So what is it about Quantum...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, May 20, 2015.

1. PVP360 New Player

Its only the players who are not quantum that have the problem.....jealousy
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

I used to hate quantum. Its easy to master and does extremely good damage. Then i said wtf and just switched to it. All dos powers are easy nowadays so who cares.
  3. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

People hate it because of all the players that only switched to it to top the score card and glitch throne elite. Me being a HL user for the longest it always left me to only troll stuff because groups only wanted quantum dps. Then I eventually got bored of HL switched to quantum about a month ago to see what all the fuss was about and 4 hours later I hit a judge in throne for over 100k. The ease at which it is able to do damage is what irks me. While other powers have either be close to danger, or more interactions to do to maximize damage, quantum just sits there and goes 1,2,3,4 boom. It's just not balanced among the other powers dps capabilities. Mental finally got the buff it deserved but you have to be at a very close distance to hit hard, unlike quantum.

For me I don't hate quantum, I just hate how unbalanced it makes other powers look.
    • Like x 2
  4. xD25x Dedicated Player

Everyone would just feel alot better if they lived by the motto "Quantum is life."
  5. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Not sure you quoted the right person or the right post, but I didn't forget anything, as I say nothing there about damage.

I was merely comparing the way the AMs work or are intended to work. I realise Gadgets is on the lower side of damage compared to those two in terms of effort vs reward. I was simply comparing the 1-2-3-4 AMs.
  6. Makineko Committed Player

Fun story:

In a lfg group for NGN (pre Max damage mod hotfix) and we finally get the 8 together. Someone then asks what power I was. I say Celestial and he replies with a question mark. He then proceeds to then moan in group chat how the group has no burn....
    4 dps, 1 or 2 were celestial and the group has no burn:confused:

I knew the group leader so his complaints fell on deaf ears, he left the group a minute later thankfully.

It doesn't represent a large amount of the community but a certain percentage that think you need Quantum to burn through things quickly.
    • Like x 4
  7. Msstat1c Committed Player

I just never understand the fuss over powers being OP in PvE. I could understand if it were strictly a PvP gripe, but in PvE, it is purely an ego thing. There is no trophy or ice cream cake reward for your power set being "more difficult" than the other. I suppose its part of the virtual world we play in though. If everyone can enjoy it, it's way too easy, right?
    • Like x 1
  8. Zeikial Committed Player

you think quantum is boring try celestial.
  9. Mack10 New Player

I've been gone from the game for a while. What sort of Warped Reality have I returned to?
  10. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

People go to a new power that is buffed so they can be on top of the scoreboard. Honestly don't care about it, I just want to get through the raid. The only time I hate people with their powers is when they brag about being powerful and they just changed to the power cause it got buffed
    • Like x 3
  11. Kohina Well-Known Player

Celestial boring? you must be talking about the wrong power, caused I don't remember Celestial AM been 1 2 3 4 Boomb! now that boring. ;)
    • Like x 6
  12. Cable Committed Player

Few things are more cringe-inducing/frustrating than players like the one you described.
    • Like x 2
  13. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

The negativity towards Quantum isn't about Quantum; if anything, it's quite a beautiful power. It's about other powers not having similar god-like status.
    • Like x 4
  14. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Celestial's AM is like Street Fighter. I feel like I am using Special moves all the time. It's a lot of fun.
    • Like x 3
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

It sucks man. This game is seriously different from years ago and it's reflected in this and other threads. People aren't even ashamed about being simple quantum noobs. They admit they just want to win and and be on top, then they'll happily switch to another power once quantum is brought in line.
  16. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

[IMG]

No way XD
    You must be talking about some other power.

To answer the OP, I don't necessarily hate quantum just annoyed for a few reasons.
    -it's ******* everywhere.
    -since it's the top power people seem to think "when in doubt, invite a few quantum guys"
    -it also doesn't help that it's one of the few powers with an AM that doesn't Overwite.

The reasons for those reasons
    -I like variety, and i dislike seeing things being the same for long periods of time. Which is also why I change my style look very often.
    -I know very well that having or not having a quantum dps is not the thing that ruins raids. I know other powers can do enough burn to get through. It annoys me when people feel the solution to everything is more burn. Which to most people equals to "The most burn we can possibly have!"
    -Who honestly would be happy with their powers overwriting? Nobody likes getting overwritten.
    (Tunso mentioned they may fix Dots/Hots overwriting soon, but that may be little awhile. Still good to hear)
    • Like x 2
  17. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

Feels good to be quantum:)
  18. Multiverse Creator League

???

How do you get that number???

111+CR Quantum 13258 = 20%

116+CR Quantum 5866 = 25%

How do you get 48%???

Edit.... did the total for all servers;;;;;

here is USPC

111+CR 1698 = 19%

116+CR 674 = 25%
    • Like x 1
  19. RobyREI Level 30

The game is fun. I play for the fun. Yesterday I did hh after the fix of max damage with the usual friends (I am earth) and see 3 Quantum below me has no price.
    Now I see all these noobs dps quantum change in mental or munition (celestial or hl are too difficult for those who can only do 1234) .. Perfect, you spend more money. Next hotfix laugh again :D
    • Like x 2
  20. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Perhaps, you were playing with people who were not good DPSs to start with. Also, if you played enough powers, you would realize that quantum is not the only power that uses the max damage mod and even after the fix, quantum is still by far the best DPS power in the game.

Also, mental and munitions don't compare with quantum as these powers may have potential but still fall 10 to 15% behind quantum (this has only to do with these powers needing to be mid range to get the best results and nothing to do with the damage these powers produce which are at par with quantum) . Coming to hl, it's a terrible DPS power at the moment and Celestial might be doing better but it's still not there with top powers and both theses powers are equally easy as quantum to play with and in fact, unlike quantum, hl is simply played on the hold and tap function of a single button whereas in Quantum, you would be using about 5 buttons/keys.
    • Like x 1
  21. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

4 things come to mind why ppl hate Quantum

1. Un loyal to power set
    2. Score board chasers
    3. Dpsing in a troll stance ( can't troll)
    4. Glitching Throne, which was icing on the cake for alot of ppl to dislike quantum.

Me personally I know a few really good quantum trolls/dps that been quantum b4 the buff. It just that FOTM players really tarnished the Quantum community with there know it all attitude.

To be fair FOTM powers have always been tarnished by FOTM players.
    Remember when Rage was suppose to be the it power then all of the sudden there where bad rage tanks in Throne.
    Sorcery got stronger then all the sudden Sorcery players couldn't heal
    Know what I'm starting to see is Fire creeping up cause there whispers of it going to be more stronger than Quantum. So if Fire do become stronger than Quantum, be pre paired for bad fire tanks coming out the wood works
    • Like x 1