So when is account wide redeemable legendary allies happening?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Sep 30, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

House Of Legends bot is cool and all, but every time it attacks an add instead of a boss I wish it had a neck so I could STRANGLE IT. :p
    • Like x 4
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Well considering that they said they are addressing bug fixes before tackling that and judging by what's going on test right now... You might have to wait longer.

If Aquaman is truly intended to be only for Sorcery and Earth, I get to save $25. What a joke. Also, I'm not buying the other two, especially Thomas Wayne, since as it is on test, it's half nerfed half overpowered and all Pay to Win.

Launch got a tepid response for Allies in general and the track record says that it will be another useless addition to the game that will get abandoned or they will downright make it so necessarily OP that you have to have it to compete. Which, unless they do give the in game option of purchasing them, is P2W.

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 4
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Hmm, sounds like frr or fre last boss. I can only target/hit batman or overseer and my ally ALWAYS target some random ad that is meaningless to that fight. I’m like, thank you, you were a big help…sarcasm.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Correct-a-mundo! Yet another thing to add to the long list of reasons I despise this alert.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Not only Allies, your pets do the same. I'm always giggling to see Mother Box lasering a downed enemy, while I'm attacking the boss. It's like, "I delete you from this plane of existence, never to be reborn. Oh and here's some more for good measure."
    • Like x 1
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Probably has to complete its script before changing targets. That’s what I also hate about munitions…you can’t change targets while in animation until it is complete or the enemy dies.

Would be nice if this can be improved/fixed. I don’t recall having a vulture for a pet that eats the dead. That definitely could be a pet for sons of trigon dlc.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I though they said they were discussing the possibility.... not that it was happening.

Did they finish discussing it and decided to make it so and no one told me?? :eek:

No one tells me anything. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The whole allies mess is such a debacle-- half baked, tone deaf, cynical and largely unwanted by the community. They should abandon this failed experiment before it eats up any more valuable development resources.
    • Like x 3
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That was more like 5 cents. ;)

Yeah... the Ally System is pretty much an Epic Fail.... only way I can describe it. :(

I made a bit of a rant in another thread..... will not repeat it here. ; )
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nah, it’s still not outright confirmed.
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The Ally system was a waste of time and resources. It's just a half-baked, tone deaf failure that should either be removed until it's properly fixed and implemented or scrapped altogether. No one ever requested this and it kind of shows the level of disconnect between the community and the developers. Hopefully this goes down in history as a lesson on what not to do.

The fact that they released that mess and monetized it on top of it is kind of disgusting. They could've just released more Back-ups based on iconic heroes and villains and it would've been better.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

It was requested, but what I bolded in orange was what was requested. It would be a trinket, like sidekicks, that came in and did stuff for a bit.

What we got was a system that is more about the passives, than when you call them out. So why are we calling them out?
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hmmm, do you change who you're targeting frequently or only use target lock sometimes? I feel like it generally attacks who I'm target locked on to but I'm not one to have my combat tab open much unless testing something so I could be wrong. Personally, I use manual target lock about 99.8% of the time. So much so that it's instinctual to always hold L1 when fighting something and it actually causes issues when I play other games lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lmao lol yeah that bothers me to .
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

If that's the case then that highlights the disconnect even more. I'm not against monetizing stuff but at least make sure it's functional and not P2W.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Given how persistent these allies are likely to become, i actually don't ever see me using any of my ally favor on any character other than my main to any great extent.

With that being the case having them redeemable across my entire account, although nice, would hold little practical value to me. I still think they should be redeemable on all characters, especially at their price point, I just don't ever see me leveling allies much on my alternative characters.

The grind is just too prohibitive.
    • Like x 2
  18. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Most of the new systems implemented in recent years (Artifacts. Allies, etc.) have been quite prohibitive and not really ALT-friendly. I for one wish we could move our Artifacts between our characters but one can keep dreaming. Sure would be fun if the new Allies were redeemable across my account but do I feel like leveling them up on all my ALTs? Hell no.
  19. MrWood Well-Known Player

Bingo. Allies has been a failure so far and was not thought out at all.
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So now we have Nubia, I need to know more than ever.