So...Why'd you choose your role?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rox, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Celestial healing because you can dish out good damage, and we have a god shield.
  2. HazeTA New Player

Troll, because I live under a bridge.
    • Like x 2
  3. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Controller, because I love crowd control, and if that was taken away i'd have little reason to play. Please don't mess with quantum time tree stuns when the revamp comes around *crosses fingers*.
  4. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Played Tank since lvl 10 and up to T5, Then switched to DPS. Now thats all i do
  5. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Mental was my first power along with trolling being the first role i started with because I loved stunning adds and watching them be dazed and confused or trapping them in a bubble and throwing them at the same time.
  6. CrossBud New Player

^
  7. DCUController New Player

honestly?

I picked trolling because, well trolls will always have a seat in instances rather its 4-8 man content or simply duo's.

so I usually role as a troll to gear my DPS side, which currently is what I am actually wanting to play / be on my main (beastlyhealz)

just for that reason alone.

not to mention Im more experienced as a troll over any other role in the game followed by ice tanking.

which I picked ice tanking simply because last time I tried it (cr103) I was able to solo t5 raven on 1st try, and t4 bounties with no hiccups
  8. SweeetLou Active Player

Tank, because I picked ice..

But in all seriousness, tanks get the most action... (;
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

DPS, Mental - I didn't start trolling until I was trapped in a T4 Raid and we needed a Troll at the End (that was a crash course in battery packing); my Ice character has never done anything BUT tank (but can still regularly outscore DPS characters in Duos and keeps up decently with lower performance DPS characters in Alerts - T6 now) and my Electric character only became a DPS after I got stuck in a Duo with a terrible DPS (if I'm out-damaging you with a Bow, 300 Precision and literally ZERO attack skills in a T5 Duo? Quit Playing The Game)... Now I have all four Roles accounted for at a median T6 performance level between three characters.

But Why I Dps =

I love killin' people. Squishin' 'em 'til their organs squirt out like chunky mustard.
  10. gnu247 New Player

aaaaand I'm done with my scrambled eggs for breakfast :(
  11. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I just liked electricity, it was my favorite power. I didn't even know I was a healer until after hitting level 30. I really have enjoyed healing, and I just started with DPS after getting a 2nd set of CR 90 gear from the AF1 solos. I think the electric AM is pretty awesome. I also like healing NPCs, sidekicks, pets, etc. with Galvanize :D.
  12. akaivy Dedicated Player

I always wanted to be a doctor and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before....

Just kidding.

I wanted to do something beside just fight. I wanted to be in a role where I could help complete the task while others who wanted to just fight could perform. I tried trolling and didn't like it much. Tanking is Hard. Healing was left. I like it and think I'm halfway decent, so that's my story.
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

i Play roles to contribute to the teams success in a different way. I think that out of all the roles, i enjoy the challenge tanking brings. Just knowing that the flow of an instance depends on how i handle the adds/bosses makes me happy. I'd say i enjoy healing because i love seeing green numbers everywhere. Controller is also good due to its versatility and because dominance :)
  14. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

I chose tank and healer bc I like being in control of the group's survivability. When I am tanking and my group isn't listening or being jerks, I drop aggro and let them all die. On my healer, I stop healing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Originally my first dominate roll was electricity. I wanted the power I believed was the most "complex", "challenging" and "involved" there was at the time in DCUO (I believe earth was the newest then). Then Quantum came out and I switched to become a Quantum Controller. Teleportation attracted me and then I realized controlling was a very involved role (it was then anyways) so I stuck with it.

Then I saw what Celestial healing was about (and still is for me) through a dev preview of it. It had all the elements (except teleportation) that I valued in a power but above all, it was designed to be self sufficient. I wanted a balanced character that would do well in most situations and Celestial Healing was it. Despite all the changes that the developers have made since Sons of Trigon Celestial has not let me down. It has the challenge and diversity that I have not seen a power top yet. Let alone how many different style (aesthetics and combat all around) iterations Eudaimonia has gone through to the point I see her worthy enough to at least be in a comic book.

Celestial Healing is my top DCUO power that I doubt the developers could ever top. If I had to choose one power that would be a balanced power, Celestial is it.

The Dynamic Duo (2013)
    (Left) Celestial Healer, Celestial DPS (Right)

16. Zhire'El New Player

I like being a Damager because of the amount of yellow and white numbers that fall out of a boss and just seeing mobs die quickly.

Healing was always fun for me as well, I like seeing green, especially in PVP when I'm with a tank, aw man, gotta love how the greens bleed out of them.

I was once a tank but it was pretty scary back in the day when I was expected to be a punching bag to the Avatars ( and their prime forms) because they were just enormous, as much as I'd like to go back to Tanking, being the guy who decides if the whole group keeps on fighting or gets plucked off by the boss by 1 shots is a pretty big responsibility.

Never really tried trolling, so I don't know what to say about the role.
  17. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Like most have said already, I didnt necessarily choose to be a tank or healer, I chose the power and the role chose me.
    And I initially in the beginning when I first started playing was not aware about roles just yet. So I went ahead and made 10 different characters all with different powers not realizing that each of those powers came with a certain role I was going to have to choose. I found all that out later.
    So for me I chose the powers not the roles.