So... When will the profanity filter toggle be fixed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

Just wondering when the ability to toggle the profanity filter on and off will be re-enabled... Because right now it's stuck in the on position even when we have it turned off...
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

3. Minnion Devoted Player

Can you cite a source for that?
    • Like x 1
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

Wait, so now it's stuck on?

You cant flick it off then back on again?

I'm pretty sure it's intended to be on by default now. Regardless of what anyone says.
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hopeful reply: I'm pretty sure the devs will handle this situation sometime.

Realistic reply: Never.
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

7. Minnion Devoted Player

I'm inclined to assume it's a bug until a green name says otherwise or the switch disappears from the menu entirely... (Not to mention sometimes it censors words that as far as I knew weren't actual profanities... )
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

There are more important stuff and fixes than a profany filter. You can talk normally and not curse.
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

Actually tried that and it... worked... (Flicking it on and back off again seemed to disable it... Still a weird bug.)
    • Like x 1
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

Yeah. That's how it's been working. It's default to on each time we log on.

They should leave it as is.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Who #@%&*$# knows? :p Joking obviously but i hope....soon?
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

While I don't dispute this, not everything filtered by the profanity filter is actual profanity... (And even if I'm not cursing I'm an adult and can handle hearing others curse, and in fact prefer being able to read what people are actually saying instead of being forced to guess at their meaning because the filter blocked words that affect the context of what was being said...)

In short when someone is swearing at me I prefer to know what is actually being said so I know what flavor of stupid I'm dealing with and can respond appropriately if and when I choose to respond to such...
    • Like x 4
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

Hey if it's on when we log in the switch should be in the "on" position then... (Again at the very least I'd expect it to stay off when I turn it off even if the default position upon character creation is "on" and yeah the default should be on, but I think we should be able to change the defaults... )

If parental control is an issue just add in the option to password lock certain settings...
    • Like x 1
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

That's a fair point. This game is NOT actually rated.

That being said, I think there shouldn't be any filter at all. What's the point? #!*& you! :D
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

In the game, I cannot darn my socks. I can only **** my socks. I prefer when telling people I am sewing socks that people not think I am instead doing something inappropriate with my socks.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It is a bug. It is on their internal tracking list ... aka, their "to do list."
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-1314

Only online interactions are not rated. The game itself, is rated. I assume that there is some sort of requirement for a filter to be in place even though those interactions aren't rated, in order to get their ESRB rating.

From the website:
    [IMG]

From the ESRB rating explanations:
    [IMG]
    TEEN
    Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
    • Like x 1
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

Since this game can ONLY be played "online" it doesn't really have a rating in my book ;)
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

That's an interesting throwdown! A guide on how to go off the grid in DCUO?

Hmm. I guess in order for it to count, it has to be done before you get off the ship.

Gotta remove all chat channels, of course.
    And shut off proximity chat ... better yet, disable voice chat.
    Can't queue up anything beyond 1-player content.
    Shut off all the league/group/scrim/etc invitations.
    Gotta stay in PvE.

I guess that would only leave emotes. People could still run in circles around you, jump on your head, and even um, block on top of you ... but that's still in the same category as the emotes.
    • Like x 1
  19. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

MILD BLOOD?! That under-30 Brother Blood mission has BLOOD all over the instance!
    [IMG]

and don't forget Rage's blood vomit!

Mild... cmon!
    • Like x 2
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

Can't even get on the ship without online access. I wouldn't think at least.

Wonder what happens if you pop in the original disk to a PC or Consol that's not attached to an internet source.

Maybe the rating is based off the opening cinimatic?

Lol