So what is it about Quantum...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, May 20, 2015.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but I think what he meant is that people who use quantum use it because the timing of powers like nature, light, and celestial are to much to learn to max their damage so they take the easy way out.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

HA they said munitions, earth and sorcery would be stronger then quantum yet look who still is top...
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

You would have a point if a Electric DPS could beat/match a Quantum player. Someone may come in here and say that they managed to accomplish this but I guarantee that a fully seasoned player using both of these powers one will be the clear victor.
  4. Makineko Committed Player

Sorcery has the potential to top the table, but requires a fair bit of effort and research so a lot of people see it as too hard.
    Munitions can be top of the leaderboard but it's slightly more complicated then Quantums AM, that and for mwhat I've read you need to be in closer proximity then you do with Quantum for it to hit harder.
    Earth is an odd one, it's improved but still seems a bit off the top. I ran NGN yesterday with my celestial toon who was 117 at the time, 5 cr lower then a friends Earth dps. I comfortably won that battle by the margin of around a mill (got 3rd in the end behind 2 125 dps)
    Same goes for Mental, hits harder but for Mass Terror to hit harder you need to be a lot closer then any Quantum dps needs to risk.
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not only that small factor BUT you have to realize the timing on combos / clipping in and out of combos with celestial where with quantum there is no clipping its simply 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 = dmg.

sure I see your point thats essentially the same setup celestial has but your not going from left to right your actually doing combo's, clipping, doing buffs and all the crap to do the max dmg with celestial.
    • Like x 1
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

No AM is incredibly complicated so whats the issue ?
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I agree this falls on both the devs and the community IMO, IMHO I think the developers should prepare more then they should as far as power revamps before releasing any power revamps. That way theres more buffed powers running amok in content. There for theres more powers getting used on a daily basis.

its the communities fault for wanting the OPiest power(s) only in the group basically alienating any power that isnt FoTM atm. There for if your not Munitions, quantum, sorcery, earth, mental forget about running new raids or alerts til new content comes out.
  8. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Quantum needs to be close too, to do maximum damage. That part of what you are saying goes for Quantum, Mental, Gadgets, Munitions and Ice. And Rage is best at melee, but that's a different system (combos).
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I get what your saying Johnny, saying someones favorite/only power played is boring is rather insulting, which to that person its not which is why they are that power.

but at the same time Petralka you find it boring (quantum that is) so to you it may be, as celestial may be boring like any other power is to johnny or the other guy. But to you its not its still fun.

See what Im getting at? You each find your powers fun but someone else doesn't, its called difference of opinions. My advice is agree to disagree. You both made valid points, which I agree on both ends to some extent.
  10. DonesoWrong Well-Known Player

Bull crap and lies. I put out so much power with the AM I don't even need a troll.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

true it does, BUT the fact it can still do 100k+ at far range is still there and no other power can do this. Its why alot dislike it, that + it doesn't over write + the simplicity of the power compared to others for some it is.

now like someone else mentioned for a example take nature vs quantum. The 6 DoT rotation (setting up DoTs > go in wolf form) compared to quantums LO that only needs 5 powers regularly + a SC when its up. Quantum beats the more advance AMs by so much and this is another reason alot are upset / have issues with quantum.

because for the time / effort to use 1 power vs time / effort to use quantum to get a amount of dmg is leaps of difference, and it shouldn't be.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

think he means the power trolls give like power dumps goes to that quantum user instead of someone who actually needs it, like a healer or tank.
  13. Zeikial Committed Player

celestial's am is a 2 power rotation, buff buff am, buff buff am. Its the same **** as quantum, people just hating on quantum because its hitting hard that's it. Celestial is boring, and no im not quantum im celestial
    • Like x 1
  14. Zeikial Committed Player

your right its not 123 boom its just 1 boom using 2 or 3 buffs the spamming one power over and over again is the same sht as quantum, its the exact same thing. People just like one power over the other at least in quantum your using 4 different powers that do damage, Celestial is just 3 some only use 1 that's pretty boring to me
    • Like x 1
  15. Kohina Well-Known Player

Well I found Quantum very boring, at least with Cel I can do different rotations like RcW/ScH/PcDL, CScWotP RcW/RcW or RcW/ScH in other words I'm not always doing the same thing maybe for you but this is not the cased for me.
  16. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Yes, Celestial is just like 1 2 3 4. The only difference from Quantum is that you need to use "tap" and "hold" for some combos. That's it. A 5 year old can be good with any power in this game, because all of them are super easy to master.
  17. Kohina Well-Known Player

Anyways I wouldn't even going to bother to answering the next comment but hey at least I learn something in this thread: Celestial and Quantum AM are the same. ;)
  18. Juxes Committed Player

Here we go with trying to make quantum haters seem like scoreboard chasers.

Like there wasn't a Mass Exodus of people switching to quantum to exploit the hardest raid in the game, which turned to excluding every role and power from playing elite.

This community is so full of ****.

This game went on to destroy the fundamental way of dpsing to then to add WM, then to give every power a gimmick way of dpsing for a whole damn year, to achieve "balance" only for them to **** up at the end when they did quantums AM.

Damn right Im pissed at quantum. It requires absolutely no skill and has no risk vs reward other powers have. Yet, people will still try to argue with you up and down that it isn't OP:rolleyes: cause 100k hits at mid to long range isn't Op.:rolleyes:

it was even worse when the max damage mod was in effect.

Im convinced some people on here will argue that water really isn't wet and that the sky is pink.
    • Like x 3
  19. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Unfortunately this is all by design.
    • Like x 1
  20. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Just the fact that you have to clip celestial combos, already makes Celestial less boring than Quantum.
    The difference between a good celestial DPS and a great celestial DPS is how good they are at clipping.
    Way much more variety is there for celestial DPSing. Celestial is the last power where there's actual variety in loadouts, there's no 1 best loadout out there for celestial.
    • Like x 1