So um

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, May 9, 2018.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

Back to what Hera said in AF3 "With the crown destroyed. Olympus will fall to strife and infighting."

Will we ever touch up on that or just let it fade away?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

More Amazon content? No thanks I am good. I would prefer content that would be finishing things in the original game, like maybe Black Adam or hell Batman hasn't had content since pretty much OC.
    • Like x 2
  3. Vesper Dedicated Player

Batman had the entire sub-plot in Earth-3. Remember the entire point of Batman investigating E3-Gordon was finding out what happened to E3 Dick Grayson. We fought Owlman, but it was Batman plot.
    • Like x 5
  4. Eve YouTuber

Batman had Riddled with Crime.

Edit: I'm not against more Batman or Amazon Content.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

Hell no, no more amazon, lantern, new gods or batman content and also no more trigon plz, thx
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Batman, the most popular DC comics hero.

Except for on the DCUO forums.
    • Like x 8
  7. Vesper Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

My main gripe with how Batman content is handled is that we never seem to get him fighting his traditional Gotham villains.

It leaves Batman fans unfulfilled & non Batman fans complaining of too much Batman.

Never gonna happen but I'd love a 5 boss raid where he's with us & we have to run a gauntlet of Bane, Scarecrow, Two Face etc culminating in a Court of Owls type final boss tying the whole thing together.
    • Like x 4
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I get that, my gripe with Batman content is, well, it's Batman. He's street level along with all of his villains mostly. It doesn't make sense for us to be superheroes taking on Darkseid and the Anti Monitor, and then turning around and running a raid against two face. His villains aren't interesting enough for me to want to fight them in a raid environment. Maybe a few Batman inspired solos id be ok with. Then again as a villain I'd rather work with his villains in taking down the bat family.
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Roth Committed Player

YES!
  11. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Unfortunately that ship has sailed.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

If "More <Hero X> content!" isn't followed by "In which you get to pound <Hero X> in the face until he/she stops twitching!"...I can't say that I'm super interested.

Unless it involves Section 8.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Every Episode and story line is left open so they have something to go back to at a later date. So eventually we may be back in Olympus, it's probably not going to be an Amazon Fury storyline since that's pretty much closed with Hippolyta saved.
    • Like x 1
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m glad there are players who are still really enthusiastic about the storylines. Personally, designing storylines in such a way that heroes and villains always, or nearly always, have the same objectives and raids isn’t really true to the DC Universe and DCUO has jumped the shark for too long in this regard for me to ever really invest in future storylines.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well we may not see HIM fight them but they are all over the place when you think about it. Below level 30 we take on Scarecrow (if you have bats as your mentor .. or hook up with someone that does). We battle Harley at Amusement Mile. We battle Poison Ivy at the Gardens. We battle Bane in the lighthouse. We actually work WITH the Riddler before we battle Death Stroke and at the end before he runs off to hide Riddler gives us a heads up on the new Toxin T.O. is making for the Joker.. Then above 30 we enter Ace Chemical and battle T.O. Morrow who has decided to screw Joker and keep the toxin for himself. Villain side we take on and take out Mr. Freeze below 30 if our Mentor IS the Joker. Now add in Battling the Joker himself as Batman's mentor at around level 15 and don't forget we turn right around and battle all three of those again in the solo challenges after we hit level 30. Then we also take on The Penquin in the subways as a Tier 2 solo mission and then again as a tier 3 solo challenge. Add in helping AND then battling Catwoman in the Gotham Univ warehouse. the Shady Nightclub duo has us take on Bane (again), the Penguin (along with Cheetah and Parasite) before facing off against Gorilla Grood and one of several other super villain including Solomon Grundy. We take or Ras al Ghul a couple of times after 30 level.. First in the League of Assassin's stronghold and then much later in the Demon's Plan.. Heck in League of Assassin's we actually rescue him at the end from Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow. On the Gotham under Siege map the vilains join up with the Joker and defeat a group of Amazon attacking him oh yeah and we also have 4 bounties in that zone.. Mr. Freeze, Catwoman and Killer Croc (all batman villains) plus Cheetah the lone Wonder Woman villain in a DLC devoted mainly to Wonder Woman. As the CR gets higher we do the Harley's Heist solo and break up an attempted robbery buy Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison Ivy and the in the Wayne Manor solo we rescue Bruce Wayne when Harley and Ivy kidnap him. Oh and let's NOT forget the the final Mentor mission that gets us the Invite to the JLA involves us Saving Batman from Brother eye and we actually run across him several time and in the part inside T.O. Morrow's hide out we encounter him, Robin, The Joker and Harley. Then as mentioned earlier we see a good bit of him on Earth 3 and while Riddled with Crime deals with him being mission .. we deal with two Face and Penquin handing us missions and hunt down bounties including Ivy, Harley, Killer Croc, and Death Stroke along with Echo one of the Riddler's hench women. We see Bane in one of the 2 duos and even battle Talia al Ghul at the Gotham zoo. Heck we even battle Mr Freeze again ever year when the Valentine's day event starts.

I KNOW I am missing some but that alone is a pretty sizable group of Batman's rogues group and it stretches from Level 4 all the way to Cr 200+

Would I like to see more? Sure I am a huge Batman fan and would love to battle the Joker.. but the thing to keep in mind is times have changed. The voice of Batman in game is Kevin Conroy and the Voice of the Joker is Mark Hamill. Now when the game was brand new and Sony was throwing money at it to get it developed paying those popular voice actors to get them was not an issue .. But now? Hamill is still doing voice over for Direct to DVD movie along with a little thing called STAR WARS... I think we have seen a lot less of him because they can not afford to pay him. Conroy is not as active in the Batman films these days.. Made a come back for the Killing Joke he may be out of their price range as well. Much easier to pay lesser know an cheaper voice actors to just play the villains .. Or do we want a repeat of that horrible ordeal we went through when they recast the voice of Harley? Ewwww Please no. LOL
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly I can do without more Atlantean content for a bit...at least no more Mera and Aquaman lovey dovey junk....I'm tired of having it forced on me. Not sure how you can say there was not enough recent 'Batman' content? E3, Zoo, ROTB (although he was not in it...it was happening at Wayne and Batcave locations). Now that the light spectrum has been repaired, maybe a storyline where everyone is not working together again....Green vs Yellow or Red vs Blue? I'm not a huge fan of lantern stuff, but it's been a long time since A&B which I think was the last time it was a straight up fight between the good/bad sides.

And at least the Amazonian story had a cohesive plot. Not sure if I still understand the Rip Hunter/Vandal Savage stuff? Too much switching sides and bit players.

Reinheld
  17. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Check my first paragraph.

You do realise saying 'him' as opposed to 'HIM' doesn't detract from the meaning of the word.
  18. E Clip Dedicated Player

Well, whatever story line they want to do next I hope it gets better dialogue than Deluge. And animations too, the last ones felt like they were outsourced to a 3rd world country where a 14 year old animated them.
  19. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I want 1. Legion
    2. Secret Six where we help them because Villains need love
    3. Jsa
    4. Hawkman/Thangar
    5. Justice League Dark tied in with Amethyst. Hell you could Tie it in with Legion with Mordu.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

That was a Justice League episode which focused on E3 characters.
    I guess technically, this would be considered "Batman". I concede, it's only been a few for him.

But my post still stands, no more Amazon. I've had my fill of Amazon and Lantern content. I'll take a Black Adam JSA story or something that finishes an open story line. Or maybe something "new" like Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. Or anything but more Amazon and Lantern content.
    • Like x 3