So the event alert is broken?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Dec 6, 2019.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

What is going on? I just ran the event version and wow. These adds and bosses tick you for so much damage i felt like i was in survival mode. This has to be broken.
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

I wiped a few times while tanking but I think there's a mechanic I wasn't doing properly or something idk.
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thats the thing tho. You're not supposed to need roles. Mechanics dont matter. Its supposed to be easy mode. It felt like an elite alert. I usually do the events to start just to see the content then do the regular ones but there's definitely something off. I like a challenge. When it supposed to be there.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i just got through the regular alert after about three or four attempts yesterday.
    the only issue i had was in the final phase of the last boss fight. the oxygen pools werent doing their thing and the dots wre insanely high. the charging bulls could be a problem if you arent paying attention.

maybe they havent adjusted the event content yet...i dont know but the normal version is totally doable now (we did it with a 1-1-1-1 set up and it was smooth sailling).
    • Like x 1
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

Event is fine if you do the mechanics, completed it on the first run with 3/4 players from the start, we did get all 4 but this guy stayed behind on oan in the entrance just walking around not doing anything to help at all, didn't even go inside the fighting area. After the first boss fight was done we finally got to kick him out (couldn't kick him before because we were in combat), reopened and got a tank who tried to disband as soon as he got in, when the vote didn't go through he tried to tank the ads and died, we wiped trying to pick him up and then he left. We didn't reopen after that, figured since we got that far without a fourth we could finish it.
    After that we only wiped on one fight and that was when all the ads didn't let us do the last boss mechanic correctly (we couldn't get the mirrors bc the ads were attacking us), i switched to tank role to aggro the enemies and let the other 2 do the mechanics in peace. When we were under water we just kept moving around to the air spots and fighting the boss from there.
  6. Luke® Level 30

I agree with Zamara, the event works fully as intended there are still mechanics you have to follow.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No something was off here. Ive played every event theres been and never have i seen an add or a boss crack me this hard repeatedly. Events are meant for mechanics to be ignored. Ive never ran into a problem on an event before always bypassing any mechanic. On the regular version of course you have to do mechanics. Something seemed off.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

That's the thing tho. The event version requires 0 roles. You cant even Queue as one because they aren't intended for you to need roles. Maybe it was the group but i doubt it. The magnus fight? And the drowned fight ive never seen an event version where the adds and the boss crack you that hard that quickly. I was blocking and healing and still getting knocked out. Idk. Seemed off to me compared to any other event ive ever ran. I only run the event to observe the content then get to running regular stuff but good gracious. It was not fun.
  9. Luke® Level 30

Its probably just the group we ran it with all DPS the other day and it was fine. You have to remember the players you are playing with are potentially brand new players to the game.
  10. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I ran through the same problem today, after a quick inspect i realized the players were new, very weak or just not good at all, the highest was cr 23.

i ran the alert yesterday on event and it was a smooth run, so more than likely it's the players you ran with.
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

The coral golems seem to hit harder in the event
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah i know that. Still seemed off to me.
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I mean i guess could be it. But still seemed to be getting cracked for a lot more damage than ive ever remembered taking in an event. But who knows.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Haven't tried the event version, but I completed the Regular a couple of times. I had 4-5 wipes on the Drowned the first time, essentially all to do with the air pockets. Some players didn't wish to go to them in order to purge the dots. And I'm not ashamed to admit, the first time I did it I didn't realize that the air pocket froze my power bar, so I'd hop in and then couldn't heal people (people who didn't want to go in an air pocket). Once everyone finally got the hang of dancing in and out of the air pockets, it went smooth sailing.
  15. fm0987 Committed Player

For what it's worth, just ran the event (in tank role again), the ads before the (second?) boss wiped me. Seems like the ads hit harder than the bosses in this one lol.
  16. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I've ran it several times and not once did we wipe.

About mechanics, this is the problem here, people don't do mechanics and then complain. how much easier are we gonna make this game now? Learn the mechanics! It's not always bout the highest DPS, sometimes a little challenge is appreciated. By now this game is starting to look like the school system, always lowering the bar because everyone complains that "It's too hard". I frankly find it easy enough. but, then again, i guess not everyone will see it that way.
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

Not complaining just stating what happened I guess lol just thought I'd share, and there was no mechanic to the ads that wiped me (nor did we have a healer) so yea idk, anyway as other's have said it's fine as is.
  18. fm0987 Committed Player

Idk, Bane in the last event alert hit pretty hard with that spinny thing he did.
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Overall, I'm enjoying the new content... but my experience with the Damage Control alert was pretty crazy as well...

The Taurus Room ... I hope I said it right... was a strange battle .... One of the monks was attacking us, but we couldn't attack her. She had no red name or anything over her at all.... it wasn't until a few minutes later after she had dealt us a considerable amount of damage (took two players out) did the name above her head show red and were we able to damage her. Is there something I am missing here or is that how it's supposed to be?

The battle with The Drowned was insane once she flooded the room.... at one point, it was just a march of death.... players getting one shot by her (or something else in there) , re spawning and just rushing into Arion's Tomb before the last player died so the battle wouldn't reset, only to be one-shot by something again... rinse and repeat. It seemed her energy bar stayed at about 10% foreveeeeeerrrrrrrr. Finally she died....but it was all madness before that. Aside from moving to an air pocket to attack her, was there something else we needed to be doing? Haven't run the alert since that time.

I know that some of it had to do with 2 out of 4 players being below level 30 but still....when doing Metal 1 Batcave Breach, it never made that much of a difference.... I have never experienced anything that insane in an "event" level instance before...

Don't misunderstand... I'm not complaining and asking them to make it easier... I actually thought it was pretty hilarious. But just wanted to share my experience with this alert.
  20. Muadeeb2069 Level 30

I agree with your statements. People have to realize that the event portion of this DLC is NOT meant to be this hard. It is supposed to be catered around level 15 players who don't have all the power abilities unlocked for a build, who do not have skill points. The only thing the event does is buff your gear. Knowing all the in the Event alert there should be no required mechanic to follow and Enemy NPC's should not be hitting so hard. I ran the Event version of the alert and I couldn't believe how hard it actually was. Does not inspire me to keep running it.