100 mark collection pieces and sell them. During this past Summer Event I made $5 Million each time I sold one. That money comes in handy when the OP collection pieces go for around $15 Million each. (This was during the first half of the seasonal, btw. Before I went Premium.)